random stats for items

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

g.jibladze

random stats for items

Post by g.jibladze »

i think game will be more intresting if items will have random stats. example when im crafting any plate its will need to have random resists like 10-40% or something and dex arm str random too. example lvl 350 plate have max stats str 15 arm 350 dex 15 and spell resist 30%. if ill craft this item- i can get plates with different stats but max stats will be str 15 arm 350 dex 15 and spell resist 30%(in stats can be added some dmg resist too). i think with this stats low lvl players will have chance to have pvp with much higher lvl players and this will be interesting. players will have lower chance to craft max stats item but its will help players to be equal in pvp fights. example lvl 100 plate with max stats and lvl 150 plate with low stats will make each other almost equal and lvl 100 player will have chance to win pvp with 150 lvl players.
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400-600
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75
Leone

Re: random stats for items

Post by Leone »

I like this idea. Presumably, each item would need to be designed separately with a different item ID, so I suspect it will be a huge job.

I may be wrong here though!
g.jibladze

Post by g.jibladze »

i think its will not be so hard.its will need to change code with random engines. random engine helping to get random numbers between numbers(example between 15-350).idk however its working in C++ language. can't tell in java or in other languages :D .
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400-600
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

On a related note, any buy/sell transaction would be much more difficult because you wouldn't know what you're getting. It would be great if you could view items added to trades, basically having information pop up like when you check out items in your backpack or your/someone's gear. That's been suggested as a general suggestion before, but even more so if variable stat parameters were in place.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Interesting idea. Not sure if feasible, but I'd add the ability to "lock" 1 stat at max value. Gold cost should scale based on item level (higher level costs more). This is optional, of course.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

On a side note my experience has been a plus crafted item will sell for
the same value at a shop as a +0 item. If random stats were possible
I would like to see this change as well that better stats and or plus
can sell for a premium at a shop too not just as a sale to anther player.
Retired
compbatant
Site Admin

Post by compbatant »

Leone wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:14 pm I like this idea. Presumably, each item would need to be designed separately with a different item ID, so I suspect it will be a huge job.

I may be wrong here though!
Yes you are right each item would need different ID like this is with superior version of items. Idea is nice but basically not possible to do with current game engine.