shedding skin

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Nahgus

Re: shedding skin

Post by Nahgus »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:40 pm Remove all special skins? Why? Those who received for contributions to the game, rather than simply for leveling to 1500, would lose simply because others are whining.
Are those players to be "punished" because of such? I can understand the frustrations of players wanting them, but not receiving them. I myself was refused a skin I had contributed (that was added to game, even), but I got over it. Mine was even added BEFORE the rule change on skins.
Changing the level required to request one, that makes sense. Stopping level based skins, but restoring the possibility of players earning one, that could be possible. Removing from EVERYONE, just because of a few, that seems wrong.

I'm not saying we should make special skins available again. It would be nice, but ultimately has no impact on the gameplay. However, I am against removing special skins from those who EARNED them.
thats not why i think they should be removed

the gm team is already over worked

why should they have to spend one second giving anyone a special skin

very low priority and really deserves no time wasted on this issue anymore

i remember how many skin requests there were when we could get them and how many players at spawn harassed the gms constantly asking for skins

all this issue does is waste gm time

time that could be used facing more important tasks
Ryaca_1 is retired
hungry_wolf

Post by hungry_wolf »

Nahgus wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 pm
madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:40 pm Remove all special skins? Why? Those who received for contributions to the game, rather than simply for leveling to 1500, would lose simply because others are whining.
Are those players to be "punished" because of such? I can understand the frustrations of players wanting them, but not receiving them. I myself was refused a skin I had contributed (that was added to game, even), but I got over it. Mine was even added BEFORE the rule change on skins.
Changing the level required to request one, that makes sense. Stopping level based skins, but restoring the possibility of players earning one, that could be possible. Removing from EVERYONE, just because of a few, that seems wrong.

I'm not saying we should make special skins available again. It would be nice, but ultimately has no impact on the gameplay. However, I am against removing special skins from those who EARNED them.
thats not why i think they should be removed

i remember how many skin requests there were when we could get them and how many players at spawn harassed the gms constantly asking for skins

Well said
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I personally do not agree with this.There is no reason to take away special skins from players who have already received them.Most of them are those who play the game for about 3-5 years, no less and take away from them what they earned by fair labor playing every day increasing their level and someone created special skins on their own and they were introduced into the game and they received their own skin as a reward for helping to develop the game.

I only understand the problem that special skins take a lot of GM time.There were too many requests for a special skin in a week.And it is very easy to fix ... Make it possible to request a special skin of start 3000 level and subsequent changes every 1000 levels.And even if it is so often possible to raise the bar even higher, there is no problem...

But still, requests for special skins will no longer be available for those who just play and level up, this can be accepted.But the old players who have already received them and those who have created and will create skins which were released to the game have the right to keep him.I think this is the only right decision.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

it sure feels good to be back home right here where i belong
Ryaca_1 is retired
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

Mr_Maks wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:35 pm I personally do not agree with this.There is no reason to take away special skins from players who have already received them.Most of them are those who play the game for about 3-5 years, no less and take away from them what they earned by fair labor playing every day increasing their level and someone created special skins on their own and they were introduced into the game and they received their own skin as a reward for helping to develop the game.

I only understand the problem that special skins take a lot of GM time.There were too many requests for a special skin in a week.And it is very easy to fix ... Make it possible to request a special skin of start 3000 level and subsequent changes every 1000 levels.And even if it is so often possible to raise the bar even higher, there is no problem...

But still, requests for special skins will no longer be available for those who just play and level up, this can be accepted.But the old players who have already received them and those who have created and will create skins which were released to the game have the right to keep him.I think this is the only right decision.
the only right decision is to not burden the gms with something that no one needs to play the game

players dont need skins

special skins should only be purchaseable for $20

that way gms dont have to worry about it anymore
Ryaca_1 is retired
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Nahgus wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 pm thats not why i think they should be removed
I can agree with your points regarding skins as they pertain to future requests. Indeed, the GMs are overworked, and reinstating a way for players to get them would increase that workload. For that reason alone, I would have no problems if future special skins were suspended/nonexistent. I simply don't understand why players would need to lose them, if they already have them.
MadMikael wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 pm Why am I reading these ideas again, 6 months later?

Oh right.
Because it's still not public yet.

I'm just going to say, the decision is already done.
We're all waiting now.

P.S. don't you recall, that many special skins were removed, and yet not all of them?
I do recall that not all special skins were removed, but the point I was addressing was Nahgus saying that all special skins should be removed. As for the decision not being made public yet, I'm sure it will in time.
hungry_wolf wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm Ok. Who really earned among the players that have?
Seems who arrive first eat, others no.
Pls keep word 'whining' for abusers, here nobody is whining
As far as earning the special skins, I was referring to those who had content (skins/maps/quests) added to game, or translated game files, or made bug reports, etc. Those players contributed to making FT better. Why take their reward away now? As for "whining", I was referring to players who cried for skins after they were suspended, or when they didn't qualify for one under any rules. I did not mean the players in this thread contemplating calmly toward the future. I apologize if that was what it seemed like, as I'm only trying to preserve that which was deserved when given.

All in all, I am only seeking the simplest, fairest way to continue, without players being punished for actions not their own.
Omnes Autem Uri
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:44 pm
Nahgus wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 pm thats not why i think they should be removed
I can agree with your points regarding skins as they pertain to future requests. Indeed, the GMs are overworked, and reinstating a way for players to get them would increase that workload. For that reason alone, I would have no problems if future special skins were suspended/nonexistent. I simply don't understand why players would need to lose them, if they already have them.
MadMikael wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 pm Why am I reading these ideas again, 6 months later?

Oh right.
Because it's still not public yet.

I'm just going to say, the decision is already done.
We're all waiting now.

P.S. don't you recall, that many special skins were removed, and yet not all of them?
I do recall that not all special skins were removed, but the point I was addressing was Nahgus saying that all special skins should be removed. As for the decision not being made public yet, I'm sure it will in time.
hungry_wolf wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 pm Ok. Who really earned among the players that have?
Seems who arrive first eat, others no.
Pls keep word 'whining' for abusers, here nobody is whining
As far as earning the special skins, I was referring to those who had content (skins/maps/quests) added to game, or translated game files, or made bug reports, etc. Those players contributed to making FT better. Why take their reward away now? As for "whining", I was referring to players who cried for skins after they were suspended, or when they didn't qualify for one under any rules. I did not mean the players in this thread contemplating calmly toward the future. I apologize if that was what it seemed like, as I'm only trying to preserve that which was deserved when given.

All in all, I am only seeking the simplest, fairest way to continue, without players being punished for actions not their own.
i understand wat u mean mad

my original comment was just me trying to suggest a fair way to take them completely out of the game so players cant say so and so still has theirs

we both know that would happen if skins were suspended indefinitely

i am curious to see wat madmikael was talking about
Ryaca_1 is retired
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

My point was, that I originally suggested to remove all skins, and then have all those "legitimate" ones reapply.
That would end up being more work, which I can see we all agree that would not have been best.
So instead, many were removed, and not all - that was one of the decisions made on this issue.

Thing is... this discussion is rather pointless, this late in time.
All of these ideas were discussed months ago; decisions were made.
I wrote the announcement draft quite some time ago. Just waiting for the ok to publish it.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Nahgus. You're right that players will cry "so and so has one...". That is already happening. I've even had players block spawn to ask me how I got one on my swordsman lvl 107. Lol.

I'm gonna leave this issue alone. With MadMikael posting that something is already decided, I think once things are disclosed, we'll be better able to discuss this.

@MadMikael. I can't wait to see what's coming. Gonna be big, no matter what the decision was.
Omnes Autem Uri
MadMagus

Post by MadMagus »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:13 am Nahgus. You're right that players will cry "so and so has one...". That is already happening. I've even had players block spawn to ask me how I got one on my swordsman lvl 107. Lol.
This is exactly why I donned a special skin in the first place.
madmaniacal1 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:13 am I'm gonna leave this issue alone. With MadMikael posting that something is already decided, I think once things are disclosed, we'll be better able to discuss this.

@MadMikael. I can't wait to see what's coming. Gonna be big, no matter what the decision was.
And this is exactly why I took it off.
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground