Inventory Management

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cashew

Inventory Management

Post by Cashew »

So whilst fishing on my mage I was reminded again that the inventory organization system is still horrible when I mindlessly picked up some random spell scroll.

Needless to say I was not a very happy kitty.

What I propose is a new tap icon appears whenever you tap/click items in your inventory that allows you to basically "pick up" and then whatever item you tap/click after that, the previously picked up item would be placed to the left of it in your inventory.

It'd basically go like this: (forgive the lazy artwork for demonstration)

A0000
00X00

X being the item you "grab", A being the item you "tap" afterwards. Rearranging the inventory like this:

XA000

It'd also work when swapping pages; say an item on page 4 is grabbed, tap to page 1, then tap item on page 1 to move item in front of it..

The only way to organize now is to drop/pick up or cycle through bank etc every single item in the exact order you want them which I find highly tedious.

PLEASE implement something like this.
LostKnight

Re: Inventory Management

Post by LostKnight »

↑↑ I Like It!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Hopefully one of these inventory arranging suggestions catches on some day. I agree it's a total pain.

If nothing else maybe allow moving specific items. You want to move your mith axe in slot #2 or slot #78? Select the one to move and don't worry about fixing four pages of inventory. (Arranging in OP more ideal, but almost anything would be better.)
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I have played games that have an auto organize that puts like items together.
Ryaca_1
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

proto_nuke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:50 am I have played games that have an auto organize that puts like items together.
This too, however I didn't know which would be easier/harder to implement and I tend to not always like how auto-sort works, but yeah that'd definitely be welcome too!

Just 1 tap and everything is grouped by item type will make finding things easier in inventory when someone needs a random item I've fished, so long as it doesn't mess with my spell order meow ;)
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

How about the ability to 'lock' items in a area. This will benefit mages so they don't have to completely redo spells when they fish a second spell.. it's frustrating that the first one gets given during a trade and removes it from that slot in your skills setup..no other characters have this issue with skills..
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

A flurry of activity on the forum lately! As mentioned elsewhere, many great ideas (often repeated multiple times), but the likelihood of them going anywhere is minimal.

I'd honestly love the ability to lock any items in place. It's probably more annoying for mages, but it's still annoying for everyone. I like my tools in the first few slots, but craft some more and things are going to get messed up regardless of how I get rid of one.

Of course, mages are the only class that has their "skills" take up inventory slots too, but that's a different issue.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

SellSword wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:23 am but the likelihood of them going anywhere is minimal.
Correct.
Ryaca_1
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

proto_nuke wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:35 am
SellSword wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:23 am but the likelihood of them going anywhere is minimal.
Correct.
+1

I was hesitant to even post but tbh I was irked after spending 10 min completely rearranging everything back to where it was.

Loads of ideas for inventory / trade (more item stack in trade window [not inventory, just in the trade window]; using "m" to shorten larger trade amounts of gold; closing trade window on both plaer's screen when closing it; just to name a few)

But alas, none of them ever get past the idea stage because the chance of implementation is nearly non-existent due to reasons discussed pretty much everywhere.
davidjett

Post by davidjett »

I know this is an old thread but I don't see anything more current in regard to this suggestion.

Was curious if there has been any movement in the programming of some sort of organization system for items? I see this being super beneficial, especially for those of us that own homes. With the increased ability to "collect" and the ability to purchase additional slots for the home, organization and being able to find specific items has become bothersome.

Would love to see a button that would "group" like items together in some order.

IE, Crafting Items, Quest Items, Bows, Armor, Boots, Swords, etc.. You get the idea.
David

Forgotten Tales ID - davidjett1

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." C.S. Lewis