The autoclicker eater

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: The autoclicker eater

Post by LostKnight »

EDIT: also agree with what SellSword said! Right now, tablet's on desk as I type, reach up, tap, tap, tap, picked up ore!
death911 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:43 pm
{snip} if player is afk and doesn't pick up drop item then nightmare spawn.
But "afk" and "autoclicker" are two different things.

I frequently glance at the TV for a minute or two, run for a ... to the bathroom, <1 min to pour a coffee, turn away to answer a question from my wife.

Target "autoclickers" not human action/inaction/reaction!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

LostKnight wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 pm The way I see this is: players that are not using an autoclicker are going to be harassed every now and then by a bot.

Maybe programming a code that looks for a "pattern" regarding clicking is a little harder, then again maybe not, but in my humble opinion that where the start of this "autoclicker eater" should be focusing, on the problem, not just throwing a net over a whole map!

If the "bot" picks a random player, it may never pick the "autoclicking" player!
As Nahgus wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:36 pm for those of us that do not use an autoclicker i do not feel we should be punished for others actions and that is the feeling i get from this idea
... and I agree with him.
You guys.
There is a lot that I'm not saying here that I cannot say - I'm sure you can understand.
I can literally boast that I've put more effort into the autoclicking problem than any member of the staff. You can believe that statement, or not, I really don't care.
Naturally, if any of you know me, you'd know that the last thing I'd want is for innocents to be harassed.
So that's why I'm putting the spin on it like it's a mini game. It would make the pill easier to swallow. Players who follow the rules will be rewarded, those who don't will find trouble.
Forget the dying part for a minute - what happens to autoclickers in the end will really be a full on application of the rules.
There is no real reason why an innocent that's simply not paying attention should get punished. So maybe focus on another alternative to that part of the idea, like you get briefly cursed.
But the fact remains that afk players are still not desired - the antiquated afk rule, and the implementation of the afk kick should support that idea.

But don't fool yourself - autoclickers are indeed a problem, and they are stealing from you and me, and hurting the very game. They devalue bought levels, and devalue hard grinding. How would you like it if I got to your level while I was sleeping?
kuba10sb wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:41 pm What if the Nightmare kills pets?
No way. This should never happen, as pets can be real money items.

@everyone
the idea is to create a new random event that you need to interact with, in a way that can't be automated
you will have time - it won't be quick really; and it will compensate for other things that autoclickers do
so if you're just idly watching tv or something, while still paying attention, in most cases you should be ok
if not, well, perhaps you should re-evaluate your playstyle, because the game has never desired afk players; and it would not be much different than say if you were attacked in pvp, in how quick you could "fail" (of course, some buy protection, but you should still be watching)
also, if you look at the rules, you'll note that most rules allow for chances, and this sort of thing wouldn't be any different, if implemented
it would not be like "fail once and you're banned forever"

EDIT: People don't play MMOs because they want to play with bots. It's because they want to play with other, interactive people.
Those who want to play with bots are more likely to demand an offline RPG update than be affected here, like this
https://forum.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopi ... 99#p102899
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

MadMagus wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:34 am {snip}
There is a lot that I'm not saying here that I cannot say - I'm sure you can understand.
I can literally boast that I've put more effort into the autoclicking problem than any member of the staff. You can believe that statement, or not, I really don't care.
Naturally, if any of you know me, you'd know that the last thing I'd want is for innocents to be harassed.
{snip}
Had you mentioned something like this UP FRONT. I would bet that a lot of the responses would be different. I know mine would have been so.

I for one trust you without question and would never question your integrity.

Sorry if it seemed like I was stomping on toes, my apologies.
I am always AFK!
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:02 am
Had you mentioned something like this UP FRONT. I would bet that a lot of the responses would be different. I know mine would have been so.

I for one trust you without question and would never question your integrity.

Sorry if it seemed like I was stomping on toes, my apologies.
I omitted things intentionally, and it's possible I may have said more now than I originally wanted to.
If you want to get technical, this post should likely have not been public in the first place... but there are pros to it being so.
Raising your concerns as you did are good notes, in case these ideas do get implemented in some way.
Plus, the more heads we get in on the brainstorming, the more likely an idea may come up that hasn't been told before.
Over the last year and a half, I've come up with so many ideas to try and address the issue, but many are not very practical.
There were other ideas on the table too that are far worse, IMO.
The reason I am so excited about this one is, that this one may actually be possible with less programming, and low impact on the server itself.
We can all agree on the ideal solution to the problem... it's just implementing such a solution is a heavy drain on resources, and guess what else - could even cause a bit of lag. Who wants that?

What I can say is this - the GMs I spoke with are rather fond of the idea, and also, have some creative ideas on how it could be implemented into the storyline, as well as quests. This could even be included along the tutorial questline, who knows?

If you want to be realistic though, I don't have high hopes of this actually happening.
But, as I've encouraged so many, if you have a suggestion, post it - you never know.
An idea not shared is just as good an idea not had.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm pretty sure that most people would be in favor of some sort of "auto click check," and if they aren't it could be rather telling. I know the intent of the OP was never about harassing the law abiding players, and fully agree with that. Frankly, having some sort of interaction that takes all of 5-10 seconds or whatever to get past isn't inconveniencing anyone in the least. I mean, if you're sitting there not moving for three hours while you grind and checking your backpack every few minutes so you don't log I think something different to do would even be appreciated.

Totally understand there are some unspoken issues though, and I do not doubt any behind the scenes efforts to address things.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
death911

Post by death911 »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:08 am EDIT: also agree with what SellSword said! Right now, tablet's on desk as I type, reach up, tap, tap, tap, picked up ore!
death911 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:43 pm
{snip} if player is afk and doesn't pick up drop item then nightmare spawn.
But "afk" and "autoclicker" are two different things.

I frequently glance at the TV for a minute or two, run for a ... to the bathroom, <1 min to pour a coffee, turn away to answer a question from my wife.

Target "autoclickers" not human action/inaction/reaction!
No lol i meant Autoclickers only. Non Autoclicking players won't be targeted at all... Let me be clear in what i say.
We have an mechanism in which Afk Player non autoclicking gets kicked every 5 mins of inactivity.. Right?
And Afk players autoclicking are not kicked even after 5 min because they are autoclicking. So the Proposed random item stays on screen till 5 mins. So a non autoclicking player has a time of 5 min to pick it up. once 5 min over , he automatically gets kicked off ..
An autoclicker on the other hand will also get 5 min to pick up the item. But since he is afk he won't pick the item. the item stays on screen till 5 min. But since he is afk he won't pick the item. But on the other hand he won't get kicked also since he is autoclicking. In that case the " Nightmare" spawns..
And also one may argue that the Random item gets lost in the sea of other items drop. So i suggest that the item comes in Message from as a Trade Request message. So once the Nonautoclicking players open the message they may get the item . If they afk for 5 min and kicked, Then they are just kicked as usual and no "Nightmare" spawns.They also lose the item they are supposed to get because they not open the message .
The Autoclickers on the other hand won't open the message even after 5 mins. And in that case the " Nightmare" spawns.
I have tried to be clear and i hope everyone gets my point.
What is Death!!
To think our self confidence is lower than that of our enemies is Death!!
Staying alive in battlefield in fear of our enemies is Death!!
Running from our enemy instead of fighting is Death!!
death911

Post by death911 »

Ohk maybe some players are worried that the " Nightmare" may spawn and kill off the regular non autoclicking players too..
So let me suggest something much simpler..
We already have a mechanism in which Afk Player gets kicked every 5 min of inactivity.. no punishments . just kicked... So no one has anything to lose...( Just a sort of AFK check)
So similarly Just add a form of Autoclick check..
Just as i said a random item comes as a drop or a Trade Request message for players after a long time of online activity. This is a sort of thank u to players ( regular non afk non autoclicking players) for playing for long time.
If a player is Afk and non autoclicking , He won't pick the item or open the message within 5 min, He just gets kicked as usual. ( No harm done)
If a player is Afk and Autoclicking he also just gets kicked if he not picks up the item or open the Trade Request message within 5 min. ( No other punishment. just kicked and his autoclicking stopped)
To other regular players who are non afk , they get rewarded if the pick the item or open the Trade Request message within 5 min. if they don't pick the item or open the Trade Request message , they also get kicked. ( no harm done) .
So is just a similar mechanism for Autocliker check just like Afk check rather than punishment.
What is Death!!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I'm cool with MadMikes reply.

Let's think full backpack. (I if grind -> HUH!!!) If I grind with +HP, the item should be worthwhile ... GOLD: 500k or with a 0.001% chance at a "Pet" ... 5 minute display then: Nightmare: a ring of 9 ball enemies spawn, 100b HP, to attack player only, sending him the the maze Ardesia mentioned. I can live with that.

If player is not "clicking" s/he is to be considered like LK; answering a post in the forum and "waiting around in game" and the player gets the LK Special Boot (logged off). :D -> or whatever!

Last edited by LostKnight on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am always AFK!
death911

Post by death911 »

+1 @ LK
What is Death!!
Cleopatra

Post by Cleopatra »

I like this idea!!!
the 5 minute log-off timer works pretty well with the exception of the auto clickers. Of course I will admit I get quite a lot of rewards reporting auto clickers. This would take away my job of hunting lol. But for the greater good I do see this idea with potential
Languages Spoken: English
Facebook name: Cleopatra Ft
I'm a veteran GM of almost 2 years
Dwarf = Worf, Soldier = Captn Kirk, Archer = Tuvok, Ogre = Quark, Mage = Almighty Q
If you can't play honestly then plz honestly don't play!