Are you there?

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Leone

Are you there?

Post by Leone »

What a fantastic addition. Here's my suggestion: make it twice an hour and keep the random times.

Let's make life as difficult as possible for afk autoclickers.
LostKnight

Re: Are you there?

Post by LostKnight »

Not sure I agree with twice an hour, but definitely random times.

for example at: HH:51 then calculate a RN and there is a possibility of HH:02 that would give the impression of much more often. ;)
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
NightBaby

Post by NightBaby »

I like the twice per hour idea. Most times when I'm on I have netflix on in the background.
Each episode of my show is roughly 40 mins or so, and I usually avoid the AFK checker when I log every 40 mins to switch episodes...
Maybe 2-3 times per hour is better? I don't see why it would be a problem at all. You can still move, attack, and type while its there. As long as you click the green check within 30 seconds, you'll be fine tbh.
Does life really get better?
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Anyone who is paying attention shouldn't have an issue as you have 30 seconds to respond.

When I first heard the button would be in different locations I thought that meant along the sides and top of the box as well. Why not?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

SellSword wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:33 am When I first heard the button would be in different locations I thought that meant along the sides and top of the box as well. Why not?
Different shapes and colors, too. Add an image of the button in the message, similar to quest log, to confuse color/shape detection programs. Make it as hard as possible to have a bot detect it.
Omnes Autem Uri
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:43 am
SellSword wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:33 am When I first heard the button would be in different locations I thought that meant along the sides and top of the box as well. Why not?
Different shapes and colors, too. Add an image of the button in the message, similar to quest log, to confuse color/shape detection programs. Make it as hard as possible to have a bot detect it.
+1

Frequency of Pop-up means nothing to a bot than can bypass it easily via motion/color/pattern recognition. Quality not quantity of checks is how you break them. Even that doesn't guarantee you'll stop them though.

I've seen bots bypass randomized colors/times/shapes/patterns/locations of popups and/or loot dropped, navigate mazes, solve trivia, math problems, odd-one-out puzzles, invincible mobs you have to talk to a certain way to get to leave (or have to run away from no matter what or else you'll die), some take it as far as being able to also defend in PvP or at least get away to a safe zone.

Plus more, I couldn't possibly remember them all over the 15+ years of playing MMO games. One in particular I used to play often eventually gave up and just hired / paid off the most successful bot maker after spending over a decade and millions of dollars taking them (and a few others) to court only to have someone else pick up the slack just a little while later.

Some people don't care to play the game, they just wanna be able to beat everybody else and satisfy their superiority complex (compensating for something meow :roll: ) even if it requires cheating to do so.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Or different questions - and the answer is "important:

Code: Select all

Are you there?
- The answer is "check" or Y whatever colour
- Green Y or Check
- Red X
- Yellow O
-OR-
- Yellow Y or Yellow Check
- Green X
- Red O

Code: Select all

Are you AFK?
= The answer is "X" or "N" whatever colour
- Red Y or Red Check
- Yellow X or Yellow N
- Green O
-OR-
- Yellow Y or Yellow Check
- Green X or Green N
- Red O

The Letter " O " could be random Letters as well - just not "X", "N" or "Y"

Another one:
Is today Tue? (on a Fri) = [Yes] - [No] - [Maybe]
Is today Tue? (on a Tue) = [Yes] - [No] - [Maybe]

And the "click to confirm boxes" are at different locations around the border.

Agree with Cash - RE: Time; Quality not Quantity.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Nyaon

Post by Nyaon »

I am not against AFK checks.
It may be a bit disturbing but necessary.
However, some troubles occurred during the play.

First, there is a case where the check button overlaps the cursor button (right) when playing with the phone facing sideways.
There are times when you can not check because the cursor key reacts even if you tap to check.
While tapping many times to check, the avatar will continue to move to the right.
I will continue to progress into many enemies.

And second. To avoid this situation, I changed the phone from horizontal to vertical.
It's amazing!
AFK check itself disappeared!
And he was forcibly logged out!

I think that AFK check is necessary, so I will not oppose the system itself, but I think it is a problem if it seems to be an obstacle to the play itself.
Can you bring the check button a little closer to the middle of the screen?
Or is it possible to prevent the AFK check from disappearing even if you move the phone from landscape to portrait?
ImageIn country in the east, the cat calls "nyaon".
Leone

Post by Leone »

That's strange, but it's good to read your report. I've never had any of the problems you mention with the 'are you there?' function, and to my knowledge, no-one else has reported.

Is it an issue with your device? Perhaps others could advise here.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I usually play with my phone horizontal and haven't had any issues with the placement of the X. It is random, so it will move around to other spots and should not always be above the joystick at least.

As for the disappearing check moving from horizontal to vertical goes I haven't ever tried that with the afk check, but have done that with a trade screen causing it to disappear. Same thing with a friend message. It could be that the mechanics are somewhat the same.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.