Exp gains and loses

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

proto_nuke

Re: Exp gains and loses

Post by proto_nuke »

SellSword wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:12 pm I know that xp from mobs will be reduced at higher levels, but could someone point out where it is clearly stated that characters will actually lose levels? That does not include just players commenting on it, but something from compbatant, LordSeth, or I suppose terminator as he assisted with calculations.
I can't remember where I read about it but it's here somewhere. Maybe mchat. It is coming though.
Ryaca_1
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:50 am
Lestat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:25 pm Im sure to step on some toes here..maybe even make some mad...but at least i ask for thoughts...
{snip}
So let the crying begin.. and give the honest average player a reason to stay.
+1 ??? Anyone ?
+1

I'm all for making grinding a "little" easier.

OR

And I like this better: leave the grinding alone but give better drop rates
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Honestly, I like Lestat's idea, but at the same time, I cannot see where it would be "balanced". Lower level players require less exp because they are already lower in level. The new exp equation was made to balance those whose required exp would exceed the maximum value the server could handle.

Still, it is new ideas that fuel a good game, so keep them coming, Les!
Omnes Autem Uri
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I have to agree. Levels under 3377 shouldn't have experience required to gain levels changed.
Ryaca_1
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Booo boooo hisss hisss - I'll quit I tell you, I'll quit .... :lol:

Seriously: Yea there is that...

Could I interest you in changing the drop rates?
And not from 0.1% to 0.01% either!
I am always AFK!
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

proto_nuke wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:39 am I have to agree. Levels under 3377 shouldn't have experience required to gain levels changed.
Also agree, would not be fair to those that did spend the time to do so already.

Ofc pets pretty much did the same thing for anyone else high lvl at the time of their introduction, so meh.

As a lower level, I would not want this added. It'd feel unfair even though those that were directly affected by the update actually were handed a huge advantage themselves.
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Dónde encuentro el hilo sobre la actualización de niveles superiores al 3377 ?
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

El.Menda wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:21 pm Dónde encuentro el hilo sobre la actualización de niveles superiores al 3377 ?
There are two threads about this in New version announcements.
Ryaca_1
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

Cashew wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:40 am
Also agree, would not be fair to those that did spend the time to do so already.
And therein lies the rub. This quote could be used for higher levels that gained very high levels and had them removed.

I realize that with the new change, technically they wouldn't have gotten to that level anyway.

I am glad that the extremely high levels weren't just allowed to stay there like the original suggestion years ago seemed to be happy with as the extremely high levels would have been untouchable. So I am glad that there were in fact two changes. One was experience points cap being changed and two was Level adjustment after the fact.

All in all, I disagree with this change completely as the developer should have made this change long ago whenhe first saw this becoming a problem and should not have let it go on for so long. However, the change is here now and we all must accept this change. Acceptance will be the only salvation for those of us that wish to continue to be a part of FT.
Ryaca_1
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

New people joining today will never know.

What change, wasn't it always like this?

When I first joined I heard MadMike talking about a level 40 weapon that had to last to level 100! :o
Leone just mentioned it the other day - he bought a Black Axe - had to use it to level 40

I'm old but i missed the good old days. Maybe I'll he around long enough to say something like.
Hahahahaha this isn't a change, it's a minor adjustment. You should have been here for the Great Level Equalizer of '19
Last edited by LostKnight on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am always AFK!