2 new clan buildings

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: 2 new clan buildings

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Arashiko wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:50 am Of course one way is to make trunks, stones, tradable with shops, even planks, ingots, but make them expensive to buy.

But then again that basically means that billionaire players will be able to quickly (and for them, cheaply) build very strong buildings
A very good point, Arashiko. Since fish can be sold to a shop, why not ingots, ores, and trunks/planks (to blacksmith)? I'm not suggesting to be able to BUY them, only sell.

As for clan buildings producing them, or buying from a shop, I'm conflicted. While on one hand, it would make MY life so much easier, I'm afraid it would be too much for FT.
The clan buildings making them would have to be extremely limited as to how many they could hold.
As for buying materials, that's a bad idea entirely. Want to invade an enemy? Go buy materials to make a tower and sieges. Want to craft but trade skills stink? Go buy materials and craft several times faster than if you had to collect it yourself.
Selling materials to shops, however, would only make sense, in both a "role play" aspect (even a blacksmith needs materials), and a realism aspect (as some have tried to debate in the past). We already limit which shop buys which items (both good "RP" and "realistic"), so making materials sell to at least 1 shop would only require a bit of change to 2 files.
Omnes Autem Uri
Arashiko

Re: 2 new clan buildings

Post by Arashiko »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:47 pm
A very good point, Arashiko. Since fish can be sold to a shop, why not ingots, ores, and trunks/planks (to blacksmith)? I'm not suggesting to be able to BUY them, only sell.

Selling materials to shops, however, would only make sense, in both a "role play" aspect (even a blacksmith needs materials), and a realism aspect (as some have tried to debate in the past). We already limit which shop buys which items (both good "RP" and "realistic"), so making materials sell to at least 1 shop would only require a bit of change to 2 files.
I like your points and agree.
Blacksmith's shop and any other shop where one can craft (apart from witch's caravan )
Arashiko Senior GM (RETIRED )
Now playing again as Arozel.