Gears , playstyles and skilltree

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

generous11

Re: Gears , playstyles and skilltree

Post by generous11 »

archer *passive* have 5% chance to stun an enemy at PvP, and a 1% chance to deflect throwing knives/ axes/ fishes.
super arch "1227"
super axe "111"
generous11 "110"
super club "178"
super sord "84"

Clans: [SK], [ryo]
"Never say never!" :)
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

I should say that NICKPAN has rly great ideas for this game!good job nick!hipe skill trees will be added
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
_NICKPAN_

Skilltree

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

cotne7 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:57 pm I should say that NICKPAN has rly great ideas for this game!good job nick!hipe skill trees will be added
thanks!

It's hard to think Skills ideas, i will install again OV and take some ideas from there, since i don't know what skills ft can have on programming side.
But i will post soon some skills that will probably work. Of course we have to be careful on formulas , make them ballanced.
We also have to give players the opportunity to choose their own playstyle with different choices and make the skills enjoyable too.

skills must be;
-Possible
-Ballanced ( not OP on PvE and PvP )
-Good level requirement to use it
-With many playstyles
-Enjoyable

compbatant wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:56 pm Adding skill tree is good idea. I was thinking about it too. We have working code from Omega Vanitas :) Please prepare skills propositions for each class and we can discuss them. We need also level requirements for them.
I'm already preparing some skills. But working slowly on them, so they have the requirements i wrote before.
I'm just not sure about Mages, because they already have Spells. So i don't know if *active* skills will help.

Grahf wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:38 pm Before thinking of skill trees i would think time spent to finally put an end to how unbalanced classes are in pvp would be time spent more wisely in my opinion. Like giving dwarfs an actual useful skill in pvp but what am i saying classes balancing and skill trees will probably NEVER HAPPEN
The point of Skill Tree is to make classes more ballanced and fun to play.
LostKnight wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:45 pm Disagree...
...in the example for archers above, giving them more range might mean I can't even go to the other wall to be safe. (Think: Blood Mummies)
The point of my ideas was to show how Skills from skill tree can work. And about that skill, it might be abit more op. But for now, focus on the idea of skill tree. We will discuss the skills one by one in the future.
Boo
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Not knowing enough about this game, or games in general, I am watching this with great interest.

But for me, a Swordsman should always have range 2. Length of the arm and the sword, there are no "daggers" in the game. I cannot even attack a PvM on the other side of my pet with some swords.

And considering in RL with a "dagger", I could reach over my dog and stab stab stab, change that to a sword, or a two handed sword and my dog wouldn't even get a nibble in before he bit a dead or dieing "monster"

Bring all:
  • range 1 swords up to range 2
  • range 2 swords up to range 3, and
  • two handed swords: Range 4
I mean, an archer can shoot through walls and castle gates ... YEA! That's REAL!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:02 pm Bring all:
  • range 1 swords up to range 2
  • range 2 swords up to range 3, and
  • two handed swords: Range 4
I mean, an archer can shoot through walls and castle gates ... YEA! That's REAL!
Disagree about range 4 swords. Will be rediculous , it's a swordsman fighter not a spear man.
But, i agree for a Range 3 Two Handed sword ( you can't wear shield )
also, i believe all level 50+ swords should be range 2.
( that goes for all melee fighters, sword axe club )
Boo
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I'm sure that I'll get blasted for saying this, but wouldn't it be a good idea to allow players a permanent, no cost, non-PvP option? No need to state how this can happen, there are enough forum posts already. my reasoning is this: a comprehensive skill tree creates opportunities for all classes. why not have some skills which are ONLY available to players who choose PvP or only prefer to NOT engage in PvP?
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Humble_M wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:57 pm I'm sure that I'll get blasted for saying this, but wouldn't it be a good idea to allow players a permanent, no cost, non-PvP option? No need to state how this can happen, there are enough forum posts already. my reasoning is this: a comprehensive skill tree creates opportunities for all classes. why not have some skills which are ONLY available to players who choose PvP or only prefer to NOT engage in PvP?
PvP is in MMORPG , it's a big part of the game.
This post gave me an idea about skills that will aid on Escaping the battles tho.
Boo
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I like the concept of the idea but the question is whether it is necessary or not.Since on the characters of the warriors, 4 skill will be taken away by the ability getting stun and antifreez and potion acceleration that will only worsen it at the same time.Since it was with a level 140 swordsman ability.And I just want to quickly disassemble new abilities that can affect quite strongly on pvp

75% of the magical resist is more likely to hurt as before due to the above

adding +2 to the archer’s attack radius may not be a bad idea for a regular PVP, but on the situation in the clan map when you have a strong enough base and a conditional 10k + archer can easily kill you under your buildings

Damage from the dwarf’s mills may be imbalanced so that you do not need to use the defrost in order not to get too much damage, but it can be tested in the game.I would change the protection level 30 magic for critical hits approximately equal to double damage in order to be at least somewhat different.

Further, I would rather make such abilities to change passive ones:

Ogre lifesteal 5 i like but maybe % should chanhe after test

Mage 25% effect potions It seems to me a weak buff compared to the other classes, I can agree that the magician is so strong, but I would like to see something more interesting.

Once again, I like the concept idea, but only with passive abilities and I have already noticed one interesting:
Generous offered me an interesting idea for an archer namely 5% dodge stun and 1% chance to repel them
Last edited by Mr_Maks on Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

compbatant wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:56 pm Adding skill tree is good idea. I was thinking about it too. We have working code from Omega Vanitas :) Please prepare skills propositions for each class and we can discuss them. We need also level requirements for them.
I have a pretty basic question about the skill tree because I see two options being available for selecting skills.

Option 1: Everybody can reach the skills, but you decide which ones you want to equip/use. This would be "at level 50 you access the ___ skill" type of thing that has been suggested. Characters may learn 10 different skills total (or whatever number), and then the player needs to decide which ones would be equipped/used.

I think it would be nice that each class have the same maximum number of skills/spells/items usable at the same time. This could allow situations where higher level players who don't need potions could use some extra skills. If you don't PvP and don't need a(n) axe/fish/knife you could have an extra slot available for something else. Same thing for a player who doesn't want the option of using speed potions.

Option 2: This is what I think of as a "skill tree," because players need to put some thought into how they want to branch their skills. That is, you have choices to make as some skills may be given up to allow a player to receive other skills.

An easy example would be allowing a player to choose 5% strength or 5% armor, but you can only choose one of the options. Certain skills may be available on different paths, but some of the better/higher level skills might not be an option if you don't branch that direction with your choices.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
cello117

Post by cello117 »

if we have tree of skill have to add in the store a book of changes with the same value of a protection Pvp or something around 1b to avoid mess
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT