Future HGM - Last Two Resource Rooms

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Future HGM - Last Two Resource Rooms

Post by SellSword »

I know that future expansion of HGM may very well be planned out, but here are some thoughts.

Current resource rooms require level 500 to access, or to attempt opening at least. There are currently two empty rooms to the right of the current resources that are currently not in use.

What about jade in the next room? Hobbs mentioned before (I'll have to look for the post) some possibilities about rough jade and refining to a refined jade. This would of course open up additional crafting options. Maybe level 750(?) needed for this room.

EDIT with Hobbs' post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15369#p95110

For the last room how about titanium? Or maybe adamant? More crafting options, perhaps with some refined jade and magic gems? This could be maybe 750 or 1k for this room, but...

The last resource room would have stairs to a lower level. If the room itself required 750 this would probably be a level 1k requirement for the stairs.

This would lead to... the HGM catacombs! I'm not sure what all would be down here, but for those who wonder where ancient worms come from, well, ancestor worms or ghost worms would lurk in locations down here. We all thought Hobbs was sadistic before, but think of a second level he and the others could play around with! :twisted:

Much thanks to LK and a fun conversation we had earlier!
Last edited by SellSword on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMikael

Re: Future HGM - Last Two Resource Rooms

Post by MadMikael »

MadMagus wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:48 pm
To clarify, the level requirement is only for the platinum room, not the others.
These requirements in these quests are far lower than the other areas where you can acquire these resources - for example, for the other platinum source, you need level 800 to enter.
But you are correct in that each room can have its own level requirement.
I do like the idea of more resources and another level too ;)
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OH SURE! Blame me for that. DENY DENY DENY....

Complete with paper diagrams, drawings of monsters and the 6,296 rooms below - OK that parts not true!
Last edited by LostKnight on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

And each of the 6,296 rooms need to be opened with +4 tools!

Actually, the thought crossed my mind that there coukd be a separate quest to open the rooms, as opposed to them simply being available with a future release. The npc could request a certain number of "master tools" or something like that. These tools could be crafted similar to the +3 tools, but swap out the mithril ingots for platinum ingots, the meteor stones for meteorite ingots, and the magic stumps for magic planks.

These would be quest items only, so no +4 tools for players.

Call it the mine blacksmith who gets a :?: icon at level 750 to craft these, with the conditions that you've unlocked all of the other rooms.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Like that idea!

But why not have it as a tool that will,can, replace the Mithil Tool+3 as a Tool+4 at Level XXX and required for the area where it is created, which is not necessarily a "Must Do" to advance in game but has great rewards if you do it.

And :roll: obviously :roll: for "some" future content.

FUTURE: At location "F1" if you don't have "Pick+4" a pick+3 will not do however there should be other be other places in the future for Mith Tools+3 as well.

about as clear as mud I think...
Last edited by LostKnight on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

Ryaca_1 is retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

+1

There, we're all evened out again, so full steam ahead! ;)
LostKnight wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:25 am Like that idea!

But why not have it as a tool that will,can, replace the Mithil Tool+3 as a Tool+4 at Level XXX and required for the area where it is created, which is not necessarily a "Must Do" to advance in game but has great rewards if you do it.
I guess my thought in general is why not do something with those rooms beyond what has already been done? Whenever those rooms are put into use with an update a sizeable chunk of players with access will have a mith tool stockpile of some kind. Just have players spend all of a minute to get the rooms open and that's it? It seems like something could be done, so why not different tools?

I wonder if +4 tools are desired. Players would of course want them, and I guess they would take over the mith tool market to some extent. My thought is they would be too much more of a boost to skills and if some would see that as bad for the game. On the other hand, mith tools have been around for awhile now so this would be an evolution of sorts for them.