Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

How does this drop chance formula feel to you?

Awesome!
11%
Whatever brings back unlimited spawn!
39%
The percent is not low enough for high lvls
8%
The percent is way to low for high lvls
17%
Players the same level as should have a drop buff
14%
I have a better idea (stated below)
3%
The spawn limit should stay
9%

Total votes: 66
SK1976

Re: Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

Post by SK1976 »

ryaca_ wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:03 pm The reason that some high level mobs drop items way lower than their level is to encourage players to make friends and use teamwork. For the social experience.
y not same lvl players could b friends ?
DUKE of SK-Clan
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

SK1976 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:12 pm
ryaca_ wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:03 pm The reason that some high level mobs drop items way lower than their level is to encourage players to make friends and use teamwork. For the social experience.
y not same lvl players could b friends ?
They can. Players of the same level can work together to defeat a stronger enemy.
Sumit

Post by Sumit »

I will only ask one thing what if i become 100k player playing whole day and night buying levels etc, and this game change again and i loose levels, what will be the point of my hardwork and money spend.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

OR so the high level players can sell them to lower level players at inflated prices because the lower level isn't given the chance to do so himself

OR asking a high level mage, "Can you heal me as I kill these lvl 1200 Black Guards so I can get the keys need for my lvl 800 quest?"
Only to get: "Yea, that a tough one, you can do it though!" and that ended that.
- - died a few times before asking for help and 5 times the day help didn't come.
- - - - swore I'd never help that mage again - didn't last though because that's not who I am.
- - Then I find out that lvl 800 Quest that requires killing enough Lvl 1200 Black Guards to get the two keys leads one to an NPC that wants a 1k Plate to continue.

Now colour me dumb but something is just wrong with this scenario:
- a lvl 0.8k player needs to kill multiple lvl 1.2k monsters (I wonder if they drop a certain 1k item)
- - to be able to "talk" to an NPC that wants a 1k item (that 'maybe' - but I seriously doubt it) the 1.2k mobs drop.

This is better:
- a lvl 1k player needs to kill multiple lvl 1k monsters to be able to "talk" to an NPC that wants a 1.2k item.

or
- a lvl 1k player needs to kill multiple lvl 0.8k monsters (lowish drop% rate) to be able to "talk" to an NPC that wants a 1.5k item.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

You mean I have to be social? Please don't force me to have to communicate and share and help or be helped! Can't I just be my solitary troglodyte self? What are games coming to requiring interaction! ?! :o

Seriously though...some quests are rated too low to attempt at that level...and back to my half serious comment above I bet there are many who would like to do quests by themselves one on one and not bother another soul to accomplish it.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

↑↑↑ You! A solitudinarian :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's like saying water is dry!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

I understand. I remember I asked why about high level mobs dropping low level items and was told it was intentional to encourage players to work together.
terminator

Post by terminator »

Here was the full idea drawn out (Sorry I havent been on much, super busy)
Monster Level 400
Drop Chance .1%

Level..... Drop_Percent..... Idea_Spawn_Limit ..... Max_Chance_Per_Hour..... Current_Max_Chance_Per_Hour

25 3.30% 406.25
50 1.70% 412.5
75 1.17% 418.75
100 0.90% 425
150 0.63% 437.5
250 0.42% 462.5
500 0.26% 525
1000 0.18% 650 117.00% 40%
1500 0.15% 775 118.83% 40%
5000 0.12% 1650 191.40% 40%

You have seen the data on the left, the data to the right is a little bit new. This would be the max you could spawn per hour and the chance you would get if you killed all of them in the inside right. The outside right is the Current chance of killing 400 per hour.

(Added .... as the spacing was weird, also only 1000, 1500 and 5000 were given a max chance because they were the most likely to go near the spawn limit)
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

Vote for 3, I voted for 2.

*Whatever brings unlimited spawn back.

*The percent is too low for high levels.

I hate the idea of adding !AFK! check + Decreasing and making limited spawn. It should be either one of them. Remove AFK Check and Add limited spawn OR Adding AFK Check and Make spawn Unlimited (The Best)

!AFK! can be in other methods, not only grinding. (Can be sieging, etc...) So !AFK! Check should be around. But the unlimited spawn should be back soon.

Thanks <3
I'm the palm between the two swords
-
-
-
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

coolguy wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:10 am Vote for 3, I voted for 2.

*Whatever brings unlimited spawn back.

*The percent is too low for high levels.

I hate the idea of adding !AFK! check + Decreasing and making limited spawn. It should be either one of them. Remove AFK Check and Add limited spawn OR Adding AFK Check and Make spawn Unlimited (The Best)

!AFK! can be in other methods, not only grinding. (Can be sieging, etc...) So !AFK! Check should be around. But the unlimited spawn should be back soon.

Thanks <3
To be honest, i would sooner favor limited spawns, but with all drops being increased to a minimum of 1%. That would help players grinding for drops, without allowing players with sneaky mechanics to bot the afk check and afk grind indefinitely.
Omnes Autem Uri