The autoclicker eater

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The autoclicker eater

Post by LostKnight »

Not sure how an "autoclicker" works and only ever looked in playstore for them once because of the rules and waned to read up on them.

BUT if these things click at a regular beat or a pattern maybe an "autoclick eater" can be programmed into looking at players that are:

1, autospawning for a long time without moving AND
2. their pattern of clicking is repetitive - after X pattern repeats; Increase the spawn 10 fold OR as ardesia said: change the spawn to a weeping angel that teleports you with it to hellmaze, where it proceeds to attack you using a toxic attack, which stuns.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

In some part regarding the staff (GMs), it mentions that some blue named in-game accts are testing bots. How hard would it be to set one up to pop in on a player that has been grinding (or chopping/mining/fishing) in one map for an extended period?
Same thing as when a GM appears. You are greeted. If no response in a period of time, transport to a cell. If responded to, the response is recorded (and checked) and the Bot moves on to the next suspicious player. Full time patrol. This alone will catch many cheaters.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:22 am In some part regarding the staff (GMs), it mentions that some blue named in-game accts are testing bots. {snip}
→ AutoClicker Eater Bot wrote:Hello human, respond or die!
DEAD!
I am always AFK!
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

The idea to code it so that it looks for people who may be autoclicking might be a bit difficult to program, and also, may not be foolproof.

I don't think that should be attempted.
I think, that this could be a good thing all the way around.
If you're afk, well, it could end badly...
But if you're not, well, you could get a random prize.
The easiest concept to that could be to liken it to fishing, without the fish - perhaps gold instead as the minimum prize.
Maybe you might get a valuable piece of gear.
Who knows? Maybe you'd get something like a pet or a skin on a very rare chance.

But to make it fair, make it go after everyone. Well, perhaps not GM work accounts, but that could be funny too :lol:
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Leone

Post by Leone »

Yes - I love this. Accept/discard the prize or accept/no discard the nightmare.
death911

Post by death911 »

This is a good concept to eat auto clickers. but instead of " Nightmare" ( Which can affect both autoclicking players and non autoclicking players) , there could be something which MagMagus suggested.
If u are autoclicking and do not respond u pay the price!!
If u are non autoclicking players, u may get a random prize.

It should be a simple method. let's say, after playing for a period of time, a random good item comes as a drop on screen. A non autoclicking player will obviously pick up drop. an afk autoclicking player won't pick it obviously. once the item not picked then the "Nightmare "is spawned which attacks the player and kills him.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

The way I see this is: players that are not using an autoclicker are going to be harassed every now and then by a bot.

Maybe programming a code that looks for a "pattern" regarding clicking is a little harder, then again maybe not, but in my humble opinion that where the start of this "autoclicker eater" should be focusing, on the problem, not just throwing a net over a whole map!

If the "bot" picks a random player, it may never pick the "autoclicking" player!
As Nahgus wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:36 pm for those of us that do not use an autoclicker i do not feel we should be punished for others actions and that is the feeling i get from this idea
... and I agree with him.
I am always AFK!
kuba10sb

Post by kuba10sb »

death911 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:00 pm This is a good concept to eat auto clickers. but instead of " Nightmare" ( Which can affect both autoclicking players and non autoclicking players) , there could be something which MagMagus suggested.

It should be a simple method. let's say, after playing for a period of time, a random good item comes as a drop on screen. A non autoclicking player will obviously pick up drop. an afk autoclicking player won't pick it obviously. once the item not picked then the "Nightmare "is spawned which attacks the player and kills him.
What if the Nightmare kills pets?
kuba10sb archer 1255lvl
kuba2sb mage 133lvl
kuba1sb drwalf 251lvl
Language spoken: English, Polish
death911

Post by death911 »

kuba10sb wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:41 pm
death911 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:00 pm This is a good concept to eat auto clickers. but instead of " Nightmare" ( Which can affect both autoclicking players and non autoclicking players) , there could be something which MagMagus suggested.

What if the Nightmare kills pets?
If Player is not afk,and picks up the drop item then "Nightmare" doesn't spawn, if player is afk and doesn't pick up drop item then nightmare spawn.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

One of the problems I see with needing to pick up a drop is getting an explanation out to players. Yeah, there could be some kind of post, but that starts up the argument again about what's sufficient notice to players. You also can't assume that players will just pick up drops either because that's not always what players are going for when they grind. Then you get situations where it could get lost in a sea of other drops, hard to make out in the background, mistaken for some junk and ignored, and all sorts of other excuses. I'm not opposed to a random drop, but think something would need to trigger the drop (or the chance of a drop). Of course, the drop/reward line of reasoning seems best suited for a "net" approach as LK calls it, because if it's a targeted approach is that something where you want to reward players who seem to be auto clicking but actually aren't? Or players who totally are, but are also paying attention?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.