Refillable pets

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Refillable pets

Post by terminator »

I understand that pets die because people would abuse that if they didn't, they could non stop grind without caring about their HP, abusing the game. My idea is to have a refill pet option that operates forever, but has a 2 Day Cool Down between each death, such as Clan Cool down. This could be implemented into normal pet option or added like a premium pet option.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Re: Refillable pets

Post by LostKnight »

As a person that "must" use game gold to purchase a pet ==>> I love this idea.
And I can see where people that are on a "limited budget" would as well.

BUT

As a reasonable and responsible person (stop that chuckling and outright laughter in the background) I have to say I don't think that it will happen.

Compbatant is making money by selling pets, making immortal pets would not be in his best interest.

In my interest yes, in his no.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

We all just mentally added "sort of" to the "reasonable" comment, and with a straight face too! ;)

I do agree though that this could be a pretty big chunk of income taken away if pets were more or less "forever" items. Along those lines you could consider some sort of cheaper "renewal" option so people could get their pets back for cheaper possibly.

Aside from money this could create some issues where players want to replace dead pets right away, want to kill their pets and get a different kind, or have a house with multiple pets and want to swap out one set for another.

Interesting concept, but I just see potential issues.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
terminator

Post by terminator »

I see your point, perhaps a pet bundle would make more sense? You know how buying 10 lvls is just the cost of 9 lvls? Something similar with pets, you bought 6 pets at cost of 4 pets etc.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

terminator wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:21 pm I see your point, perhaps a pet bundle would make more sense? You know how buying 10 lvls is just the cost of 9 lvls? Something similar with pets, you bought 6 pets at cost of 4 pets etc.
With game gold I could NOT afford a 6 for 4 pet package.
But I can see it happening ... "maybe" ... someday, do not think the R$ buyers would pass on the savings to game gold buyers though, considering what I just saw at Map 0.0:
Sell pet 6b
Scary part is there are new people that will buy at that rate.
Very quickly Red Jello wrote:Pets sell for 2b
KUDOS RED!

... and I thought "shyster" of people I saw selling for 3 to 3.5b
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Assuming some sort of "bulk pet" discount it'd likely be more like one free or "5 for the price of 4.5," give or take. Still, it's the concept.

As far as the gold price of real money purchases goes, I've noticed the market has trended upwards of late. As much as I appreciate Red Jello saying they cost 2b I don't think that's the basic rate now. It doesn't help when you see multiple people saying they will buy at 4b as that is frequent enough it will not let the market go back down to 2b.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:51 am Assuming some sort of "bulk pet" discount it'd likely be more like one free or "5 for the price of 4.5," give or take. Still, it's the concept.

As far as the gold price of real money purchases goes, I've noticed the market has trended upwards of late. As much as I appreciate Red Jello saying they cost 2b I don't think that's the basic rate now. It doesn't help when you see multiple people saying they will buy at 4b as that is frequent enough it will not let the market go back down to 2b.
Personally: I think it's a group of people trying to push the price up.
Why would someone say they will buy at 3b when others are selling at 2b
But that's all another topic.

Back on topic

I can see where X for Y is an interesting idea and just might work.

But X and Y will be what comp says it is IF he's game.
I am always AFK!