Purchasable Gold - Increase Amount

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Purchasable Gold - Increase Amount

Post by SellSword »

Currently 100k of gold can be purchased for $1.49 US from the game store.

A standard skin can be purchased from the game store for the same price. Players routinely sell these skins within the game for between 500m and 1b gold depending on the seller. I won't quibble with whatever anyone says an average price is, but for the same price a player can get roughly 500-1000 more gold by selling items.

I think the amount of gold purchased for real money should be increased. WARBRINGER proposed in mChat to increase the amount of purchasable gold to 100m-1b. I think closer to the 1b mark would be appropriate. This may prompt additional sales which would be good for the game.

By no means am I the first to make this suggestion.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Re: Purchasable Gold - Increase Amount

Post by Syor »

Ohhhhh yeeeeees
I want propose this idea.

Your words are true.

I thing nothing buy 100k gold at 1.49

At 1. 49 1b
At 3.00 2.5b

I like this change.

Sorry for my English. I don't use translate now. 😜
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Leone

Post by Leone »

There is an imbalance and it's not caught up with the relative price of things you can buy at 0, 0 or the historical ease in which the ability to gain gold has increased since we've had better pets and different quest rewards.

I wonder if this is deliberate in part, to prevent hyper-inflation of gold?

Having said that, the real money price definitely does not match the ingame value.
WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Finally someone has mirrored my thoughts! :D
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

WARBRINGER wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:38 am Finally someone has mirrored my thoughts! :D
I really just stole your thoughts and made a thread! ;)
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

I agree that is a ridiculous amount of gold for real money, if it exists it should be changed. But I also agree with a sense of caution about it. Complaints have come how this is becoming or is a pay to win game (just echoing what has been posted on the forum). For those who can't buy anything with real money for this game it could alter the trading dynamics. If 2b gold can be gotten for the same real money price of a pet why then go through the hassle of buying a pet and sitting at 0.0 to sell it? Something to think about as it could create a shortage. Purchasing 1b gold for $1.49 would be tempting indeed and save hours of mining and crafting to make gold and make those with more limited time get things done faster which would increase playing enjoyment. Still I wonder if having a rich uncle you can tap whenever you need gold is the best option when so many do not have a rich uncle too.
Retired
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

And then there's the flip side of the coin.

The "no credit card" player who cannot buy things.

From me: Drop the gold purchase entirely. I'm sure no one it buying it as seen in the posts above selling a pet gets more gold.

make it higher amount and "in-game purchases" of pets, backpacks etc drop to 0

Selling a pet means people who can not $$ purchase one can still generate $$ purchases by paying game gold.

OK probably a very unpopular idea but there it is anyway.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Honestly, dropping the gold purchase entirely would probably be the better option. I imagine that sales of gold are much slower than other items, and of those sales players not being aware of the value may be a larger percentage than one would hope. It would be protecting the naive I suppose.

An alternate option would be an increase, but not so that it is similar to the "gold value" of other purchasable items. An increase to even just 10m (yes, ten) would still multiply the value enormously while it would not be similar to what players would get from other purchases. Call it the "less of a bad deal" option there.
TangledSwerve

Post by TangledSwerve »

I'd say just remove it as a buyable altogether. Purchase of gold is quick way to completely overinflate game economy to ridiculous proportions.
Leone

Post by Leone »

I would be interested to find out the last time anyone purchased gold for real money. I speculate that it wasn't a recent transaction.