Rock paper scissors

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Rock paper scissors

Post by Leone »

When you choose your class , you also select a class you will do 10%(?) more damage against and then another that you will concede 10%(?) more damage.

Or these choices are pre-selected.

Just thinking about class imbalance.
SellSword

Re: Rock paper scissors

Post by SellSword »

I think with the existing imbalance as I understand it (no personal insights from PvP) the majority of players would choose to do more damage against mages. That seems to be the sense I get.

Having things pre-set would make sense, but I can imagine the complaining if that were implemented with existing characters. I suppose it could be optional as you could elect to stay "even," so to speak.

Other related ideas like elemental affinities could do something similar. Allow elemental gems to be connected to weapons and armor (just plates and robes probably) that have pre-set strengths and weaknesses. Maybe make them craftable and options to change with certain equipment. Could go with a level and use some of the various blacksmiths around the FT world.

Sorry, big tangent there!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Hmmm... Equippable elemental gems, with a bonus against one element and weak to another... New slot for it, rather than placing in current gear (to balance with game mechanics)... Elements given to monsters, but not bosses (for balance of grind)... PvP would have a whole new aspect to consider...
Many games have variants of this kind of idea. I like it.
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

I thought I'd seen it before. It's nice to see those names from back then:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7461&p=64398&hilit=Element#p64398

A good idea back then is still a good idea now. It would absolutely transform our game. What do we think?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OK, so that's what this is about. Scheech! Talk about a newbie... guess I still am.

I though your were talking about when you first create a character to play the game.

IE: My LostKnight - a swordsman. I knew nothing about affinities, and or other abilities. :lol:

But reading and liking where this is going or coming from in the case of Leone's link to an older post.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:30 am OK, so that's what this is about. Scheech! Talk about a newbie... guess I still am.

I though your were talking about when you first create a character to play the game.

IE: My LostKnight - a swordsman. I knew nothing about affinities, and or other abilities. :lol:

But reading and liking where this is going or coming from in the case of Leone's link to an older post.
Elements would basically be a different version of rock-paper-scissors when you get to the bottom of it. Something like earth, water, fire, air. (Expand as you want with dark, light, ice, etc...)

Maybe: earth > air > water > fire > earth... (or whatever)

Give yourself an elemental for weapon and separate for plate/robe and you could customize.

That's the general idea.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:46 am That's the general idea.
I like it!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.