Speed Boots +2

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Speed Boots +2

Post by SellSword »

When we start the game we can get a pair of speed boots with no stats other than a +1 to speed. All of the other boots from then out are +1 to speed as well.

What about a higher end pair of speed boots? Something like level 1k needed and no stats other than +2 for speed? The idea is no benefit to a player beyond speed, and you could even argue there could be a detrimental to something at the expense of speed to sort of "balance out" the tradeoff.

Unless there is something else in the works it isn't until level 2k that one could get an additional +1 to speed with the legs.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Re: Speed Boots +2

Post by LostKnight »

I'm not in the area of having being able to use 1k+2 boots so I'll sit back and watch the results.
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

SellSword wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:08 am

Unless there is something else in the works it isn't until level 2k that one could get an additional +1 to speed with the legs.
I like the idea and think the concept is great. Whether they just be enhanced boots of speed or with some other bonus, well that's a great discussion to be had.

I've quoted that above as it's not strictly true. Melee characters of any level can use the speed potions at will to move around faster but to also help with PvP. I would also like ranged characters to be able to use these potions.

Good idea though. Gets my vote.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

True about the speed potions. I know those being for "all classes" has been brought up before, and as with many things the pvp implications come up. You know my expertise on that topic, so I'll just let it speak for itself... ;)

I'm all for players grinding, enjoying the journey, putting in the time, and so forth. That's the reason some sort of minimum level would be appropriate in my opinion. Maybe it's not 1k but 500, or 750, or... Maybe they are "magic speed boots" at level 500, you need access to the hgm resources room, and you need a boatload of magic gems crafted...

Many options.
g.jibladze

Post by g.jibladze »

i like this idea because high lvl players killing low lvl s easy because of speed and low lvl s have not any chance to run from them. i think everyone need to have same speed to have same chance to survive. swordmans dwarfs and ogres can also run from pvp anytime but if mage and archer will stuck havent any chance to run from them .
g-jibladze mage lvl 5400-600
IronHulk dwarf lvl 620
GIO1 sword lvl 136
GIO2 mage lvl 50
GIO3 ogre lvl 75
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

You add boots+2 to legs+1 (level 2k) and OOPS!

If everyone has speed+2 boots it nullifies running from PvP. Also if under attack one cannot cross a map line.

Which in my mind is totally "unfair" to unclanned players that do not want to PvP.

So we are stuck with the "pray he can't kill me in 11 seconds" bit!

YEA! YEA! I KNOW IT'S A PVP GAME: JOIN A CLAN!

Exactly what Jaya Tci said, through his alt Jaya Tci9(4), when he told LostKnight last night at Map 0.0
Jaya Tci9 wrote:lostknight you have to join a clan, I can't I kill you!
OK where's the dotted line...

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
······························
I was always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

g.jibladze wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:40 pm i like this idea because high lvl players killing low lvl s easy because of speed and low lvl s have not any chance to run from them. i think everyone need to have same speed to have same chance to survive. swordmans dwarfs and ogres can also run from pvp anytime but if mage and archer will stuck havent any chance to run from them .
If 2k + players wear the boots then they will be +3 speed.

No benefit.

But I agree with your comment. Mage and for me particularly archer at a big disadvantage at the minute.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The general idea isn't that this would give any class an advantage over another (yeah, it definitely would in some situations), but just allow players to move faster. We could give everyone (including mobs) a +1 speed so there is no advantage to anyone at all, but you can just do things faster.

I'm not quitting the game here or anything like that, but it's pretty dull at times just walking between places...
cello117

Post by cello117 »

We need mount whit speed +0,25/0,50/0,75/1 lol

Will be insane :shock: all game have mount we need too!
Cello 2,4k

MarBow

KoT
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

cello117 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:01 pm We need mount whit speed +0,25/0,50/0,75/1 lol

Will be insane :shock: all game have mount we need too!
Yes, agreed, meet:
→ LK's Ride: Show
And he's hungry!
LKs_Ride.jpg
I was always AFK!