Report Player Button

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

terminator

Report Player Button

Post by terminator »

It would be interesting to see a report player option. I understand this could completely stress out mods, so here would be to help them out. Each player can only report once per week, and if in 3 different reports no reason of reporting was found, their reporting ability will be disababled and repeated abuse leads to all accounts not being able to report. The report option has a few several things such as AFK, Auto Clicker, Bad language, etc. When clicked this can bring up the game rules in check boxes and the player can fill out the form INGAME. Such things like auto clicker and AFK would have GM's immideatly notified. Any abuse of immidiate notification of gm could lead to jail etc other punishments. This could allow all to be watch dogs, and dramatic decrease in crime, with increase in police efficiency. To make things even more credible, each validated report gives a player +1 xp, which can be found in the trade skills. Each new level of the report trade is considered more credible, and higher priority. A future update could also include suggestions for the game etc, so no player has to use the forum for INGAME issues. This button could be found on the player such as a friend request, or built in as a separate tab like clan, trade skills etc. Also another thought, the immidiate notify could be a privilege earned at lvl x watchdog skill

Have a suggestion to improve this idea, or completely introduce a new idea? Post below!:)
Last edited by terminator on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
SellSword

Re: Report Player Button

Post by SellSword »

Those who are in clans or oft find themselves PvP targets could find themselves essentially standing around as an easy target. And if this would allow for some sort of immunity I'm sure many people would start and never finish to abuse the protection.

As a general idea though, I think it's nice. I know it came up once before and I don't think it really went that far. One potential issue for punishing false reports though is that calling a report true/false may depend on the response time. Still, some sort of function that logs the player name, time, and location would be a start.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Interesting idea, BUT;

I think it would be a nightmare to program ( Compbatant ) as you'd need:
  1. screenshots in some cases - therefore all cases with /info included, and
  2. then have the keyboard pop up to "include text", and
  3. then send an email with attachments; the text and screenshot
Now consider all this is happening while you are involved in some ingame activity like PvP or PvM that just might be the cause of your death as you would have to leave the game to create and send the email - the 11 second pause.

EDIT: Ninja's by SellSword
- and I didn't even touch on the abuse issues
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
terminator

Post by terminator »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:10 am
Now consider all this is happening while you are involved in some ingame activity like PvP or PvM that just might be the cause of your death as you would have to leave the game to create and send the email - the 11 second pause.
My thoughts on possible fixing this issue, is creating a new player status, such as watchdog status, a normal player would apply to be through the forum (Or anonymously) and granted this right to report INGAME etc. I feel like some report system besides forum should be added, and all suggestions greatly accepted to help implement this, even if it completely is different from original idea. (Got an idea? Post below on your method of doing it)

Thoughts from this post edited towards original post
Last edited by terminator on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

:-O
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I am always AFK!
terminator

Post by terminator »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:51 am Watchmen exist and here
Huh didn't know that! Interesting, is this still actually active though? The fact I never heard of em makes me feel like they went jnactive, or perhaps I just miss allot of things from time to time :D I guess that makes me fall back on to idea #1
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

terminator wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:53 am
LostKnight wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:51 am Watchmen exist and here
Huh didn't know that! Interesting, is this still actually active though? The fact I never heard of em makes me feel like they went jnactive, or perhaps I just miss allot of things from time to time :D I guess that makes me fall back on to idea #1
I'm guessing inactive. Would like to see them going again though. They are a secret society. ;)

And lets not forget, now we have "roaming" GM's which is awesome and people are seeing them everywhere. I have seen them quite frequently.

Hmmmmmmmmm am I on a "Watch List?"
I am always AFK!
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

As it is, anyone can be a watchman of sorts. It doesn't necessarily have to be the start towards a GM position, and you don't need a title to do it. If someone had an official position maybe they could maybe have a message option like /gm or something and could send a message to all GMs that way.

Watchmen can either announce they are a watchman or keep it a secret, so it's hard to say if they are active or not.

LK? :shock: Nobody is watching you! :shock:
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Watchmen still exist...