Make Clan Invites Cost Gold

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Make Clan Invites Cost Gold

Post by SellSword »

It would be great to have some sort of /ignore option that could be switched on/off and prevent unwanted trades, clan invites, and friend invites. That idea has been suggested a few times.

My suggestion: make clan invites cost gold for the person sending them. This would not be a payment to the recipient of the invite, but just gold taken out of the sender's gold. Maybe something like 100k to 500k gold per invite.

The idea is that this could reduce or eliminate the annoying spam invites that are sent. Many times the person spamming invites sends them to multiple players, and even sends them to some players more than once.

Gold could always be returned if an invite is accepted. This would be entirely separate from the regular cost to join a clan.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Re: Make Clan Invites Cost Gold

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Genius!
Sender: 500k to send invite. Returned on acceptance.
Recipient: 500k to join, placed in clan coffers.
Spam invites drop to 0%.

Scammer trolls will claim they want to join, but then refuse, just to cost you 500k. Can't win for losing. Still, a nice idea.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Short of making an on/off or allow/deny for notices where you don't have to see them in the first place there probably isn't an ideal option.

/filter msg or something...

Being forced to endure the spam and not being able to exit out of trade requests is offputting to say the least.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:22 am Genius!
Sender: 500k to send invite. Returned on acceptance.
Recipient: 500k to join, placed in clan coffers.
Spam invites drop to 0%.

Scammer trolls will claim they want to join, but then refuse, just to cost you 500k. Can't win for losing. Still, a nice idea.
You know how many players have been in a clan for 5-10 seconds until they realize what happened, then figured out how to quite it?

You know how many players have accepted, "OK, I'll join", pay their dues only to be tossed out by the Duke a little while later. Because the idea was accept anyone then kick them, to build up clan coffers.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.