Reconsider Building Level Caps

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Reconsider Building Level Caps

Post by SellSword »

Has it always been the case where both sieges and attacks (weapon and magic) have done damage to builds?

If all damage has been allowed since the start and was not considered much of an issue back then it could be that higher levels of players are partially to blame. Back to the level/xp type of argument where high levels weren't seen as realistic early on and something wasn't done to fix it when it should have been fixed.

Basically, what has changed where this is considered a problem now and wasn't several years ago?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Years ago, builds had no level cap and 1500 was considered hi level. If a player could withstand more than one or two hits from 1k towers, it was almost amazing.. now most mages destroying towers are almost 1/3 or more higher level than the towers.

Back in "the day" so to speak, noone could actually attack any builds, and if they did, they did basically no damage. Now the tides have turned. The towers damage can be overrun with masses and mages can do higher damage than seiges.

Seiges have undergone a few changes also since they were made. As the game has evolved and players have gotten stronger, things also need to change.

Towers were given a cap to stop clans from not being able to be destroyed because player levels were low. Now its reversed, player levels can far exceed the tower level and in some cases could do more damage than the tower.
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

WARBRINGER wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:42 pm A few years ago now, buildings had no limit, as far as I'm aware, in how high a level they could be. Then the 2850 level cap was introduced, which was all well and good, considering it took an awful lot of effort to take down a fully levelled building. But now with the invasion of map (2,2), it's evident that a fully levelled building can be destroyed within a day, and if you ask me that seems completely unfair. I propose that either something be done to control this land-grabbing behaviour or that the level cap be upped to 5000. Thoughts? :|
Un torre se puede tumbar en un día.
También se puede levantar a 2850 en un día.
Shadow009

Post by Shadow009 »

It already takes alot time and material to build a capped building. But I agree that buildings lvl 2850 are much too weak. Either they should simply get more str (and hp) or sieges should be the only thing being able to damage a building since mages are overpowered in more than one way. I loved building. I still love it for probably 4 years now. But I'm getting sick of people being able to destroy CAPPED builds within a day. This is definitely not fair. If nothing changes then I will stop building.

It seems to me that alot of people are tired of building and healing already. If nothing changes there will be only rus controlled clan maps left. And nobody will be able to build a clan, none of the new clans coming, no old clans.

WE NEED A QUICK FIX.

Greets
If you ever need help, write me.

Live - Laugh - Love - Loyality ♡

Your Shadow will always be with you, even if unseen in the dark.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

If the current situation is something that wasn't foreseen when the limits/mechanics went into effect I'd start with that as a reason to look at it. All sorts of things need to be adjusted after they are implemented, even if years down the road.

The specifics of any actual change would naturally raise quite the ruckus!
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Shadow009

Post by Shadow009 »

Goodluck 2.2, goodluck anyone that trys to fight vs the well known bullys, bug abusers and cheaters. There won't be any change in time. 2.2 is lost. Sad but true. I'm not going to watch a loved map getting wrecked into pieces. I'm out. Goodbye map, goodbye FT.

Only fix I could imagine that could actually work is NO DAMAGE BY ANYTHING ELSE THAN SEIGES/CATS and seiges just skill and ability related so your dmg isn't lvl related!! This would allow clans to be able to heal again or even have a CHANCE defending.

Anything else is useless. Anyways, I won't keep wasting my time.

Greets

El.Menda

Post by El.Menda »

Shadow009 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:15 pm Goodluck 2.2, goodluck anyone that trys to fight vs the well known bullys, bug abusers and cheaters. There won't be any change in time. 2.2 is lost. Sad but true. I'm not going to watch a loved map getting wrecked into pieces. I'm out. Goodbye map, goodbye FT.

Only fix I could imagine that could actually work is NO DAMAGE BY ANYTHING ELSE THAN SEIGES/CATS and seiges just skill and ability related so your dmg isn't lvl related!! This would allow clans to be able to heal again or even have a CHANCE defending.

Greets
Esto también es chat apropiado ?
Matones, abusadores, etc etc...... Que bien
Leone

Post by Leone »

Shadow009 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:15 pm Goodluck 2.2, goodluck anyone that trys to fight vs the well known bullys, bug abusers and cheaters. There won't be any change in time. 2.2 is lost. Sad but true. I'm not going to watch a loved map getting wrecked into pieces. I'm out. Goodbye map, goodbye FT.

Greets
Shadow. Read your footer. You don't strike me as the type who would give up.
Shadow009

Post by Shadow009 »

Just for this actual war I've been fighting since summer to save 2.2, logging daily for the most time. Did it change a thing? No, map is still breaking apart. Will there ever be a change? Yea, when map is destroyed there won't be a need to defend anymore. I lived for that map. Won't watch it dieing slowly.

WARBRINGER

Post by WARBRINGER »

Shadow009 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:58 pm Just for this actual war I've been fighting since summer to save 2.2, logging daily for the most time. Did it change a thing? No, map is still breaking apart. Will there ever be a change? Yea, when map is destroyed there won't be a need to defend anymore. I lived for that map. Won't watch it dieing slowly.
Which is the exact reason I made this post, because it is NOT RIGHT for them to be able to take it over with such ease. The map is breaking apart because of how unbalanced the game is, both in mechanics and in how many high-level accounts they use, a large portion of which are mages. In my opinion, the damage done by sieging should be limited, and maybe dependant on how many are being used, and mages should NOT be able to attack buildings. Something needs to be done :roll:
WARBRINGER [raw][Very Hungry Ogre]
BlackBows [rod][Archer]
Echoes :twisted: [Duke of NTL][Sword]
Black Rose [AD][Mage]