Afk check pop-up

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Afk check pop-up

Post by SellSword »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 pm Since there is a 5 minute cutoff now for "inactivity" make the time slightly longer.

A box that says AFK? that pops up at random times...
This is probably splitting hairs, but the big issue as I see it is that the human player may be "AFK," but the character in the game is not. The characters to be caught are ones that are autoclicking, and since they will be constantly registering activity the 5-minute timer to log a character shouldn't apply?

If a character is healing itself every 10 seconds like autoclicking clockwork (or whatever other action like attacking or skills) this pop-up would need to happen in the middle of activity, not while sitting still.

[Some intervening posts while typing]
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:42 pm
LostKnight wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 pm Since there is a 5 minute cutoff now for "inactivity" make the time slightly longer.

A box that says AFK? that pops up at random times...
This is probably splitting hairs, but the big issue as I see it is that the human player may be "AFK," but the character in the game is not. The characters to be caught are ones that are autoclicking, and since they will be constantly registering activity the 5-minute timer to log a character shouldn't apply?

If a character is healing itself every 10 seconds like autoclicking clockwork (or whatever other action like attacking or skills) this pop-up would need to happen in the middle of activity, not while sitting still.

[Some intervening posts while typing]
I like the general idea of an AFK pop-up every so often (at random intervals). Any active player will click it pretty fast to continue whatever they are doing. Can the pop-up appear on random parts of the screen, to prevent an autoclicker from just tapping there on a timer? It could supercede all menus (no friend list or backpack excuses) and automatically red-flag an acct that doesn't click it.
This (if possible) could eliminate probably 90%+ of autoclicker users. Just my $0.02...
Omnes Autem Uri
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

This will not only eliminate auto-clickers, but will also enable high-level players to play normally again because now it’s impossible.
I hope old spawns will be as soon as possible because now I just feel sad when I try to get drop what I need, with my mage 8500...My spawn disappeared after a few minutes it's just not funny...