Trade request blocking, and informations screen

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

MadMagus

Trade request blocking, and informations screen

Post by MadMagus »

I know I'm probably wasting my time here.... but I've always said an idea not shared is as good as one not had...

I propose a new command for trade filter that mirrors the chat filter
ex.
/tradefilter global resets the trade filter to normal, to allow all trade requests
/tradefilter friends only allows friends to send you trade requests
/tradefilter clan only allows clanmates to send you trade requests
/tradefilter disallows all trade requests

This would be something that would actually help the good players of FT enjoy the game and also set back the scammers quite a bit
(btw, scamming at start map is simply ridiculous... mostly players trying to abuse the known trade bug to scam for gold... this will work as a pacifier until that's fixed, at least)

And let's not forget about the under-used Informations screen in the handshake menu
I propose that the current chat filter setting be listed there (i.e. by default it would say global), and if this above command is added to the game, add it to the informations screen too please ;)
You called me strong, you called me weak
But still your secrets I will keep
You took for granted all the times I
Never let you down
You stumbled in and bumped your head, if
Not for me then you'd be dead
I picked you up and put you back
On solid ground
Leone

Re: Trade request blocking, and informations screen

Post by Leone »

Fantastic idea. I don't know how easy it will be to implement...not my forte. I avoid 0, 0 now (except when sent there- ha) for the very reasons you suggest.

I guess my one slight issue is that you can only be in one clan and you can only have so many players on your friends list. I *know* there are good players out there (in some cases, we've known each other for quite some time) who I happily trade with, but we just don't happen to be on the friends list. Your proposal (if I've read it right) would stop such transactions.

Nevertheless, that is perhaps a small price to pay? The current system - unfortunately- allows widespread scamming.

So in summary, good idea and gets my vote.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

Great idea!

I suggest modifying /tradefilter clan to include alliances. Also, I'd add one more filter:

/Tradefilter x (where x is minimum level to receive trade request). I wouldn't allow any level, maybe only options include 50, 500, 1000
This should eliminate some low level scammer alts
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

Another thought.

Why not merge tradefilter clan and tradefilter friends together to be called something like tradefilter trusted?

This removes the either/or disadvantage.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Something would be better than nothing. The current system is so broken and abused you can't even try to be nice and give gifts without people mistrusting you.

Absent any FT holiday event/caring I spent days gathering and crafting items that would be hard to get and tried to give them away for a little holiday cheer. I suppose my mistake was creating an alt (Xmas themed), but even saying I would give items for free resulted in me being called a scammer more than once. I tried, but best not to bother.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑↑ Me too ↑↑

90% of the actions were either "no response" or "Trade Cancelled"
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.