Name and life

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Kyrosft

Name and life

Post by Kyrosft »

as well as now you can buy better skins, why not change your nick name for an equal or higher price. 1 once or 1 maximum every 6 months. no doubt I would buy at least 3. and it would be nice to add an ID number to each account that is visible to everyone (it could be just under the name) in the book of friends or clan.
h4t3rz

Re: Name and life

Post by h4t3rz »

I agree with the option to purchase a name change. I think the name ID should be kept just to staff for tracking name changes for rule abusers. When I used to play Evony you could buy name changes. Helped to keep game fresh because in a way you could start new without losing everything.

+1 name change
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
cello117

Post by cello117 »

I disagree due to the large number of misleaders, it would be good but this would help the bad guys more
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

cello117 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:53 pm I disagree due to the large number of misleaders, it would be good but this would help the bad guys more
I disagree with OP as well x100
Last edited by LostKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I like the idea, in principle, but think the change format should mirror how players purchase houses:

Players would need to send name change request to an Admin (method TBD). The request should include old name (screen print of player info is ideal) and new name. Once approved, Admin would email user link to process the purchase. Maybe each reset, a system message displays each hour for a few hours ("X name changes today. See Forum for full list") where "X" is the number processed (after payment) and where the Forum page is locked (only editable by Admins).

The exact details need to get ironed out, but that's the general idea.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I agree with the above concerns about allowing name changes. Suddenly well known scammer ABC changes his/her name to XYZ. It would make the scammer list obsolete (I know throwaway accounts do much the same thing), and one's reputation in the community whatever it might be could mean little. Also, if a name is changed someone else could possibly take the old name as its not in use and that would be more confusing. Friends and clanmates would/could also wonder who the "new person" is.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

It won't happen.

Why?

Happy reading!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14911&p=89352&hilit ... nge#p89353

Further reading is the date it was cancelled when we had a full complement of mods (now GMs). Note the Oct 2013 date:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1548&hilit=Name+request
blitzcraig

Post by blitzcraig »

yeah, it just makes it easier for cheaters to cheat and liars to lie - another example of bad players ruining things that could be good... I won't bother trying to make them feel guilty about it; they are simply bad people, and unlikely to feel badly about that :p
Beeware the Spiral Blitzbees...
⬜ 💣 🌏
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Surely, if it were done by an administrator or compbatant, he/they could refer to the list of known scammers and continue with the name change if they are not a known abuser?
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
Leone

Post by Leone »

It was a HUGE job back then. Don't take my word for it: read the number of posts and then think about the exasperation of a full team of GMs trying to keep up with them. It will be even bigger now as the game has grown. Factor in the issue of cheaters and there are your reasons.

Notice also that it was requested approx one year ago and the answer was an automatic no...I think there is a valid reason for this.