Class change

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

proto_nuke

Re: Class change

Post by proto_nuke »

SellSword wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:48 am Funny how I keep seeing people say like 30-40% all the time... If you don't agree with someone else's wild numbers though you can call them out on it... :roll:
I think this is a good idea.
Ryaca_1
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

SellSword wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:48 am Funny how I keep seeing people say like 30-40% all the time... If you don't agree with someone else's wild numbers though you can call them out on it... :roll:
Oh I don't know, 30-40% sounds about right to me ... :o

... mind you, one has to divide that by the "consider the source" factor, which no one mentions. ;)
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

Yo I heard like 112% playerbase gonna quit, ish true and from reliable source I swears Meow <3
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

FT will survive this.
Ryaca_1
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Class change should never occur. It defeats the purpose of choosing a class at the start of game.
Omnes Autem Uri
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:36 am Class change should never occur. It defeats the purpose of choosing a class at the start of game.
I bet many said the same thing about skill tree changes in games that have skill trees and now most games allow that.
Ryaca_1
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

proto_nuke wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:40 am
madmaniacal1 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:36 am Class change should never occur. It defeats the purpose of choosing a class at the start of game.
I bet many said the same thing about skill tree changes in games that have skill trees and now most games allow that.
Idk about that. I suppose if the game had no sort of tutorial, *cough OV cough* , allowing a skill tree reset makes sense.
Another game I play has no defined classes. It bases everything on gear. Anyone can be anything, if they grind to it. Melee, ranged, or magic are each trained separately as skills to allow the player to choose a destiny of their own, without having to do so from the start.
Omnes Autem Uri
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

I've specifically looked into games that have skill trees.
skill tree games WILL allow you to change your skill tree at any time now. It's a trend that's catching on. A good example is diablo 2. Can't change skill tree in that game but you can however in Diablo 3 and 4.

It benifits both the players and developers to allow this.
Ryaca_1
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

This "newbie", who had never played an MMORPG game had no idea about skills and affinities. I hate PvP and in error I chose the best PvP character in the game. Hated my first time in with blood mummies and seeing archers and mages on the other side of a wall stealing my spawn. GRRRR!!!!

I'm the only character that has a crafting skill below 1. It was well after I was given a house, gift from a friend, that I started to realize my OOPS!

I'll live with it, but I think it should be something to be considered.

One free change before you reach X level, I'd say 0 to 99, so "before" level 100, not at, and maybe at a 50% level reduction as well to make people think about it.

Of course I doubt it will ever happen and if it does, well, I'm past the 100 mark by a few. :D
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
proto_nuke

Post by proto_nuke »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:09 am
This "newbie", who had never played an MMORPG game had no idea about skills and affinities. I hate PvP and in error I chose the best PvP character in the game. Hated my first time in with blood mummies and seeing archers and mages on the other side of a wall stealing my spawn. GRRRR!!!!

I'm the only character that has a crafting skill below 1. It was well after I was given a house, gift from a friend, that I started to realize my OOPS!

I'll live with it, but I think it should be something to be considered.

One free change before you reach X level, I'd say 0 to 99, so "before" level 100, not at, and maybe at a 50% level reduction as well to make people think about it.

Of course I doubt it will ever happen and if it does, well, I'm past the 100 mark by a few. :D
This is a perfect example. This rigid thinking that there are no chances and no forgiveness in role playing games doesn't make sense to me. The idea that if I put a point in the wrong skill or decide that after playing a class for awhile that there is no way in Hell that I could ever take that point back or change my class is a school of thought that I want no part of. I am glad that I see mmorpgs moving away from this line of thinking and that the developers are being more forgiving to players and their needs and wants.

P.S. blitzcraig and MadMikael and myself used to argue about this topic long ago and I never could see why they were so against these ideas. In my opinion, it really doesn't affect anyone in the game or affect game play whatsoever.

There is a few mmorpg's that I play from time to time that let players change their class instantly whenever the player wants. Archer, mage, warrior? No problem.
Ryaca_1