Discord Server

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Eternalz

Discord Server

Post by Eternalz »

Hi all. I suggest we create a FT discord server. It could be ran by a staff member. I'll explain my reasons why, and I'll also explain some of the neat features of discord for those who won't know about it.

FT lacks a place where you can chat with others and get quick responses. Yes, we have a forum, but there are lots of simple questions that can be answered quickly ingame. However, these questions often do not get answered when asked ingame due to language barriers, people afking, and more. So instead you have to post on the forum and wait a bit until you get a response. Now ofcourse we have no way of knowing how fast you'd get a response if we had an FT discord and you asked a question there, but I'd bet it'd be pretty quick. Most people play this game on mobile, so they'd probably keep the discord mobile app too.

I know a lot of people use fb messenger and some other apps, but the whole community is not on one type of messenger. People use these messaging apps to talk to their close friends. There is no server for the community. Discord is great because it is easy to make an account, you don't have to show any personal info to others, and it has a very clean and organized interface, these are all an edge it has over fb messenger.

The server would be a great place to discuss trade, ask questions, team up, discuss drama (lol), general discussion and more. Discord servers can be organized into channels. We could have channels like #general #trade #teamup #help and more.

The only problem is languages. Do we create one server and different channels for languages? Or a server for English and a server for another popular language? Cramming all the languages into one server would be kinda messy, even if we divide them by channel.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because it would be nice to see a place where you can just instantly interact with other members of the FT community. The chat at the bottom of the forums is pretty inactive and boring. I'm sure many would be attracted to come and chat if there was a discord server. Once again, I know we have a forums, but it's not an instant messenger where you can just talk. Also, for those thinking that the discord might lead to reduced activity on the forum, it won't. When people want to post a paragraph about something, I'm sureally they'd come and post it here, where it will stay. Rather than posting it in the discord, where other people's messages will drown it.

Some other cool features. Discord has roles for members of the server. The admin can select and assign these roles. GMs can get the GM role. We could also assign roles based on clans. So when you click on someone's name to see more info, you can see what clan they are a part of. We could also create roles based on level groups (100+, 300, 500-600) etc etc. The ideas are endless!

Oh yeah I forgot to menation you can also add bots to discord. Someone who is good with that kind of stuff could make a wiki bot. (You use a command to get details on a mob from the bot. For example, !crazedlion would bring up a picture of the crazed lions stats and xp. You can also use commands to get info on items). An xp calculator bot. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think.
Eternalz

Re: Discord Server

Post by Eternalz »

Regarding discords safety, it's good.

You can change server settings so that someone has to wait 10 min before they can message.

You can mess around with the roles and make it so that the person who joined does not have any access to any of the channels. This way, you can verify this person before giving them access to all the main channels. This is a great way to prevent spam.

You can change the server settings so that members of the server cannot direct message each other. I wouldn't do this though, but once again im just showing some safety features.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Huge +1

I tried contact Combatant to create an Official Discord Server. Didn't get respone, I will create one this week, very organized, even tho its unofficial. GMs that might join will have a higher role. I don't have to explain what Discord is, you did already very well.

I am a professional Discord Servers manager, worked on some Servers ( partnered servers with 5k + ppl )
And I already have ideas for a FT Discord server.
So with community ideas, and a good moderation. We will have a great server.

Also, a mention. FT is coming to PC. So whats better than a Discord Server?
Boo
Eternalz

Post by Eternalz »

_NICKPAN_ wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:48 pm Huge +1

I tried contact Combatant to create an Official Discord Server. Didn't get respone, I will create one this week, very organized, even tho its unofficial. GMs that might join will have a higher role. I don't have to explain what Discord is, you did already very well.

I am a professional Discord Servers manager, worked on some Servers ( partnered servers with 5k + ppl )

Thanks! I didn't hear about the pc news, was it said when the game is coming to pc?
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Eternalz wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:26 pm
_NICKPAN_ wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:48 pm Huge +1

Thanks! I didn't hear about the pc news, was it said when the game is coming to pc?
Probably, with the new Version. It will be possible for PC official game. You can find more info on new versions topic
Boo
Sweetmcpwnsauce

Post by Sweetmcpwnsauce »

@_NICKPAN_
So did you end up making that discord server? Im a returning player been readin a bunch on the forum and now im done for the day. Going to just play :} but id love to get this discord info from ya, ifyou did actually start it.
Revolark - 282 Dwarf
TheoIII - 60 Dwarf
redmist - 72 Sword
Stian - 600+Archer
Tealbart - 32 Ogre
Zald - 66 Mage
zilolo

Post by zilolo »

+ 1

I'd love to see a discord server. Not only will it improve the communication method but will be sure to attract more players.
Just a young kiwi learning the way...

ps; I can speak either chinese or english don't hesitate to pm me if you need help translating something