New Passive abilities,Reworked skills and balance magic resist

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Re: New Passive abilities,Reworked skills and balance magic resist

Post by Leone »

I was struck by your comment that you have been playing for five years. Me too - coming up to 6 years around May or June this year (I can never remember exactly).

With this in mind, you will probably remember this:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1595&p=16851&hilit= ... nce#p16851

Read the comment by blitz about the archer level 30 skill. At the time it was classed as too powerful.

It certainly was! Archers were virtually unstoppable in PvP simply because most other classes couldn't get near them to attack them.

That seems incredible now as after the introduction of unfreeze and, to a certain extent, speed potions the archer level 30 skill is redundant.

Arguably now, the archer is the all round weakest player. My proposal is to therefore remove unfreeze potions from the game.

Not really.

Why?

Because although this removal would definitely be a fantastic move for those of us who play archers, it would not benefit the game as a whole.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Maks, there is no reason to be rude... You posted in the "Suggestions and New Ideas" part of forum. This part of forum requires many views and opinions...
In order for something in game to be changed, the creator and many others will have to voice their opinions. If it's a good idea, some will still be on the other side to argue it. That's just how it works
I see no personal attacks against you, or mages in general. I only see opinions on your suggestion, not everyone will agree with it!
It's a good thing to politely debate a topic, but if it's taken too far it won't end well...
Does life really get better?
Grahf

Post by Grahf »

Mr_Maks wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:32 am
Grahf wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:09 am "You know who you are"???
Im the one who has been actively playing for 5 years and if you doubt my clicks, I can give you a lot of 4 video where I am practically alone against much and live this is called a skill.Many people have been playing less than 2 years and already 4000+ and you blame me ?!
Not dare defame my name you still grow and grow to me
Eh not pointing the finger at you what i was saying there is a general thing pointed to all the people who use auto clickers and know they are using it, know they are breaking the rules and know that its wrong what they're doing. What i said there was to the people who are cheating and using these programs and never was directed towards you unless the above applies to you

Believe me on this people who have used these programs (again not blaming you this is just general i have seen your videos of you catching people auto clicking to level while they're afk) to gain thousands of levels over a very short period of time which i don't like them either... you're not the only one who dislikes them

I never once solely pointed any statement directly to you in that post
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

I apologize to everyone who offended on me.

I am very emotional because of what is happening in my life now and I take each message too seriously.Because of this, for now I stop commenting on this thread.

From time to time, if I have ideas, I will publish them, but without any support I’m a little bit hard, I’m even thinking to stop making posts and just send ideas to the creator.

Just to be honest, I thought that such changes should appeal to most people especially the improved dwarf.

Good luck to all, you can comment on this post further but without me.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Mr_Maks wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:06 pm I’m even thinking to stop making posts and just send ideas to the creator.

It would be a shame if you did that.

Your general concept about passive abilities shows promise.

Ideas in our heads belong to us individually. When placed on the forum, they will be debated with arguments for or against. That's part of the process.

Any idea published is a good idea - even those that other players dislike. At least they show the depth of players' opinions, which can only be a good thing in my opinion.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Don't forget that compbatant also mentioned the idea of skill trees was something he had thought about, but not many actual suggestions on that.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

An idea not discussed is a dead idea
before it is even given a chance to live!

And brainstorming ¹ has the ability of melding weak good ideas into something stronger and weeding out the bad ideas.

@ Mr_Maks don't stop. You are creating a brainstorm here. If people do not agree with you, it is not personal, it's simply what "they think", let your ideas grow and meld into something a majority might like a lot more.

I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Eternalz

Post by Eternalz »

He has a fair point, and tbh a lot of you are nitpicking. He didn't ask for a huge buff or anything to the mage. He pointed out how long it took for a mage to kill a swordsman, despite being 3000 levels higher. That, in addition to the fact that he couldn't finish him off because no stun spell. If a mage wants to get the kill he's going to need a partner who can stun the target. Yes, mages can spam, but honestly that only means that they will be able to protect themselves and be difficult to kill. As a mage, whenever I am attacked, my opponent does a lot of damage to me and my attacks do very little. I find myself clicking the heal button most of the time. Once they finally get to low health they run away and there is little I can do to finish them off. It's quite frustrating. Also guys who are 50 levels lower than me (I'm not really high level yet) do a lot of damage to me. I'd imagine guys who are a couple thousand levels lower than OP (the poster of this topic) are also able to do a lot of damage to him.

My suggestion: Honestly it would be nice if there was an easier way for mages to secure a kill. We do all that spamming and clicking just for our opponent to run away. If we could get an easier way to secure a kill, then that would make everything better. I wouldn't mind fighting for a couple minutes as long as I could get a kill in the end.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

Not gonna quote a super long post...
Anyway, we are all entitled to our own views and opinions, especially when its in the "Suggestions" part of forum.
A high level mage has practically infinite mana and can heal/damage til it runs out. They do more damage than the other classes and can just sit and heal while doing so... Melee have more hp than ranged classes, so yes it would take longer to kill one (even with a level difference)
Resistance is in the game for a reason-->> to help balance mage damage...
Does life really get better?
Leone

Post by Leone »

Absolutely agree with your assessment, Nightbaby.

Eternalz: what you call nit picking is based upon hours , days, months and years of playing this game and observing how what may seem minor alterations are in fact huge. As Nightbaby suggests, it is all in place as mages were far too powerful beforehand. But don't take my word for it: do some searching on the forum yourself to find the answers. If you do so, a good start point would be to go back to early (as in 2013) posts by blitzcraig and work your way through chronologically. He has had a huge input into this sort of thing over the years. It'll show you - and others who wish to do the same - how the game has evolved.