Real $$ Pet Storage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Real $$ Pet Storage

Post by LostKnight »

I have an idea I'd like to toss out there.
Real $$ Pet Storage

The ability to buy (game gold) a 2 storage slot package, not 1, not 3 or more just 2 storage slots, per character, at the Mage/Pet Shop (Map 0.-1)
  1. very similar to the 20 spaces at the Tavern.
  2. suggested price: 2m
  3. a one time purchase, and
  4. only good for "RL $" pets
    • Shop Pets -> you'd have to kill off and re-buy as needed
This allows players to have RL$ Pets, and have a place to put them when/if they want to do quests that are too dangerous for their pets or to "test" new areas solo as they level up.

Consider this:

Not all players can afford to buy things, or have credit cards, so they buy "RL $" pets from other players for game gold, because;
  • they are under age,
  • personal bankruptcy,
  • by choice (me - no credit card),
  • live in countries that Google does not accept the currency (me - even if I had a credit card),
  • or for whatever other reason
Also there are players that have houses, and a few alts with RL$ they bought cannot store them anywhere.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Re: Real $$ Pet Storage

Post by Leone »

I'll start by saying I'm in favour of this, but would like to make a couple of points:

1. Would it discourage players from buying houses? Probably not tbh as there are other benefits, but it's worth discussing.

2. Two million gold seems very cheap to me. I think the price would need to be much higher, given the comparable price to continue quests for example. I'd say something around the 1B mark, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Nevertheless- a good idea for discussion and hopeful implementation.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Why does everything have be counted in "billions" now?

Seems like everything in the game is going up except the selling price of crafted items; they have dropped.

I was also thinking of lower levels than people that get "billions" easily and people that "can not" make RL$ purchases!

Pets will always die regardless if there is a pet storage or not.
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

There is that. I'll be honest and say I didn't even think of lower levels - in that case 1B far too high far too high.

Additional- and thinking about it, how much does it cost to rent the room in the tavern? 1000gp or something? There is another comparison. So yes, I take your point.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I think this is a great idea, but do agree, in part, with Leone. Although 1B is way too much, perhaps something like this:

- 2M for 2 slots which expire after XX time. If someone forgets to retrieve their pet(s) before time expires, then pet(s) are placed in a "zoo" until retrieved. Cost to release pets is 1M.
- 10M for 2 slots which do not expire.

So, players will lose the benefits of pets plus an additional 1M if they forget.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I am also in favor of this.

I would prefer an each time you need purchase rather than one time. This way the price could be lower. But if permanent then I agree the price should be higher. A lot of real money pets are purchased with game gold at 2 to 3 b a pop if a player can afford that then a permanent save slot should be expensive. I think temporary would be better and would not cause the ire of house owners as much as they too could benefit with their other alt accounts for special occasions. Not trying to sound insensitive here but those who can buy pets with real money can usually buy more if misfortune happens. The ones who grind for gold to save up for the purchase of a pet have the most to lose if they have no storage option. For them especially I am in favor of a storage solution. As a suggestion to discuss how about 50m for a temporary storage ...a reasonable insurance policy.when you consider if someone were buying the best shop pets it would take 32m to replace. (Boss dragons x 2)
Retired
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

One other option would be the cost is not a single cost, but the cost to use each time pets are stored. You want to go explore? Pay __ gold for a single use with the same fee each time after.

You could also require some planks, basic ingots, fish, etc. to fix/create storage pens. Call it a way to reduce the gold by requiring some minimal time investment.

[Gull snuck his response in first.]
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Here are another couple of thoughts I've had:

For my main character: yep of course I'd love another place to store pets, but more importantly...

For my alt who currently has pet shop green spiders, despite being able to have better $ pets: now there is a real possibility I'd spend the $ rather than keep the spiders.

In other words, a win/win for developer and players.

As far as how much it'd cost, I'll not put a price as it'll be wildly inaccurate:)

But

I'd rather pay a one-off fee than each time. That's a personal thing though.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Humble_M wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:20 pm I think this is a great idea, but do agree, in part, with Leone. Although 1B is way too much, perhaps something like this:

- 2M for 2 slots which expire after XX time. If someone forgets to retrieve their pet(s) before time expires, then pet(s) are placed in a "zoo" until retrieved. Cost to release pets is 1M.
- 10M for 2 slots which do not expire.

So, players will lose the benefits of pets plus an additional 1M if they forget.
We've discussed in other threads about "expire time" ... does the tavern 20 slots expire? No!

Why should a "Buy 2 Space RL$ Pet Storage" expire?

If JQ Player "scrapes up enough gold" for an extra back pack purchase at Map 0.0, does that expire?
Is he required to pay extra after X number of uses or X amount of time? No!

Like the Tavern - a one time payment - good for your time in the game.

RL$ Pet Storage: 2 spaces per character.
- not for items
- not for Shop Pets

But to give less fortunate players a chance to "preserve" their 4b (6b today it seems) investment a little longer. Because pets do die, no doubt about it.

Yes some John Doe(5k) player that already owns 7 houses can also buy 2 slots as well for his up and coming alt. I don't see that as a problem. I also don't think there will be many 5k+ players interested. Their low alt(150) with blitzbees will have red dinos guarding them as the main character tanks for his own alt while questing or levelling.

I also agree with something Leone said: Pets better be empty when storing them otherwise they "dump" their cargo and you can only pick up as many as empty spaces you have. OOPS!

How about pricing it on level?
0-99 = 2m
100-500 =5m
500+ = 10m

EDIT__________________________________

IMHO I don't think it should be a "pricey" thing.
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

There's already a precedent set for staged pricing with the Merc quests, so this seems reasonable.