shedding skin

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

hungry_wolf

Re: shedding skin

Post by hungry_wolf »

death911 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:57 pm Players have contributed in the past and players will keep contributing in the future..
So all players have equal rights..
First come and first serve ...doesn't work that way.
If players from past are going to keep their special skins, I am very well ok with it as long as players playing now or to play in future have a chance to get them.
If present or future players aren't going to get special skins then special skins from all accounts should be removed.
if present players are accepting the decision not to get skins and not complaining.
then what's the problem for the past players( who already have special skin) in accepting the decision?
afterall rules should be same for all.
anyways whatever decision the Staff would make i would gladly accept. i am happy that at least this issue is going to be solved.
you have my respect
Sword dislike sieging - hungrywolf
Dwarf dislike mining - tarvos
Archer dislike crafting - matcauthon
Ogre dislike fishing - heimdall
Mage dislike magic - ogonbat

Member of Ignobili of Ft

Duke of dead clan FTFR
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

I am sure those on the legal side of this are ensuring themselves that IF, special skins that were earned by some type of game assistance or leveling( as clearly noted in game manual 9.3 and addition 1 ) are taken away from the rightful owner, they would not be facing breaking their own rules. It could be portrayed as false advertising or services not rendered. There is no doubt that the following statememt under game rules , note 2 ,assures that a skin stays with the character:

Note 2 :: Purchasables of repeated abusers
Since a purchase is no "property", but a fee for the "electronic enhancement" of FT accounts, it is bound to that account, once activated:
as soon as a (level, skin, pet and any other) item is activated on a certain account, it is part of that account.

By reading note 2, at its face value alone, the skin may not be removed for any reason.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LIZARDKING wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 pm I am sure those on the legal side of this are ensuring themselves that IF, special skins that were earned by some type of game assistance or leveling( as clearly noted in game manual 9.3 and addition 1 ) are taken away from the rightful owner, they would not be facing breaking their own rules. It could be portrayed as false advertising or services not rendered. There is no doubt that the following statememt under game rules , note 2 ,assures that a skin stays with the character:

Note 2 :: Purchasables of repeated abusers
Since a purchase is no "property", but a fee for the "electronic enhancement" of FT accounts, it is bound to that account, once activated:
as soon as a (level, skin, pet and any other) item is activated on a certain account, it is part of that account.

By reading note 2, at its face value alone, the skin may not be removed for any reason.
I don't really care one way or another about the outcome of special skins, but I do respectfully disagree with this. The language, on its face, is regarding purchases, and one could distinguish that with a special skin that does not originate as a real money purchaseable irem. Also, there are allowances for taking away purchased levels and such for various punishments, so it is not an absolute entitlement to such an item.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
MadMikael

Post by MadMikael »

That is correct, in that this rule note is taken out of context.
It is directly under the heading of purchaseables, which special skins are not.
They are a special reward, better described here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15517

Since they are awarded by GM, they can also be removed by GM.

What this note is referring to, is that if you're jailed, and you have purchased items, you may very well lose them.
RETIRED [GM] - Game Master

Please contact GM Inbox for help if you need it.

⬇️ GM Inbox contact link ⬇️
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=9711
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

death911 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:57 pm Players have contributed in the past and players will keep contributing in the future..
So all players have equal rights..
First come and first serve ...doesn't work that way.
If players from past are going to keep their special skins, I am very well ok with it as long as players playing now or to play in future have a chance to get them.
If present or future players aren't going to get special skins then special skins from all accounts should be removed.
if present players are accepting the decision not to get skins and not complaining.
then what's the problem for the past players( who already have special skin) in accepting the decision?
afterall rules should be same for all.
anyways whatever decision the Staff would make i would gladly accept. i am happy that at least this issue is going to be solved.
i agree with u completely

great response
Ryaca_1 is retired
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

I understand and have nothing but respect for the rules. Not to argue or beat a dead horse. But, for those who purchased levels, to intentionally reach level 1500 ,to get the special skin probably feel like it was an" indirect" purchase. Im an old schooler and grinded for years to reach 1500 as opposed to purchasing levels. Maby I didnt contribute by translating a foreign language to recieve my special skin, but reaching that 1500 milestone was special.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

"Special Skins" are like Olympic medals.

If you were found to have been cheating, after the fact, they can be removed!

And I can see LIZARDKING'S point as well.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nahgus

Post by Nahgus »

all is ok

no reason for panic now

no one is losing skins

every1 go and be at peace
Ryaca_1 is retired
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

LostKnight wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:24 pm "Special Skins" are like Olympic medals.

If you were found to have been cheating, after the fact, they can be removed!

And I can see LIZARDKING'S point as well.
+1. Ban the cheaters not the skins.
witch

Post by witch »

Hi (^.^)/ im witch lv 1800 + , i just want to say i love my special skin , and i want to keep it forever if its possible , i earned this skin not because i reached lv 1500 , i can humbly say i got it because im a good player , im not saying im perfect cos perfect doesnt exist , theres more ppl out there that deserves a special skin too i mean good good players with good record , and if you think about it this could be a motivation for future generations of ft world members (^.^)/ "Be good boy follow the rules have a gold medal (in this case skin ) ,be a bad boy break the rules go to jail and never get a skin , bad record /you'll lost your oportunity to get special skin . ...I hope you dont remove all special skins . Some really deserve it ,and to be honest (yes acting like a crying baby ) if you remove my beautiful purply special dragon skin my heart is going to break , i know you dont care but i just wanted to say it 😁🙊🙈. I saw the ideas of selling special skin im sadly against that . And thinking about the "money" way , I know game needs money to keep improving ...so the more time ppl spend playing ft thinking to get a skin the more money they will spend buying other things (not need to sell special skins they wont be specials after all ) + they will be more careful fallowing the rules (less ppl breaking the rules less work for gms ) .... (^.^) .
Walking through the darkness, i shall not fear , the moon my light, my shadow is the only one that walks beside me and some stars guide my path .
SENIOR GM
NOW -> RETIRED GM
Useful Links:
- Forum Rules
- Game Rules