Marketplace

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

ryaca_

Re: Marketplace

Post by ryaca_ »

Cashew is correct.

This would be a developers nightmare for a game this size. Would probably require new devices also and possibly a new game engine.

Just the chat wall that would be moving so fast that no one could read it would be a nightmare. I have seen that in other games that I have played that have a market place and it makes me shake my head that I cannot read all the spam chat going on and that those developers are ok with that.

Players would all be typing at the same time.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Why would anyone be chatting ? You place items into your sale slots and go play game...no chat neccesary. Would be different if it was an auction house...im proposing a place item(with price youre trying to get) and go...you just come back randomly to see if its sold..

Auction houses would require too much chat and no game time.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

EDIT: Already mentioned

But the other part still applies, a coding nightmare.

I hurd that item "stacking" in a trade was up to 20 for apparently like a week but got removed due to complications of items being dropped then lost when there wasn't enough space in the inventory. Idk if that was real reason ofc, but it was what I was told.

Not sure why the flow of commands wasn't changed from :

Check invy space, any item there is no space for = drop

to

Check invy space, any item there is no space for = trade cancel, pop-up saying you/other player doesn't have enough inventory space.

But oh well, guess that must have been too complicated. Until any other changes I'll just spam click up to 4 of an item and do 15-20 individual trades. With practice it ain't THAT hard, just slightly annoying and overly complex/time consuming.
Last edited by Cashew on Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

There are still other issues with how this idea is, just a few would be:

Sell limit (especially only 5 lol) discourages selling materials in bulk, already hard enough to find people willing to gather and sell due to how big of a pain in the *hiss* it is to do so now, this will make it worse.

No buy limit allows monopolizing of items by simply buying up any offers lower than yours and re-adding them at a higher price.

Need to be able to put in "buy" offers as well.

Don't completely replace it with trading, otherwise transferring for others / between alts will become nearly impossible / bigger pain in the *hiss* than it is now.

No longer could sell item for item if regular trading removed.

No fee per transaction would make it so the entire "Market" is filled with junk/spam/beggar offers (fish for millions/billions).

Fee per transaction will make all items go up in price to counteract the fee. Albiet annoying, this would have more pros than cons so would not be against it, although I'd still rarely use either way.

Just to name a few, I could add more but tbh this post is already long enough.

The idea in itself is good (many games have it) but so many limitations would strangle it to death.

Plus again, the potential monetary gain would be easily bypassed just creating an alt and leveling it to 5 to prevent deletion.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Cashew wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:16 pm I hurd that item "stacking" in a trade was up to 20 for apparently like a week but got removed due to complications of items being dropped then lost when there wasn't enough space in the inventory. Idk if that was real reason ofc, but it was what I was told.
It was glorious for regular players, but something with the process allowed for item duplication during trades. This led to a rather massive bug abuse situation, and in many ways FT is still feeling the impacts.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Cashew

Post by Cashew »

SellSword wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:43 pm

It was glorious for regular players, but something with the process allowed for item duplication during trades. This led to a rather massive bug abuse situation, and in many ways FT is still feeling the impacts.
I figured there was more to it than what I was told, but oh well.

Insert lemonade proverb ;)
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Lestat wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:51 pm Why would anyone be chatting ? You place items into your sale slots and go play game...no chat neccesary. Would be different if it was an auction house...im proposing a place item(with price youre trying to get) and go...you just come back randomly to see if its sold..

Auction houses would require too much chat and no game time.
Because the title of this thread is market place. Any market place I've seen in any other mmo has tons of chat going on at the marketplace. Tons of chat.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

First problem is that you would need several mechanics I've not seen in FT for this. Search capability, item identifiers, etc. Thats not counting the interfaces that would need made to allow this market to exist. Maybe the old trade interface could be recycled into a suitable method of buying/selling items there.
Second problem is the idea of seeing prices. Not a good idea. Blind offers better. Offer what you think it's worth. If anyone is selling for same or less, you get the item. If not, your "buy offer" sits and waits until someone comes along and sells the item. Spam sold items won't matter, bc you won't see them unless you search for such. The server could even send a notification to you in a message that an item sold.
Third problem is location. Where can we put this without it interfering in regular gameplay? The unused colosseum map? It's in a city, must be over 20 to enter (lowers the number of spam alts), and could easily be made a totally non-PvP zone (as seen during spawn parties of long ago). As long as the player houses currently there aren't interfered with, why not?

Thoughts?
Omnes Autem Uri
Leone

Post by Leone »

Let's start with the concept. Trading needs improving.

I like lestats idea. Yes,, there are problems, yes we all need to deliberate them but the idea is sound.

I like MM's analysis and agree. Let's think of solutions.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I am in read mode ... obviously not having a clue.

Ideas are nice - implementing them a nightmare looks like and form comments about other games not particularly something I'd be happy to see.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.