Clicking speed

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Cashew

Re: Clicking speed

Post by Cashew »

Mage class takes no "skill" nor is it "complex" just stand and spam between attack and heal. Maybe slow if trying to catch someone or armor if you want to nullify their higher dex constantly hitting you but that's about it.

Just stand and spam, and apparently soon to just be stand and hold.

You know a class is OP when it's mandatory to outnumber it. Mage MIGHT have been balanced before the level at which infinite mana is achieved through regeneration. After that, there is no comparison.

One class should not require multiple people to kill it on the same level.

EDIT:
All other classes have to time their abilities and choose which one, as none of them can use more than 1 once a minute.

It takes more skill to time abilities (especially for melee, having to constantly move into attacking range) than it does to spam them.

I'll ask one more time, if mage is "balanced" compared to all other classes why is the majority of high level accounts mages?
Last edited by Cashew on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

If you think that the magician does not need skills and this is easy, you have never tried pvp playing as a magician.
You are most likely talking about a PVP of a maximum of 1-3 people, but have you tried to play clan wars where the allies constantly block your heal where more than 5 people constantly attack you and you must manage to target everyone and have time to remove the staff in order to survive.Everything is always easy in words, but in practice no one can show how easy it is.

In some games, magicians are divided into healers and dealers' damage, maybe this could change the picture, but it will be very difficult and long to implement.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Cashew wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:26 pm You know a class is OP when it's mandatory to outnumber it.
TRUTH
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Uhh yeah I have, and I quickly learned my mage alt is way easier to PvP/PvM/Anything really than my archer. The only reason I don't level it up more is because I've already invested my time in my other account. At this point I wish I hadn't but oh well, at least I can craft things easier.

EDIT: Of course, when you're out-numbered and out-leveled 10 to 1, there ain't much you can do no matter what. But on the same level, mage is supreme. If it wasn't, again why would SO MANY have leveled up their mage or ONLY leveled a mage?

Although it was funny being in the above situation and using my lil mage nub set to all armor to troll and watching the attackers neck-strain so hard to kill it but die to a tower because they couldn't kill it in one hit. When in a group of the same level though, no problems.

I gave that up after I took my first break from FT though, there was no chance of catching up.

Anyways...

OH!!!!!!!

Almost forgot that mages don't "need" gear either. Literally slap on a lvl 0 wand and you're basically just as powerful as wielding a lvl 3k staff, barring the auto-attack damage.

Only against another mage (noooo, really?) does gear matter for the Resistance, other than that all of the other stats are useless.

Yeah there's the auto-attack damage, but you said that's useless to a mage (when I mentioned cooldowns and re-adjusting stats to compensate) so there ya go: no gear needed.

Meanwhile all other classes have to use the most expensive gear, outnumber 5 to 1, split/block heal, AND get lucky with RNG (depending if mage is boosting armor or not to counter higher dex opponent) to get a kill.

That's not balanced at all, even if a mage DOES have to spam its spells.
Last edited by Cashew on Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

But you also don’t mention that it’s easiest to kill a magician because of his small amount of health, he is not able to run away or leave the game in the middle of PVP in order to survive because of this the magician dies in clan pvp more often than all other classes.All other classes have a large supply of health that allows them to do this.

I saw your mage about 200 level. Are you sure that you can talk about how easy it played mage?
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

I had someone let me play on their high level mage for like a day years ago and lemme tell ya, I REALLY wish I hadn't leveled up my archer and spent my time into the mage instead. But by that point it was too late.

It was like night and day going from complete aggravation to pure enjoyment watching everybody HAVE to flee or pile me to get a kill.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I also wish that I hadn't invested so much time and money into my archer.

I should have been a mage. :D
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

It doesn't take much investment at a higher level to get a "decent" HP buffer on a mage.

Low Max HP means nothing when you can out-heal the damage dealt against you.

If you wanna cherry-pick large group/clan PvP only, it STILL takes 5x as many players to beat a mage by your own words. That's not balanced lol, no matter what you say if it always takes multiple people to kill a certain class, that class is OP.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

This has a downside: if your mage was at the same level as the warrior, you yourself must understand that you attack them for about 3-5 minutes so that they run away and be healed in 30 seconds and the mage is forced to pvp without stopping and if he is mistaken he dies all the others classes do not depend on errors.
Why don’t you indicate that wars can easily remove equipment before death, but a magician doesn’t?
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Tbh it didn't cross my mind simply because mages can do the same thing (remove gear, mandatory to prevent getting heal blocked) that's all. My point was that it's required for all other classes to use high level / expensive gear for effective damage whilst for a mage it is not.

Mages can back off / switch out to heal too though, most just don't do it because they have a heal they can use in combat.

If anything that's more of a benefit to mages, as they don't have to break off from the fighting to heal whereas all other classes have to temporarily leave the action (and leave allies vulnerable) to stop and heal otherwise they die themselves.

(I'll be gone for a while after this, I gots things to do but I'll pick it up later)