New idea for PvP

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Re: New idea for PvP

Post by LostKnight »

proto_nuke wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:27 pm What is amazing is how many people do not know that their armor is useless in pvm when their dex is higher because when a mob lands a critical hit, that hit ignores their armor. So armor in fact really is just pretty accessories.
Key words here: Critical Hit

And if they can get a 'critical hit' when your DEX is +6 over theirs why the "+6 Rule" ?

As Gull said: How often does a monster get a critical hit.
- - - And when they are not getting a critical hit, isn't it exactly the same situation as you in PvP
Gullander wrote:The other factor I see not mentioned in this is the effect armor has on your overall HP. Adding to strength increases HP but armor increases it more. Maybe this is less of a concern for players in multiple 1000's of levels.
And if this is true it's a factor people should think about when changing stats with the wizard:
- - Add to STR increases HP but adding to ARM increases HP more.

Never tested that, must do.
p_n wrote:Tankers beware. When I first started playing FT I always thought to myself that the tiny gains that armor gave were pretty useless. I would tell other players this but they would argue with me every time.

Just some food for thought. When I have a full set of 2k gear on it gives me the equivalent of 1500 levels worth of stats which is peanuts in this game. When I'm in pvp with a high level character and they land a critical hit they deal thousands in damage. High level mages deal thousands in damage also and that's with my armor being included in the equation.
So why wear armour at all? I've heard some say when they PvP they do so without armour.
p_n wrote:Just an interesting little fact about gear.
I have also been told that if your DEX is higher than the "Plus 6 Rule" it's wasted DEX

Some other thoughts:

1. - does +6 dex over a monster guarantee a critical hit all the time?
- - - If yes, what good is the "Always hit" a Swordsman has against a monster
- - - I get it when attacking in a PvP but then if your STR is low your 'critical hit' will not be that must help.

2. - A character with less DEX than a monster can still kill it when someone else "tanks" for them.
- - - And I'd rather tank with gear than without, it still give me an edge.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Like I said:
Never tested that, must do.
→ OK, I tested it. Nice stuff: Show
00a.jpg
YES YES I know - 32 It was an OOPS! on my part.
I am always AFK!
Leone

Post by Leone »

That is the first +1 water bow I've seen. Enjoy it:)
Leone

Post by Leone »

And as for your other question on here about critical hit / always hit / +6 dex.

I'm sure I've read on here that ft combat is a bit like D&D dice rolling. Something like if you roll a 0 then it's a guaranteed miss and if you roll a 20 it's a guaranteed hit.

(I've simplified that , but hope it gives an idea).

So, in other words if two players are in PvP. One is dex 100 and the other dex 200 and same level as each other, the 100 dex guy can still land hits and the 200 dex guy can still miss.

I need @blitzcraig or @kromelg to confirm this though, or someone else who gets involved in that side of things.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Gullander wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:19 pm I follow what you are saying. I wonder how often a mob gets a critical hit though or for that matter a player when no specific skill is in use (for instance swordsman always hit). The other factor I see not mentioned in this is the effect armor has on your overall HP. Adding to strength increases HP but armor increases it more. Maybe this is less of a concern for players in multiple 1000's of levels.
If your dex is 6 or higher than they can only hit you with a critical hit which ignores armor. All other attacks that don't hit don't matter I believe.
Ryaca_1
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Also just to clarify, I'm only talking about pvm.
Ryaca_1
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Ok let me try to explain some things..

First we start with stats.

Str= damage (also adds small hp)
Dex= ability to hit (also small defence against magic)
Armor= damage deflected and go
Mana= mage abilities are dependant upon this

Now for the +6 Dex to hit. This is for mobs as well as PVP.
This means u can hit what u attack. There is a chance to miss, but it does not guarantee a CRIT hit. It also helps in the enemy missing.if enemy hits while u have higher Dex IT IS a CRIT.

ARMOR ...This is only for if your opponent (PVP or mob) has higher Dex. If it is a non crit hit your armor deflects that amount from the attack, the resulting number is taken from your hp..for example u have 500 armor,your opponent has 750 attack, you take 250 damage per hit(non crit).

Now let's get into skills.

Sword. Skill 1 always hit...this is a crit hit always. Meaning it ignores Dex and Armor and takes directly from HP pool.
Skill 2 freeze.. pretty much self explanatory..it freezes mobs,players, and seiges
Skill 3 fire... This attack takes 40% of opponent hp and 10% of your own hp.
Skill 4 slow. This was best skill imo. And because many didn't understand it's benefit it was removed..I would prefer this over sk1 or sk2..this skill halved the attack rate of your opponent..

Archer sk1 double attack. Self explanatory..basically 2arrows per shot
Sk2 freeze . Again self explanatory.. freezes opponent(includes mobs and seiges)
Sk3 fire. Takes 30% opponent hp

Ogre sk1...double atk damage.. this means u do 2x your attack
Sk2...don't remember name(lightning ?). This takes half Mana from mage or half hp from melee
Sk3...tornado...takes 2% opponent hp each time you are hit..this means u need less Dex to be hit or used against sword sk1.

Dwarf. Sk1.half magic damage..cuts magic damage by half
Sk2..hit all...u attack all within range of weapon doing equal damage to all
Sk3...speed...adds +1 walking speed

Mage...yellow. Atk one opponent
Green attack all opponent within range(the more opponents the less damage dealt) this includes building targeted and seiges within range if owner is targeted
Heal... Heals yourself and anyone within range not targeted for attack
Armor. Adds armor to all within range not targeted for attack.

Now with all this being said.. if sword uses Dex sk1 is useless basically.. if no Dex this is only attack guaranteed to do damage..if use Dex sk3 is best but eats your own hp.
Archer these basically need Dex to be efficient
Ogre..called best for PVP(not entirely true) sk 2 is Dex dependant to ensure a hit..but then makes sk3 useless as opponents need to hit you for it to work..
Dwarf..this class if statted correctly could be an awesome killer(among similar leveled opponent (s) but is weak against higher levels.
Mage..this class is basically the best killer but can be limited if opponents work together using skills..

These are my observations thru the years of play and PVP. Feel free to add your thoughts,edit if I have misstated.

With this all said....I think all 4 sword skills should be available and u can either use all of them if so choose or ability to pick the three u want..depending on the number of pot items(heal,speed,throw(if have freeze shouldn't be able to use)unfreeze) if use speed pots knives are useless as u can close in on range players and use freeze skill.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

proto_nuke wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:11 pm Also just to clarify, I'm only talking about pvm.
Yes realize that but the subject is: New idea for PvP, it's a mix now. :D
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:49 pm Ok let me try to explain some things..

First we start with stats.
{snip}
↑↑ Loves that post ↑↑
That whole post is a keeper too! Great future reference.

Thank you Lestat.
I am always AFK!
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Leone wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:25 pm And as for your other question on here about critical hit / always hit / +6 dex.

I'm sure I've read on here that ft combat is a bit like D&D dice rolling. Something like if you roll a 0 then it's a guaranteed miss and if you roll a 20 it's a guaranteed hit.
Yea, I heard about "the dice game" part before, I do not fully understand how it works ... but must live with it.

Some RL fun:
- .22 longrifle: Barnyard rat snipers, breathe in, hold, squeeeeeeeze. POP! 10¢ per tail as a kid
- Shotgun: good for medium range - shot spreads out, but you can still miss. And loaded with "rock salt" stings like the dickens! Careful whose crab apples you steal! :oops:
- Sniper Rifle: Good for those 500m kills, but a lot of factors come into play on whether or not you hit. I was more of a 100m killer with a L1A1 SLRifle, and that ages me :shock:
- Tank: basically a 2,500m sniper! Shoot, send a telegram, "Did I hit it?" :mrgreen:
I am always AFK!