Marketplace

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Gullander

Re: Marketplace

Post by Gullander »

The voice missing from this thread is compbatant. I would like a definite answer what can or cannot be done or what can be done but he may not be willing to do. This among other issues get tossed around and around with good ideas and counter ideas but at least visibly no response from the person who can code and make the changes. I feel sorry sometimes that players make ideas but get whittled away by all the comments and compbatants voice is silent. It reminds me of government arguing and debating without actually seeing change because the person who signs it into law is non responsive. We all lead busy lives I understand that but a comment doesn't take a lot of time. I would rather get the bad news if there is some than have everyone circle the field thinking a landing spot on these issues is possible.
Retired
ryaca_

Post by ryaca_ »

Gullander wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:28 pm The voice missing from this thread is compbatant. I would like a definite answer what can or cannot be done or what can be done but he may not be willing to do. This among other issues get tossed around and around with good ideas and counter ideas but at least visibly no response from the person who can code and make the changes. I feel sorry sometimes that players make ideas but get whittled away by all the comments and compbatants voice is silent. It reminds me of government arguing and debating without actually seeing change because the person who signs it into law is non responsive. We all lead busy lives I understand that but a comment doesn't take a lot of time. I would rather get the bad news if there is some than have everyone circle the field thinking a landing spot on these issues is possible.
Wish in one hand...
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Gull Now there's a well said, well thought out post if where there was one.

The silence of compbatant leaves a very negative feeling. IMHO.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Agreed on that. I read a lot on the forum and it is rare for compbatant to weigh in on a topic.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

When i comment about ideas from other games, it is with systems similar ro what players want, and have been very successful elsewhere. Much of the idea i referred to on a working marketplace was, in fact, found in another MMORPG. However, ideas that take FT away from being FT are the ones to avoid. "Class imbalance", for example, could only be negated by giving everyone every class. That would destroy FT being FT. Bad idea. A market concept that worked in another game wouldn't hurt FT, and would provide a much needed buffer against scammers. Comp will see this thread. I'm gonna try to make sure of that.
Omnes Autem Uri
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:45 pm Comp will see this thread. I'm gonna try to make sure of that.
That would be awesome. Had a discussion with friends before about whether it is helpful or annoying to pull out threads where the same ideas have been brought up multiple times. This is far from the first time this suggestion (and many similar to it) has come up on this issue (as well as other "recent" suggestions), but if something finally comes of a good idea I'm all for it.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

+2
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.