Skill Tree FT

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

_NICKPAN_

Skill Tree FT

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

Intro
So a Skill Tree in FT would bring alot of new Playstyles for players to choose from, players would be able to either play the supporting role in clan wars or the basic attacker role, FT now with the current skills and PvP system is limited to only a few playstyles, i think all of us veteran players know them, come on you have also been a Stunner Runner with a lower level account, or a Heal Blocker, or just the Full ARM guy who tanks everythink. Unless you play Mage and go full mana and have to think strategically to either heal or attack, counting the enemy's Damage Per Second, well, you actually do it but you don't know you are doing it. Anyways i got too deep. :D
My point is that a FT Skill Tree will change the game ALOT, like, alot. I'm not the one that knows what the skill tree must look like, i'm the one to motivate everyone to work on it with me, spreading ideas here and there and the creator with the help of us and maths. Will make a ballanced skill tree for each class that will allow players to enjoy the PvP.
of course i will post a few Skills that will make PvP interesting, without alot of numbers, i'm not very good at maths but i know a thing or two.
Skill Tree is actually possible on programming side as far i know, and the creator is looking forward to add it on FT, and not only OV ;)

Skill Tree
Alot of us have played games with Skill Trees, if not, you can google a few.
I think we have to take it step by step.

First, skills have to be possible on programming side. And 0 bugs. It's OK if we face a few bugs, trust me, every single game out there have those. But with feedback and reports creator will fix them (and abusers on will of course get punished don't try anything stupid ;) )

Second, skill tree also needs graphics (new skills might need too), creator of course will do that part, or someone will help him.

Third, we have to keep in mind that skills should NOT only be afew active skills, like +50 damage, +50 resist, burn enemy and blah blah.
Be creative. BUT WATCH STEP 1 (don't make skills like You start flying and equip a flame throwing shooting butterflies with dragon wings that teleport the target to another planet for few seconds). Don't try to make your main class OP and think what would be ballanced for every class. First the idea, after the maths.
Personally, on my quick and temporary skill tree i made to show you, i've put some Stats. For example before you hit to unlock the first active skill, you unlock and choose +5 str or arm or dex. We can also add Passives, even though i didn't on this version.
EXAMPLE PASSIVE SKILL FOR ARCHER
Archer gain increased attack speed (+5%) every second he is attacking, stacks max 5 times. (up to +25%)

NICKPAN's Skills Ideas Version 1.0
NOTE- I didn't add Mage yet, because Mage is a part i want to look more into, because it is working different with spells.
i will include mage on my later Version of my FT Skill Tree

Swordsman-
Eagle Eye (100% hit chance for a few seconds)
Fire Hit (next hit apply *Burn to the target)
Freeze Hit (next hit stuns the target)
Shield Cover (user gains *Defensive)
Lumberjack (user gains +2 woodcutting speed level for a few seconds)

Archer-
Quickdraw (user gains double attack speed for a few seconds)
Fire Hit (next hit apply *Burn to the target)
Freeze Hit (next hit stuns the target)
Spiky Arrow (next hit apply *Bleeding to the target)
Sniper (user gains double range for his next 5 attacks)

Dwarf-
Fury (user attacks all enemies surrounding you at the same time for a few seconds)
Sprint (user gains +2 walking speed)
Double Axe Hit (next hit apply *Bleeding and stuns the target for a few seconds)
Miner (user gains +2 mining speed level for a few seconds)

Ogre-
Rage (user gains double STR for a few seconds)
Heavy Attack (next hit reduce target's 25% current health and stuns him for a few seconds)
Bloodthirster (25% of damage dealt gained as self heal for a few seconds)
Fisherman (user gains +2 fishing speed level for a few seconds)

EFFECTS
that i have to note what they are doing
*Burn= Target loses 30% of his current health

*Bleeding= Target loses 2% of his max health every second for a few seconds

*Defensive= User gains 50% reduced damage from ALL sources that are in a range >2units (and building) but deals 75% reduced damage for a few seconds

These skills are not all so creative, but i wanted to make simple and easy to understand skills on my first version. So people will take ideas and be motivated to work too.
My next Skills and Skill Tree versions will probably come next year, because i will be busy these days.
But i won't stop thinking and writing down my ideas and thoughts.
Last edited by _NICKPAN_ on Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Boo
_NICKPAN_

Re: Skill Tree FT

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

NICKPAN's Skill Tree Idea Version 1.0
SAD means Str Arm Dex<br />I'M REALLY SORRY ARTISTS xD i know i'm bad at drawing.
SAD means Str Arm Dex
I'M REALLY SORRY ARTISTS xD i know i'm bad at drawing.
skilltreeft.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 4261 times
Numbers shows where an Active Skill would be.
My idea is that you level up and unlock a step of the skill tree every 20 levels.
lvl 20 unlocks +5 stats permanent stats. you choose one
lvl 40 unlocks first active skill
lvl 60 unlocks second active skill but this time you choose a path.
lvl 80 unlocks +10 permanent stats. you choose one again on your path.
lvl 100 unlocks last and third active skill.
Now on my later versions i will work on, i will write what skill each number is. im thinking left path is offensive and right path defensive skills.
Also i will work on Passives and add them too.

I'm trying to be as simple as i can. Sorry for any confusion.
Boo
Wooooooman

Post by Wooooooman »

Lol this man so cool
i m change
theking

Post by theking »

Las habilidades están bien como están no vayan a fastidiar las habilidades como cuando nos quitaron nivel. menos habilidades y mas mapas nuevos o más atender a la gente que necesita ayuda
theking (mage) lvl 6000🧙‍♂️
jaironerja (arch) lvl 4002🏹
thekingdwf(dwarf) lvl 160⛏️
zaape (swordman) lvl 100🗡️
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Here are some other threads on the topic. Right now I'm not sure what crossover ideas there are, but maybe some things to roll over to this round of suggestions.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16313

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16414
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

there should be a group of skills to chose from...both offensive and defensive..for each group...and have it divided into more of a class structure instead...for example sword chooses path of paladin or warrior each with its own grouping of skills. paladin would be higher defensive and warrior higher attack.
archer could go sniper(higher range less defense) or hunter (higher attack and defence with less range)
orge could be tank(high defence) or slaughter(hi crit)
dwarf could be beserker(attack) or guardian(defence)
mage could be wizard(hi attack with lower heal) or bishop (lower attack but higher heal)

give each "class" a group of 6 skills to choose from with 4 available for use. this will lower carried pots to be usable, but give each person the ability to customize according to play style. one class is chosen you cannot go back. this would make stat development more neccesary and promote more group style play. would also help balance the OP mage.. they wouldnt have high heal and massive damage, they would have to choose one style over the other. would also give dwarf a pvp style
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Leone

Post by Leone »

I think in each case there should be the option to have a more balanced character - offensive and defensive skills shared more or less equally.

Also, the passive skills (trades?) could be thought about? Maybe a different thread, but there is one class than suffers terribly at crafting (swordsman) and this current idea may address that.
_NICKPAN_

Post by _NICKPAN_ »

About Trade Affinity

This can also be REWORKED and changed on a new Skill Tree:

If a player loves Building but also loves to be a Swordsman, why he have to suffer and choose one of these two? (swordsman is bad on building right now)
With the Skill Tree he will build his own path on choosing his playstyle on other stuff than PvP too!

For example the player will have the possibility to either choose have abit of speed on all trade affinities.
Or go for super fast miner and slow everything else (of course his trade affinity level and tool will boost the speed too).
It's up to his skill tree path and won't change. (unless there is a Skill Tree reset option with real money purchases).
Boo
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Removing the current affinity system and replacing it with a skill tree that rewards some skills at the cost of others would be EXCELLENT. Gain build, or siege, but lose affinity on the other. Mining or chopping? Do you prefer to fish gear or craft it? This has potential...

I say it like this because we all already know that a skill tree reset will be purchasable, just as in OV.
Omnes Autem Uri
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

Lestat wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:14 pm there should be a group of skills to chose from...both offensive and defensive..for each group...and have it divided into more of a class structure instead...for example sword chooses path of paladin or warrior each with its own grouping of skills. paladin would be higher defensive and warrior higher attack.
archer could go sniper(higher range less defense) or hunter (higher attack and defence with less range)
orge could be tank(high defence) or slaughter(hi crit)
dwarf could be beserker(attack) or guardian(defence)
mage could be wizard(hi attack with lower heal) or bishop (lower attack but higher heal)

give each "class" a group of 6 skills to choose from with 4 available for use. this will lower carried pots to be usable, but give each person the ability to customize according to play style. one class is chosen you cannot go back. this would make stat development more neccesary and promote more group style play. would also help balance the OP mage.. they wouldnt have high heal and massive damage, they would have to choose one style over the other. would also give dwarf a pvp style
added to previous

make affinity as a passive skill with the following choices

craft...this gives a small boost to drop rate from mobs,mid boost to mine,chop,high boost to craft,but takes away from hammer,fish and seige

builder...this gives a small boost to fish, a mid boost to mine,chop, and a high boost to hammer but gives nor takes from drop rate,takes from craft and seige

seiger. this gives high boost to seige but takes from mine,chop,fish and gives no change to drop or hammer
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-