Real $$ Pet Storage

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: Real $$ Pet Storage

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:33 pm There's already a precedent set for staged pricing with the Merc quests, so this seems reasonable.

True and let me clarify this part:
How about pricing it on level?
0-99 = 2m
100-500 =5m
500+ = 10m
It it still a one time purchase usable throughout your game life for that character.

The way I see it if someone hasn't bought it by level 500 he's not likely to buy it at all although I would not be against stages for higher level/prices though.

Again I'll state, the idea stems for some way of helping people who cannot RL$ purchase pets to preserve their 4-6b investment while giving them a little¹ freedom to quest and level.

uPgradE

Post by uPgradE »

how about using the new croc skins(item) to craft pet backpacks?
or use different skins to craft pack for different lvl of pets.
rabid dog skins for low lvl shopbuy pets,
swamp skins for low-mid lvl pets,
croc skins for mid lvl pets,
worm skins for high lvl pets,
packs add 10 spaces to pet.
and should the pet die,
you have a 50% chance the pack drops to retrieve.

edit::
i only glanced at this thread before posting...
pet storage... a place to put your pets.. my bad ;-/
Cage = LVL 2200 Archer
cestes = LVL 122 Mage
SYSTEM = LVL 20 MAGE (LIFE IN PRISON!) :twisted: :lol:
[HAPP]YHALLOWEEN = LVL 31 Archer 🎃
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Ok. My 2cents.

First: server does not currently know whether or not your pet is RL$, unless it checks follower id numbers against pet shop pet id numbers, and even then some of those pets (bats, for instance) can be RL$ before shop bought. In my opinion, anything like this should just apply to any pets/followers (not sieges) for simplicity. If you want to pay Xm gold to store a shop pet instead of just buying another pet, why not let you?

Second: I personally like the idea of scaling the fee by lvl. Might be pet lvl, might be player lvl. Either way, this would balance the hyper-lvls and lower-lvls getting them.
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

This idea (whether ALL pets or just $ pets) will help clan members out immensely: the ability to store pets whilst going sieging. The sieges themselves will need to be destroyed to retrieve the pets from the storage shop, but it is still something to consider.

I'm not saying this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it will be an unintended consequence.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I guess I wouldn't see an issue with storing pet shop pets as well. I didn't have someone providing me with loads of gold to start out and there were some times replacing those shop pets took a big bite out of my gold supply.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Leone wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:56 am This idea (whether ALL pets or just $ pets) will help clan members out immensely: the ability to store pets whilst going sieging. The sieges themselves will need to be destroyed to retrieve the pets from the storage shop, but it is still something to consider.

I'm not saying this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it will be an unintended consequence.
True enough. At least exempting sieges would prevent players without houses from storing the sieges to change clans and siege without needing to build a tower. As the game is now, sieges can currently be stored in house for such.
Omnes Autem Uri
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I'm all for allowing a small gold pet storage, but the costs definitely need to be higher; especially for a permanent storage.

Unless you're an archer, fishing can be a decent amount of income especially on an alt character you pretty much just keep fishing.

Keeping/shop selling most lvl 40+ items adds up pretty quick, especially if you get on a luck streak and/or catch an item with more player demand (200/250 plate, 200 wand etc)

I'm thinking at least 100m for a temp storage (lasts until you pull them back out).

Permanent would be much more costly, at least 1b imo.

Atm gold price for $ pets are around 2-3b, so 4-6b for a set. Paying 1b more to forever store them if needed (and future pets, although max of only 2) is not that big of a cost tbh, let alone 100m for temp storage.