New Passive abilities,Reworked skills and balance magic resist

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Eternalz

Re: New Passive abilities,Reworked skills and balance magic resist

Post by Eternalz »

Leone wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am Absolutely agree with your assessment, Nightbaby.

Eternalz: what you call nit picking is based upon hours , days, months and years of playing this game and observing how what may seem minor alterations are in fact huge. As Nightbaby suggests, it is all in place as mages were far too powerful beforehand. But don't take my word for it: do some searching on the forum yourself to find the answers. If you do so, a good start point would be to go back to early (as in 2013) posts by blitzcraig and work your way through chronologically. He has had a huge input into this sort of thing over the years. It'll show you - and others who wish to do the same - how the game has evolved.
What I called nitpicking was people saying he wanted mages to receive a major buff, when that's not the case. The fact he couldn't kill a player 3000 levels lower than him doesn't make any sense, and in my opinion something should be done about that. Mages are obviously the best pvp class but if your fighting any class other than mage, the fight is going to be very long, and you might not even get the kill in the end. I'm sure you've seen or experienced the following scenario multiple times: Non-mage class attacks a mage, after 5 minutes of fighting, is about to die but runs to a safe zone.

^The fact that a mage can't punish someone attacking them isn't good. Now the idea gets in their head that they can continue to disturb this mage and not get punished for it, because they won't die. At this point all a mage can do against a non-mage is survive and make the attacker run away. This happens at lower levels too
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Eternalz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Leone wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am Absolutely agree with your assessment, Nightbaby.

Eternalz: what you call nit picking is based upon hours , days, months and years of playing this game and observing how what may seem minor alterations are in fact huge. As Nightbaby suggests, it is all in place as mages were far too powerful beforehand. But don't take my word for it: do some searching on the forum yourself to find the answers. If you do so, a good start point would be to go back to early (as in 2013) posts by blitzcraig and work your way through chronologically. He has had a huge input into this sort of thing over the years. It'll show you - and others who wish to do the same - how the game has evolved.
What I called nitpicking was people saying he wanted mages to receive a major buff, when that's not the case. The fact he couldn't kill a player 3000 levels lower than him doesn't make any sense, and in my opinion something should be done about that. Mages are obviously the best pvp class but if your fighting any class other than mage, the fight is going to be very long, and you might not even get the kill in the end. I'm sure you've seen or experienced the following scenario multiple times: Non-mage class attacks a mage, after 5 minutes of fighting, is about to die but runs to a safe zone.

^The fact that a mage can't punish someone attacking them isn't good. Now the idea gets in their head that they can continue to disturb this mage and not get punished for it, because they won't die. At this point all a mage can do against a non-mage is survive and make the attacker run away. This happens at lower levels too

Right when a mage can do the exact same thing without consequence either... its a 2 way street. Do you know how many times I've been attacked by a mage much much much lower then me in levels (like how does it make sense you can be killed by someone 1k or much more levels lower then you :roll: ) while I'm minding my own business and be litterally powerless to do anything about him on my own and have to run away to not die even harder to accomplish for archers (no speed pots. Freeze arrow? Most useless thing ever 99% of the time) so the only thing really helping non mage is the magic resistance. You were saying about 5 minutes of fighting then the non mage runs in my eyes i see that as the equivalent of a mage healing themselves non stop basically nullifying all damage received while dealing reduced damage but still dealing damage to the non mage... hmmm
Eternalz

Post by Eternalz »

Grahf wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:49 pm
Eternalz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:02 pm

Right when a mage can do the exact same thing without consequence either... its a 2 way street. Do you know how many times I've been attacked by a mage much much much lower then me in levels (like how does it make sense you can be killed by someone 1k or much more levels lower then you :roll: ) while I'm minding my own business and be litterally powerless to do anything about him on my own and have to run away to not die even harder to accomplish for archers (no speed pots. Freeze arrow? Most useless thing ever 99% of the time) so the only thing really helping non mage is the magic resistance. You were saying about 5 minutes of fighting then the non mage runs in my eyes i see that as the equivalent of a mage healing themselves non stop basically nullifying all damage received while dealing reduced damage but still dealing damage to the non mage... hmmm
If that's the case then yes, some balancing should happen for both sides :) It should be easier for us to secure a kill against someone with a huge level gap compared to us.

"You were saying about 5 minutes of fighting then the non mage runs in my eyes i see that as the equivalent of a mage healing themselves non stop basically nullifying all damage received while dealing reduced damage but still dealing damage to the non mage... hmmm"

Everyone loves to continue to point out that the mage can spam. Yes, we get it. That has nothing to do with what I said though. I said it should be easier to secure a kill against a lower level. Yes, you may get attacked by a lower level mage, but in my example I was talking about how at lower levels non-mage classes are able to deal a lot of damage to mages, and mages can't really do anything back because low mana. You said you get attacked by lower lvl mages and can't do much right? That's exactly why it should be easier to secure a kill.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Ok, I'll preface this by saying I don't participate in PvP, which had been stated a few times before. That being said, isn't this becoming a circular argument now?

We have a complaint that a mage can't kill a lower level non-mage, and the argument is that it should be easier to kill the lower-level non-mage. Without getting into an agree/disagree here, the "higher level should beat lower level" argument has some logic to it.

Then we have a non-mage complaint that he can be killed by a lower-level mage. Same as above, the "higher level should be able to withstand attacks by lower levels" argument makes sense.

But if that non-mage is strengthened to withstand the lower-level mage, doesn't that make it even harder for the stronger mage to beat him? It seems to me that is arguing both sides.

I'll let everyone continue the debate as I don't really have any experience in the matter.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

1968 Blood, Sweat and Tears: Spinning Wheel ... that what I thought earlier today.

Discussion going nowhere ... or in circles.
Bye bye...
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Eternalz

Post by Eternalz »

Why did two people come here just to say the discussion is going nowhere. Unless your a forum moderator it's pointless. I agreed with Gaft( person above me, forgot his name) so yeah the discussion ended right there. No need to point out that a dead discussion is dead, you're only bumping it up for nothing.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I'm "bumping it up" by replying about an hour and a half after the latest message? We are all entitled to our opinions, and we are all able to express them here as well.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Shawn

Post by Shawn »

Well I'll put my 2 cents in by saying, I'm a 3100 mage I can see why people say mages are op, I can survive against people multiple levels higher than me pretty easily, but I can attack a level 1500 with full armor stats and if they have seiges and I am unable to hit them with my staff then I can spam any skill I want green or yellow and I deal no damage. I'm not saying anything needs to be buffed or not just that it's slightly annoying sometimes 😂
Omg8>>mage>>5040
Sniper97>>archer>>131
Death chil>>dwarf>>125
Im-bored>>sword>>110
I-mine>>dwarf>>316
LIZARDKING

Post by LIZARDKING »

Crybabies