Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

How does this drop chance formula feel to you?

Awesome!
11%
Whatever brings back unlimited spawn!
39%
The percent is not low enough for high lvls
8%
The percent is way to low for high lvls
17%
Players the same level as should have a drop buff
14%
I have a better idea (stated below)
3%
The spawn limit should stay
9%

Total votes: 66
LostKnight

Re: Removing Spawn Limit through Drop Chance Change

Post by LostKnight »

DwarfTank wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 pm
DwarfTank wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:59 pm If spawn limiter was implemented to stop players from hoarding drops, why not just set a limiter on the amount of any one item a player can carry in their pack, (ie; 5 swamp bows max in players pack at any given time.) Speed Boots dropped from Crocy can only be dropped 1 at a time, and once player has dropped one they can't drop another, even if they leave the Speed Boots suspended on screen they still can't drop another, while in possession of one, only by storing the Speed Boots in the Bank, Brass Monkey Tavern, Player's Private House, or passing off to another player are they able to drop a 2nd Speed Boots drop.

This I know some are thinking will affect quests, but I disagree with any who sets that claim, as most quests only require 1 or 2 of any one item to complete the requirement to finish a quest.

In short, set a limiter on the items allowed in possession by the player, I know this can be done and that it isn't too hard to code, we get unlimited spawns again and all will be happy again for a time at least concerning this matter.

Thanks for reading, feedback is always welcomed and encouraged.

-DT
Added note I forgot to mention, I see alot of player complaints about "inflation" of players selling or trading items, there is a very simple solution for this matter, if you don't like the asking price, offer your preferred price to pay, if the seller declines your offer, move on, the more players that deny sellers their higher asking price, the lower the seller will have to go, you can't make money of no one is willing to pay your asking price.

In short, the players/buyers control the inflation, not the sellers.
+1 Like em both Not often I quote an entire post!
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I agree - really refreshing ideas.

There are some quests, of course, that need more than 2 items. 10 blitzbee stings or 20 planks or whatever.

However, although this required for the quest; once it has been completed perhaps the restriction could apply again?
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 pm To Ardesia's points, I agree wholeheartedly.{snip}
Could not agree more
mm1 wrote:As for Kromelg, Blitz and DaHobbit, in both quantity and quality. Kudos to all of them for their excellent work.
YES!!!! FT and FTRPG Offline Awesome work.

The only time I ever heard anything against Kromelg as a GM was when someone said he killed their pets or over spawned them. I believe it was cleared up that Krom did not in fact do any such thing. Great respect for him, same as Blitz, that I never knew as a GM and GM DaHobbit, I do miss them both.
mm1 wrote:Back on topic: spawn limits, the what and why.
Spawn limits were created to serve 2 purposes, in my opinion: Stop AFK auto, and lower market saturation of drops.
{..{snip}..}
There are no shortages of spawn points, so unlimited spawn should NEVER be needed unless afk/auto...
HEAR! HEAR!
I am always AFK!
cotne7

Post by cotne7 »

Personally for me spawn limit not making any sence i m changing spots easeay so its np for me..
So i prefer spawn limit stays and i voted for it..
Making drops harder for higher lvls is bad i thinl
For what i need to lvl then?i m getting lvls mostly becouse i get items more easier and easier living ...if i get drops harder means i m not getting stronger and nothing changes i still drop with same chance when i was lower..is not it unfair?
cotne7 Mage lvl 7000
cotne Archer lvl 200
tsotne0 ogre lvl 157
terminator

Post by terminator »

LostKnight wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm
DwarfTank wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 pm
DwarfTank wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:59 pm If spawn limiter was implemented to stop players from hoarding drops, why not just set a limiter on the amount of any one item a player can carry in their pack, (ie; 5 swamp bows max in players pack at any given time.) Speed Boots dropped from Crocy can only be dropped 1 at a time, and once player has dropped one they can't drop another, even if they leave the Speed Boots suspended on screen they still can't drop another, while in possession of one, only by storing the Speed Boots in the Bank, Brass Monkey Tavern, Player's Private House, or passing off to another player are they able to drop a 2nd Speed Boots drop.

This I know some are thinking will affect quests, but I disagree with any who sets that claim, as most quests only require 1 or 2 of any one item to complete the requirement to finish a quest.

In short, set a limiter on the items allowed in possession by the player, I know this can be done and that it isn't too hard to code, we get unlimited spawns again and all will be happy again for a time at least concerning this matter.

Thanks for reading, feedback is always welcomed and encouraged.

-DT
Added note I forgot to mention, I see alot of player complaints about "inflation" of players selling or trading items, there is a very simple solution for this matter, if you don't like the asking price, offer your preferred price to pay, if the seller declines your offer, move on, the more players that deny sellers their higher asking price, the lower the seller will have to go, you can't make money of no one is willing to pay your asking price.

In short, the players/buyers control the inflation, not the sellers.
+1 Like em both Not often I quote an entire post!
I really like this idea, perhaps the item possession cap could be decided from it's drop rate? For example, if it has a 1/1000 drop you can hold 4-5 of these items, 1/500 drop rate could be a 10-15 item possession limit amount etc, ideas? If one wanted to further dive into this, this could be the cap could be timer based, (if limit is reached in 24 hours, can't get any more drops etc).
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Most don't know how I was when I first arrived in the land of Forgotten Tales, but recently I was away from game for 90 days, in that timr I had many days to reflect on those days of yesteryear, and I have decided to go back to that DwarfTank as it's overall better for the game and all who play.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
DwarfTank

Post by DwarfTank »

Thanks to those that have expressed their support in these new ideas of mine, and to those who may but haven't already.

I just want this game to get back to the days I remember when I first began playing FT. Together we can make it happen.
DwarfTank-lvl2270(Legendary Player)
ShadowHood-lvl2662
"You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make one think."Kal-Not:2986BH
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

DwarfTank wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:37 pm Thanks to those that have expressed their support in these new ideas of mine, and to those who may but haven't already.

I just want this game to get back to the days I remember when I first began playing FT. Together we can make it happen.
Now there's a post that I really like the sound of.
I am always AFK!
terminator

Post by terminator »

Idea of the formula came thanks to MadManiac.

Here is another idea for a formula to have as a possible drop limit.

(((Monster_Level/Player_Level)+1/(Player_Level/(1.5*Monster_Level)))*Current Drop Rate = New Drop Rate

For example,

A player with the same level as the monster would have a 250% drop buff. A player double the monster level would have a 125% Buff. A player 4x the level of the monster would have a 37% drop rate nerf however. There would be a cap limit say at 300% buff, so that a player level 1 would get 100% or more drop chance.
Terminator-2000+() archer
Terminator3-85()dwarf
Terminator4-175()Mage
xMortalZ-227 Dwarf
My quest is to promote the future and prevent ill history from repeating itself.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Code: Select all

ID: 78 Name: Red Monster / Red Cyclop (lvl 100)
Drop: 0,1% Odin’s Helm (237)
Not a math guru here so using the Red monster as an example, how would that work for players of the following levels, some obvious ly are just "numbers" as I doubt a 25 or 50 could:

I am always AFK!