Class change

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Class change

Post by madmaniacal1 »

proto_nuke wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:54 pm
LostKnight wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:09 am
madmaniacal1 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:36 am Class change should never occur. It defeats the purpose of choosing a class at the start of game.
This "newbie", who had never played an MMORPG game had no idea about skills and affinities. I hate PvP and in error I chose the best PvP character in the game. Hated my first time in with blood mummies and seeing archers and mages on the other side of a wall stealing my spawn. GRRRR!!!!

I'm the only character that has a crafting skill below 1. It was well after I was given a house, gift from a friend, that I started to realize my OOPS!

I'll live with it, but I think it should be something to be considered.

One free change before you reach X level, I'd say 0 to 99, so "before" level 100, not at, and maybe at a 50% level reduction as well to make people think about it.

Of course I doubt it will ever happen and if it does, well, I'm past the 100 mark by a few. :D
This is a perfect example. This rigid thinking that there are no chances and no forgiveness in role playing games doesn't make sense to me. The idea that if I put a point in the wrong skill or decide that after playing a class for awhile that there is no way in Hell that I could ever take that point back or change my class is a school of thought that I want no part of. I am glad that I see mmorpgs moving away from this line of thinking and that the developers are being more forgiving to players and their needs and wants.

P.S. blitzcraig and MadMikael and myself used to argue about this topic long ago and I never could see why they were so against these ideas. In my opinion, it really doesn't affect anyone in the game or affect game play whatsoever.

There is a few mmorpg's that I play from time to time that let players change their class instantly whenever the player wants. Archer, mage, warrior? No problem.
Don't mistake how i feel as inflexibility. As mechanics are now, i feel that changing classes is a bad idea. Picture a player changing to a sword for better "fail at succeeding" rates (then archer to succeed at craft), to mage for building or pvm, then ogre for pvp/siege. Affinity is the flaw in class changes, along with mage "skills" being in backpack. With a few changes, class changes could indeed be balanced. I'm simply against them being done as things are now.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Kinda why I said as a one time deal between levels 0-99.

With the idea of fixing a bad choice of a character for people that didn't know.

Now I'll go so far as to say "for NEW accounts" - if logs show it's an ALT - all bets off!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I see what you mean now MadManiacal.
Ryaca_1
Glamy

Post by Glamy »

This is only role playing game I have ever seen where you can't change character. I hate my starting character. I want to change it but I am not going to create an email account just to change a character. That is obsured. That said people change email accounts all the time for many reasons. I should be able to change my email account without starting over. Especially if I were to pay money into this game. I would have already considered some purchases if these things were not a factor.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Glamy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:00 pm This is only role playing game I have ever seen where you can't change character. I hate my starting character. I want to change it but I am not going to create an email account just to change a character. That is obsured. That said people change email accounts all the time for many reasons. I should be able to change my email account without starting over. Especially if I were to pay money into this game. I would have already considered some purchases if these things were not a factor.
Well, the good news is:
You do not need to create a new email account for a different character.

My main character and ALL my alts are on the same email account, just use a different password for each character.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.