Bounty hunting

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

TangledSwerve

Bounty hunting

Post by TangledSwerve »

This could be an interesting feature, I think:

Players are able to place a bounty on a playet for which they pay for at a bounty hunter NPC. The provision being that they were the person attacked. The deposited payment depending on the lvl of the desired target. (i.e 1-10 2500gp 10-50 10,000gp, 50-100 25,000gp, etc)

Could have a top ten bounty hunter ranking board that is displayed in public & such. My thought being that this could lead to other things (such as a weekly reward for number 1 ranking) and so on.

How doable this is, for FT, I don't know. But it's a feature incorporated in the popular MMORPG I used to dev for & it was actually very popular. It would make for a new dimension to PvP here also, I think.
SellSword

Re: Bounty hunting

Post by SellSword »

It's interesting, but I wonder how it'd work with the regular PvP system. Could a 2k character go and kill a level 100 character that they otherwise couldn't? If so, setting a bounty would almost be like assigning an outlaw status to someone in a way.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
TangledSwerve

Re: Bounty hunting

Post by TangledSwerve »

I imagine setting an acceptable level limit there isn't out of bounds, either. I imagine it would require a degree of balancing before it worked well, though.