The autoclicker eater

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMagus

The autoclicker eater

Post by MadMagus »

This is a combination of ideas, and not 100% mine. Neon deserves some credit, as this is similar to his idea for the killerbunny, but it's also similar to my old idea.

What if a new mob was added, some kind of "nightmare", that attacks if you stay in a certain map too long? Or maybe it just wanders FT incessantly and looks for players to eat... Logging off/on should not restart the counter.. but this mob would perhaps be a little different.
You could not kill it in a normal fashion - weapons, spells, and pets will not affect it.
I can see a few possibilities:
- you cannot kill it at all, and have to run - this is a common theme in many video games
- you can only kill it with certain tactics - perhaps it's slow, or it'll pause next to you for a little while, and you have to hit a context button to scare it off somehow, i.e. shine a torch at it and it's scared away

if you fail, it kills you... and if it kills you often, well, that's a sign you're maybe not paying attention to the game *cough*autoclicker*cough*

this thing would eat autoclickers regularly, if designed properly ;)
and it may add a little excitement to the game itself

as per my older idea, perhaps a small (random) reward could be given to those that defeat it
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Leone

Re: The autoclicker eater

Post by Leone »

I like this idea. If it's primarily aimed at those who use autoclickers, I think the context button idea would work best. For example, the nightmare appears after one hour(?) of you being in the same place and kills you by freezing you - so drinking an anti freeze pot would somehow destroy it.

The concept is excellent. Perhaps the details could be discussed!
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

ah
sometimes an autoclicker will hide in plain sight, in the middle of a group
so, perhaps the monster should display the name of it's intended target, and in such a way that it's very visible and not drowned out if another player or an obstacle like a tree or wall is in the way
naturally, only the intended target can scare it away, and all others cannot affect it at all, if present
no map would be safe, not even start map
Never let you down
On solid ground
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

Leone wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:03 pm I like this idea. If it's primarily aimed at those who use autoclickers, I think the context button idea would work best. For example, the nightmare appears after one hour(?) of you being in the same place and kills you by freezing you - so drinking an anti freeze pot would somehow destroy it.

The concept is excellent. Perhaps the details could be discussed!
afk autoclickers rely on the game being predictable to do their thing
that said, the more random based this is, the better
the time should vary, and perhaps, the context button relative to the monster could vary as well
Never let you down
On solid ground
Arashiko

Post by Arashiko »

I like the concept. The autoclicker eater could be a weeping angel that teleports you with it to hellmaze, where it proceeds to attack you using a toxic attack, which stuns.
Only +1 or +2 weapons can hurt it, all other attacks do no damage. Once it kills you, you cannot log in that character for one hour.
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.

SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I agree that it's an interesting idea, and definitely something that could target the intended audience. Totally agree with some sort of a penalty and being unable to access the game for awhile.

If it were something that couldn't be killed and you have to run, please don't make it target pets at all.

I'm not sure about having a "plus" weapon as that would cut many people out. I think I was level 250 before I had my first such weapon, so many months before that I would have been out of luck (assuming I would trigger a targeting).

Freeze pots are great if you keep a good stock on hand for PvP purposes... which I and many others dont.

I think the context button would probably be easiest for everyone. Mix up some prompts for either a "yes" or "no" response depending on the prompt and you have something that could be fairly used for anyone.

Could it be made visible to only the target? Lots of players sit around at spawn, so it could get confusing. Maybe not a bad idea though!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

some good ideas here

i spend days weeks and months grinding on one map and in one spot so i do not support being targeted if on a map for too long unless there is a way to dispel the nightmare monster without too much trouble like using an unfreeze potion or shining a torch on it.

for those of us that do not use an autoclicker i do not feel we should be punished for others actions and that is the feeling i get from this idea
Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Nahgus wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:36 pm some good ideas here

i spend days weeks and months grinding on one map and in one spot so i do not support being targeted if on a map for too long unless there is a way to dispel the nightmare monster without too much trouble like using an unfreeze potion or shining a torch on it.

for those of us that do not use an autoclicker i do not feel we should be punished for others actions and that is the feeling i get from this idea
This is pretty much my sentiments as well. I do agree with the concept and the targets, but think it should basically amount to an afk check in some form where you can take an easy action or acknowledge a pop-up to reset the counter. Still, much to build on I would think.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Ok then:

'Do you wish to escape the nightmare? Go to your inventory if so'.

By hitting the inventory button, the nightmare disappears. ALL players can do this and won't be disadvantaged if they don't have a particular potion or +1/2 weapon...

...unless , of course, they are using an autoclicker:)
Leone

Post by Leone »

Additional: you have, say, 1 minute to respond. Otherwise, autolog for an autoclicker. How fitting.

Or death with 10% xp loss. Whichever.