Hidden Treasure

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

WARBRINGER

Hidden Treasure

Post by WARBRINGER »

The title of this thread sums up my idea, really. But here it is: Every day, have a small red 'X' appear in a random location on the map which, when clicked on or even mined with a pickaxe, reveals a chest containing a random item or tool of any level, or a large amount of gold (As gold has decreased in value in recent years, I'd probably say 50m or so). Whoever finds the X first, gets the treasure ;)

Perhaps have an automated system message saying "Some pirates have lost their treasure! See if you can find it!", as well as one that reads "Someone has found the treasure. Better luck next time."
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
LostKnight

Re: Hidden Treasure

Post by LostKnight »

Interesting, I like it but why not 5 Xsx in line with the "Skull Keys" idea:

Level centric, and placed is areas where players of those levels can reach:

0-249
250-499
500-749
750-999
1000+

I don't see putting a red X for 0-249 in the Swamp lions cave where it's lvl 400 (I think) just to get in. ;)

Keep them available for 24 hours starting at random times, so all world time zones get a chance.
24 hours later if not found: gone until the next time in new random location.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Nice idea. It would add variety:)
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

A fun idea! A random x near my rock would be nice. :lol:
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OFF TOPIC
Gullander wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:39 pm A fun idea! A random x near my rock would be nice. :lol:
Or "on" my rock :D

We share, Mon, Wed and Fri my rock
Tue, Thur, and Sat your rock

... and Sunday some place else.

/OFF TOPIC
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Sunday would be inside of my house. You'd have to be able to check the inventory to see it, naturally! ;)

Really though, as far as awards go you could make them calculate by level I would think. There are quests that provide xp based on what a player needs to up a certain number of levels or percentage of levels, so that's already in the coding I would think.

Gold could probably scale based on your xp per level too. I don't know if something like a flat 30% of needed xp in the form of gold would work at the lower levels (yes, super high levels would essentially be capped as they are for xp) or if a sliding scale of sorts would work better, but it'd be the basic idea.

For items, maybe something along the lines of fishing where you can't go too far over your own level? Whether the same "non fishable" items would be excluded or not... hey, more details!

Definitely need to cap at a single prize per FT day or else people would be telling friends or just grabbing more with alts. You could probably even keep the prize in the "all levels" areas (i.e., no clan maps or maps requiring a certain level to access) because why not? Maybe a level 5 has the advantage over a level 5k some day while recovering the stolen sword for the kid in Ashdown and the next day it's on the fairy island...

Overall though, I like the concept!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

As always the sober words of SS seem perfect.

No alts would not work, the OP says: the first person to find the "X" gets the "loot" and it's gone.

So yea, could very well be level related, But keeping in mind a lvl 12 can't go where a level 1200 can go and a level 1200 is not going to want to spend a lot of time in a place where a level 12 is grinding.

Still the idea is intriguing.
Last edited by LostKnight on Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:28 am As always the sober words of SS see perfect.
Intriguing indeed, and I appreciate the assumption about my state of mind while sending this from the Purple Dragon Tavern! :D
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:29 am
LostKnight wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:28 am As always the sober words of SS seem perfect.
Intriguing indeed, and I appreciate the assumption about my state of mind while sending this from the Purple Dragon Tavern! :D
What can I say. {pulling up a chair}
Sarsaparilla please Johnny ... or are you Walker? I can never get you guys right.
I am always AFK!
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

So based on your feedback, we would have a level-based system where, if it is found by a level 120, the loot is different to that of if a level 5300 or level 12 player stumbled across it. I like it. :)

To solve the problem where lower level accounts can't go into higher level areas, or to stop people abusing this feature using alternate accounts, perhaps have every player have their very own little 'X' icon in a different area on the map, or even in a dungeon, in accordance with their character level, although that does sort of make it less hidden as it is bound to be in a specific area, or have it be as I initially said first-come first-serve in an entirely random area - yes, sometimes lower levels would suffer, but they also have a higher chance of finding it on a lower level map were it to spawn there.
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]