Pet Suggestion - New concept

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

LostKnight

Pet Suggestion - New concept

Post by LostKnight »

It has been said that pets are followers.... BUT ... always a but huh, that is not always the case and at sometimes actually get underfoot and stop "me" from going where I "tapped" to go.

Tap to move: too often the pets lead the way.

Well, excuse me, but I'm playing my character, not my pets. When I click on a door to enter a tower (King's Garden for example), I want my "character" to go to that door, BUT sometimes, like just before this post that actually, finally, prompted this post, I had to click on the door 3 times. Yes, 3 times because a pet would lead the way, would meet an obstruction and move in front of me and I'd stop and the pet keeps on going. Then both pets "block" the door!

I can hear DaHobbit now: "Don't block the door!"

So here's a novel concept, a new idea - lets make pets "follow" the character a person is playing when using "tap to move", exactly the same as if using the d-pad. And if I click on a door and meet and obstacle, react just like pets or I would do if I had no pets, I expect to walk around that obstacle and reach the door with pets "following me".

When using the joystick (digital d-pad) this is never a problem pets follow.

Call to compbatant: Doable?
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Humble_M

Re: Pet Suggestion - New concept

Post by Humble_M »

+1
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
Leone

Post by Leone »

It is strange that there are the two systems.

Good idea.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

On one hand, i agree totally. It's a pain when I'm using tap-walk going places. On the other, there are actually times i prefer this effect. Can place my pets wherever i like without having to walk all the way there.
I support this change, but can we set it to toggle in settings, similar to tap-walk amd joystick?
Omnes Autem Uri
Blackbetty

Post by Blackbetty »

The worst is when changing maps and pets or rocks block then you end up back a map that's a bit annoying
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Blackbetty wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:09 pm The worst is when changing maps and pets or rocks block then you end up back a map that's a bit annoying
That's mostly a function of the new-ish "fake borders" that have you enter and exit maps a few spaces from the true/visual border. Buy, yes, annoying.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.