A change to "clan life"

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mr_Maks

Re: A change to "clan life"

Post by Mr_Maks »

I don’t understand the logic of stopping us when you had 5/6 cards and 6 card is our little land Lev.
You also wanted to destroy the last Russian clan in the game, but you didn’t manage to do it and now our turn is what’s the problem?
Yes, if you could win, most likely our side would have no reason to play further, because that's what you feel right now, right?

As for the new clans, I already see such a new clan as Kot in 3.-3 in which many new high-level players they already have a clan base.They are neutral and we dont touch them.
So I do not see any reason to blame us for this because we are attacking in response to those who tried to destroy us.
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

Again I don't care about your war. Once you learn this and understand we are looking at making the game fair for new players. You guys won it's clear no one cares about that war. Congrats and move on please. We are looking to the future of the game. You can't leave four years ago so have no future. Let's try keep this about improving the game. Not your personal problems. Thanks.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

The point is that you write about what we control all the clan maps of the game, although your team did the same.But exactly our team must suffer from this according to your words.

Why didn't you propose to introduce a restriction when the last Russian clan was on the verge of falling?Because you liked to dominate and when you lost the initiative you started trying to either worsen our situation.

In general, I am also tired of duplicity and I feel it will continue for a very long time because someone cannot accept it.
h4t3rz

Post by h4t3rz »

We did look at forum post. I was huge fan of Gold upkeep, also Supported the upkeep build. Maks please understand I'm not playing in a clan anymore or active for clan wars. I do not care if you have every map. Try and think how we can better FT as a community. Look forward , not behind. This is bigger then you or me.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. -Einstein
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I really like h4t3rz idea about clan maintenance cost and reputation to make ppl more active. +1

now we're on the right path.
terminator

Post by terminator »

ryaca_ wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:45 pm I really like h4t3rz idea about clan maintenance cost and reputation to make ppl more active. +1

+1, I remember the idea was shot down. But this is a monopoly, the more builds you have, the more you can build. The less builds you have, the less you can build. That means whoever controls the most buildings will win almost any building fight and everyone else is unable to build. This allows this clan to grow inactive and no need to defend because no one can fight them. I like this maintence, but I think it should not be gold, it should be materials. Gold is unequally distributed, and if you put 50b in your all set forever. Materials takes time which affects everyone equally
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

terminator wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:32 pm
ryaca_ wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:45 pm I really like h4t3rz idea about clan maintenance cost and reputation to make ppl more active. +1

+1, I remember the idea was shot down. But this is a monopoly, the more builds you have, the more you can build. The less builds you have, the less you can build. That means whoever controls the most buildings will win almost any building fight and everyone else is unable to build. This allows this clan to grow inactive and no need to defend because no one can fight them. I like this maintence, but I think it should not be gold, it should be materials. Gold is unequally distributed, and if you put 50b in your all set forever. Materials takes time which affects everyone equally
agreed
Leone

Post by Leone »

...and it's like the game of Monopoly (that's what it's called in the UK - maybe different elsewhere).

Same analogy really- with big risks come big rewards, but the trade-off is more maintenance costs as the number of buildings you own increases.

Back on-topic: everyone talks about these inactive clans, but they've not been named on this forum as far as I'm aware.

Anyone want to name them?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I seem to recall a "maintenance" suggestion popping up now and then, and I honestly can't see much of a reason for someone to oppose it. The upkeep wouldn't even have to be burdensome, but just ensure it's nit dead. Maybe something like 100 stones and 20 planks a week, you could even say after a week of no regular activity maybe? If not things degrade by 10% or something. People with actual clan experience could hash out reasonable numbers.

If the clan as a whole can't put in a few minutes of work each week that says something.

Edit: Why not name dead clans? Give other clans an idea of the easy targets and free up spots for the newcomers? Isn't that half the point of clans with the rise and fall?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

this thread keeps getting better and better