New idea for PvP

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

proto_nuke

Re: New idea for PvP

Post by proto_nuke »

The chance of losing gear in pvp actually makes pvp more exciting in my opinion. Besides, in pvm, gear is just pretty accessories since pets were added.
Ryaca_1
terminator

Post by terminator »

proto_nuke wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:00 pm Besides, in pvm, gear is just pretty accessories since pets were added.
Yea.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Disagree, I tank for my pets.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

As do I lost
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Gear is overrated. It doesn't help that much. Stats can be changed for tanking. Those armor points that gear gives are peanuts.
Ryaca_1
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

Armor in PVP and on monsters works the same.
If your dex is higher than the enemy of the character or monster, it can hit you with a critical attack that deals pure damage ignoring armor.
Arm stats(gear and level) useless if your dex higher then opponent.This is really only numbers.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Correct. Before the unlimited monster spawn was changed Then maybe gear mattered a little bit. But now not so much. I could take all the armor that my gear gives me while grinding and it doesn't make very much difference. I am over level 5,000 though so maybe gear matters to low levels. It doesn't make any difference to me if I'm wearing 2k boots or level 0 boots.
Ryaca_1
Leone

Post by Leone »

proto_nuke wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:46 pm I am over level 5,000 though so maybe gear matters to low levels.
You've got it right there.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

What is amazing is how many people do not know that their armor is useless in pvm when their dex is higher because when a mob lands a critical hit, that hit ignores their armor. So armor in fact really is just pretty accessories.

Tankers beware. When I first started playing FT I always thought to myself that the tiny gains that armor gave were pretty useless. I would tell other players this but they would argue with me every time.

Just some food for thought. When I have a full set of 2k gear on it gives me the equivalent of 1500 levels worth of stats which is peanuts in this game. When I'm in pvp with a high level character and they land a critical hit they deal thousands in damage. High level mages deal thousands in damage also and that's with my armor being included in the equation.

Just an interesting little fact about gear.
Ryaca_1
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I follow what you are saying. I wonder how often a mob gets a critical hit though or for that matter a player when no specific skill is in use (for instance swordsman always hit). The other factor I see not mentioned in this is the effect armor has on your overall HP. Adding to strength increases HP but armor increases it more. Maybe this is less of a concern for players in multiple 1000's of levels.
Retired