New idea for PvP

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

_Teddy_

New idea for PvP

Post by _Teddy_ »

I like pvp but what i dont like is that all players can unequip the gear because all are to scary to lose or risk anything. Also the idea is that player can not unequip or change the gear in a fight.
Mr_Maks

Re: New idea for PvP

Post by Mr_Maks »

It is too easily get around with using log out from game.This will only complicate the game for the mage and all.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Mr_Maks wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm It is too easily get around with using log out from game.This will only complicate the game for the mage and all.
mmm id say if you log out in pvp and less then red, you "die" and have that 30% drop chance.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

terminator wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:43 pm
Mr_Maks wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm It is too easily get around with using log out from game.This will only complicate the game for the mage and all.
mmm id say if you log out in pvp and less then red, you "die" and have that 30% drop chance.
I personally disagree. I know full well it's a PvP game, but for those who don't want to fight they'd be getting punished. IF there could be a distinction between those who log after actively participating and those who are attacked and log without fighting back that could be a different issue.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

The only way this could work would be adding a pvp on/off button for non clan. But then if they clan it would have to disable. Not sure how much work the coding would be.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:25 pm The only way this could work would be adding a pvp on/off button for non clan. But then if they clan it would have to disable. Not sure how much work the coding would be.
Yea, not sure that's going to go anywhere.
It's a PVP game I was told when I posted about the same thing.
Even suggested it be a "One Time" thing non reversible.

Could be a choice on creating a new character.
And for existing players a one time popup.
Clanned players that say no are automatically kicked from clan never to return.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

There would also be little need for purchasing PvP protection if you could just switch it on/off. I'd personally love it, but it'd be a major change to a key part of the game. There have been changes made here and there over the years, but that'd be substantial.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Yes, the game would attract a lot of players that do not like PvP but still spend money buying houses, pets, levels, etc.

And the PvP players would still have their game and Clan Areas. All rolled up in one nice neat game.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

I have to refute the OP in this thread. Yes, players can drop gear to prevent drops in PvP, but pay for that with lower stats that almost guarantee death.

Now, if your idea was limited to clanned players on clan maps, and only delayed the gear changes by a second or 2 DURING PVP (rather than blocking them entirely), I'm sure the changes would be more balanced (and easier to code, also).
Omnes Autem Uri
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Most clanned players don't wear gear anyway,those that do are usually wearing noob gears. I use noob boots and weapon in clan. My 1k wears 200 gears.

The main reason ppl take off gears is the prices other players charge for gears. I can't afford to keep replacing gear for my accts.

For those people who use pvp to obtain gears, usually end up bandit and end up far worse off. If they are unclanned and continue to attack the same player for gears, I'm sure this would be a rule violation( degrading the game experience of others) and then be even more worse than just bandit
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-