In game report button

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

NightBaby

In game report button

Post by NightBaby »

Is there a way this could be added? Like a --> [!] Or something?
When clicked it has a list of what rules might be broken and a spot that says "other _______"
Maybe something like:
1. Player is afk _____.
2. Player is spamming the chat, buildings, or other players.
3. Player is abusing a bug. (Please explain what has happened.)
4. Player is buying, selling, or trading an account.
5. This player has scammed me. (Explain the deal and what happened)
6. This player is harassing me. (Explain the situation.)
7. This player is impersonating a moderator.
8. This player has a bad nickname.
9. Other: __________

This was just a quick list that came to mind... Maybe something can be added like this to help the game out.
A link that takes you to a forum report page or something similar?
Does life really get better?
Leone

Re: In game report button

Post by Leone »

This sounds promising: good idea.

If the link took you to the forum report page, is this not the same as logging out and going on the forum?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I like it .... maybe if the "game" had a way to automatically email the report to the GM Inbox
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Also when you send in a report it could also fetch the /time and /pos for whoever would be reviewing the report and make their time easier investigating it. Also it would eliminate the need for the one sending the report having to take screenshots and then sending another message to GM inbox or wherever it needs to be sent too thus eliminating not much time but some time nonetheless as they wouldn't need to dig through the countless other PM they have received
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Leone wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 pm This sounds promising: good idea.

If the link took you to the forum report page, is this not the same as logging out and going on the forum?
I could see the convenience being helpful. Everyone on this thread so far is pretty knowledgeable of the forum, but there are multiple "how do I...?" questions that don't ever get properly completed. That with someone needing to set up an account (I know, it's painless to do so, but probably prevents some people from doing so) could be offputting for forum reports.

On the other hand, the convenience of an in-game report option could lead to spam reports. Yes, false reports may be punishable, but that also won't deter everyone.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 pm On the other hand, the convenience of an in-game report option could lead to spam reports. Yes, false reports may be punishable, but that also won't deter everyone.
True that! How about an "Instant jail for life for that account for first offence, second offence with an all: ALL accounts jailed for life and IP squashed!"

The way things are going I am all for Capital Punishment for any breaking of game rules.

If a GM says jump the second thing you do is ask, "Was that high enough?"

For too long the GM's have taken abuse from people stretching the limits and harassing and cheating honest players.
ENOUGH!
Have very clearly stated punishments for infractions and then give the GM's the power and "obligation" to ENFORCE THEM!

No more crying but I didn't know! Everyone must agree to the rules in order to log in, it is "their" responsibility to read and know what they are. If they don't, it's not my problem, I want to play with people that follow the rules, get rid of them that don't.
I am always AFK!
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

SellSword wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 pm
Leone wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 pm This sounds promising: good idea.

On the other hand, the convenience of an in-game report option could lead to spam reports. Yes, false reports may be punishable, but that also won't deter everyone.
What you say is true there will be spam reports if this was to be implemented or false reports by people but there would also be a lot of legitimate reports. Just to give an example as i am typing this out i had checked at the main page at the bottom to see who is currently on the forum, i do it often i don't know why but to say the least i check the forum often too lol but back to the topic at hand. When i did check there were 4 registered users online 2 of which were search engine bots the 3rd a registered user and the 4th myself meanwhile it had reported there was 167 people on the forum 163 of them "guest". Now some of these people may have a registered account and just wanted to browse the forum without logging in thats fine but how many of these people just simply don't have an account? That could potentially be people who could of reported a cheater and gotten him punished but they don't want to go through the hassle of making an account, then making a report and submitting it because that player didn't cause him grief or harm directly. If a report button was in the game it could make the process much easier as it could very well be done completely without leaving the game
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Grahf wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:49 pm
SellSword wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 pm On the other hand, the convenience of an in-game report option could lead to spam reports. Yes, false reports may be punishable, but that also won't deter everyone.
What you say is true there will be spam reports if this was to be implemented or false reports by people but there would also be a lot of legitimate reports.
That'd pretty much be the outcome in a nutshell right there.

I'm not opposed to the idea. I don't know if it's realistic to put into effect or review the reports with the currently understaffed GM team (hopefully some applications will be reviewed), but as a whole it could be helpful.

For false reports there could always be some jail, but possibly something similar to the outlaw tiers as well where false reports get the feature turned off for increasing lengths of time. There are always going to be honest mistakes though, so how that would be factored in would be a question.

After those "honest mistakes" are worked out though, then LK's idea of capital punishment for the character and the player's phone exploding and searing a mark of shame on them could go into effect. ;)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

My post got way off line with the OP. Which I agree with 100% if it could/would be implimented. Nice call Nightbaby.

However, I still think the "bad elements", for the sake of wording, in the game have had it far too easy for far too long.

It's time to drop the hammer and get back the control of the game.
I am always AFK!
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

I think its a promising idea. Im not even close to a programmer, but it sounds like it would be an easy enough feature to implement. And LK, Im with you, if proven guilty, that penalty should be severe. Heck, I think its abusive when I get 10 messages per day that read " giv moni 100mill pliss ". Anyway +1. Good thoughts guys.