Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

How does this drop chance formula feel to you?

Awesome!
11%
Whatever brings back unlimited spawn!
39%
The percent is not low enough for high lvls
8%
The percent is way to low for high lvls
17%
Players the same level as should have a drop buff
14%
I have a better idea (stated below)
3%
The spawn limit should stay
9%

Total votes: 66
terminator

Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

Post by terminator »

The idea was created by Gullander, and this is merely putting into actual numbers. One of the main reasons for the addition of the spawn limit; I believe, was to decrease high levels killing mass low level monsters for drops. This caused rapid inflation in gold prompting for change. Here is an idea to remove the spawn limit through a drop chance change.

Drop Percent = ((1/(Current_Drop_Chance * Player_Level))^.25) * Current_Drop_Chance.

Some numbers off this:
Killing a level 1000 monster with a 1/1000 chance
Lvl 500 (1/1000)*(120% drop chance)
Level 1000 1/1000
Level 1500 (1/1000) * (90% chance)
Level 2000 (1/1000) * (85% chance)
Level 8000 (1/1000) * (59%)

As you may notice, lower levels recieve a drop buff, while levels above the monster see a little bit of a decrease. This is just an example, the spectrum can be widened so that the player the same level as the monster may get a buff etc. The decreasing amounts can also be altered, as just an example. Thanks to Gullander for proposing the level drop chance change!
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
terminator

Re: Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

Post by terminator »

And just to explain it a little more. We could have it set that you still are getting an XP buff if your double the monsters lvl. This is just if you like the concept or not
Last edited by terminator on Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

A nice idea.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

You may select up to 3 options ---> I choose only 2

Awesome!
- simply because drop rates need looking at, and

Players the same level as should have a drop buff
Players of the same level or lower should have a buff. Not a HUGE buff but increasing a little the lower a player gets, to make the "challenge" worthwhile, after all, you're looking at a fast trip to Map 0.0

And I do not think this should be applied to ALL monsters. But certainly the drop rates that come close to finding a needle in a haystack (1 or 2%) or pulling chickens teeth (anything less than 1%) (ie: not a chance in a hot place)

Whatever brings back unlimited spawn!
- I though the limit was to control auto-clickers. And until that is a least slowed to a dribble (doubt it will ever go away 100%) leave the limit. I have no problem moving. It was first implemented when I was fighting worms in Hobb's Gold Mine. Never thought I'd see the limit run out but it did and moving a matter of a few paces was no bother at all. Unlimited spawn only invites auto-clickers to try again. And, let's face it, if it's fix "perfect" today, they will find a way around it at sometime in the future. Maybe raise the limit a little?

The percent is not low enough for high lvls
- I was going to click this but that would be unfair. After all drop rates are a RNG spin of the wheel called "Luck" and a 50% drop chance might just mean you have to kill 10 monsters to get 2 drops.

The percent is way to low for high lvls
- see comment above

I have a better idea (stated below)
- nope, just explaining yes|no choices and why.

The spawn limit should stay
- as seen above: Maybe raise the limit a little? There is no problem with moving. As one of my high level friends said: auto-spawn 8 at a time it will never run out. Because of my character I prefer 2 or 3 at a time, as long as it's steady. "I" can only attack one at a time - ever!

Something else I think, not sure how it works, but ALL quest drops should be at a minimum 5% drop rate, but higher is good.
{flame proof suit}
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I voted for whatever brings unlimited spawns back.

I will say this. An afk check every hour may be easy to avoid if it's the same time all the time.
terminator

Post by terminator »

ryaca_ wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:10 am I voted for whatever brings unlimited spawns back.

I will say this. An afk check every hour may be easy to avoid if it's the same time all the time.
An idea to help all ranges of players.
1. Allow unlimited spawning
2. Stop inflation of gold from happening from unlimited spawning
3. Allow lower levels a better chance for drops
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I believe that with the current % that it is very difficult for all levels to get drops.

Even as a 5211 archer, it still takes me a very long time to get any drops from any mobs.

I trust your math though. Whatever may come will be fine.
terminator

Post by terminator »

ryaca_ wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:24 am I believe that with the current % that it is very difficult for all levels to get drops.

Even as a 5211 archer, it still takes me a very long time to get any drops from any mobs.

I trust your math though. Whatever may come will be fine.
Is just the concept for now, dont listen to the math values, as its like 0, a place holder until the numbers everyone feel's fair is found.
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I will take your advice.
Mr_Maks

Post by Mr_Maks »

The prices of literally every item have been reduced with update with new maps so that it will not allow you to make huge earnings even without spawn limit.I doubt it a bit.
Last edited by Mr_Maks on Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.