Skill Tree FT

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

SellSword

Re: Skill Tree FT

Post by SellSword »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:34 pm Removing the current affinity system and replacing it with a skill tree that rewards some skills at the cost of others would be EXCELLENT. Gain build, or siege, but lose affinity on the other. Mining or chopping? Do you prefer to fish gear or craft it? This has potential...
A few great suggestions in this thread here. There are a variety of skill tree types to think about with affinities as an interesting wrinkle of sorts.

Personally, if we would need to choose 3 of the 6 affinities to strengthen I'd prefer being able to steer away from clan affinities entirely if possible. (PvP too, but that's not an adfinity.) I have never gained a single build or siege point and don't plan on that changing, and there are plenty of others like that as well. I'd gladly take extra points in anything else that's an alternative to those two.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Syor

Post by Syor »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17255&p=119781#p119781

I also proposed something to add skills by completing a complete set of equipment.But he was ignored 😭
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Syor

Post by Syor »

However I am always in favor of personalizing my character.
So I am in favor of:

Keep the 3 class skills as they are now, without changing them.
Add to the next levels 1 choice skill of 3, eg paladin, massacre, etc. Etc. As proposed above
At the highest levels, choose the 5 permanent ability to choose between 2 related to the fourth.

So everyone develops their own game in a way that is more inherent to their fun.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ Lestat

aaaaa finally you have put it in a way I can understand ... ty
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Syor

Post by Syor »

I'm trying to create a skill tree.
But it is not easy. It's very difficult
Too many skills to invent, lots of them.
Now I have almost finished the dwarf also following the ideas I took in this post.

Publish ideas on ideas that the big boss likes the initiative. 's take advantage 😁😁😁
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
justj99

Post by justj99 »

Because of many posts here and elsewhere in the forum, I started thinking about what to do with a skill tree recently. I'm sure that some of these ideas have been mentioned in the forum in one way or another (some many times), but some are new also (I think). My intent is not to steal the other good ideas, but to include them in the idea of the skill tree. I'm working on ideas for paths for each class still. There are a lot ways to approach creating a skill tree. Create different paths/sub-classes for each class, create similar skills that each class can use, like a version of the fire skills, etc. I'd love to hear a bit more feedback on which type of direction people think class skill trees should go. While I try to make up my mind and reinvent the wheel, I have the following ideas for the start of the skill tree. Some similar ideas, like the flexibility of trade skills, are even in this thread already, but I think many of us have thought of them. Anyway, let me know what you think of the below ideas:

Trade Affinities and Points:
- New players start with the current trade affinities. Currently, there are 6 total points pre-assigned to trades, I would split that up into 0.25 point increments. As an example, a sword has:
1.0 in Mining
1.25 in Woodcutting
1.0 in Fishing
0.75 in Crafting
0.5 in Building
1.5 in Sieging
---------------
6 total points

- The trade affinity points can be reset after a certain level. Resetting them will set them all to 0.5. The player can then use 12 points to set trade affinity as desired. Each point used will increase trade affinity by 0.25 up to the max of 1.5.
- Resetting affinity would not reset XP or level in trade skills.

Skill Points:
As I said, class skills are still in the brainstorming stage, but I came up with these skill tree enhancements so far.

General Skills: Can apply to all classes
  • Trades Master (12 points max): Each point used on the Trades Master skill can be used to increase a trade affinity (Mining, chopping, etc.) by 0.25 to the max of 1.5. Investing 12 points here lets you max out affinity for all skills.
  • Night Vision/Dark Vision/Infravision (x points max): Whatever you want to call it. Allows the player to see dark maps with increasing levels of clarity. I'm not sure how the code works, but if, say, full light is 100% and caves are 50%, then each point might be a 5% increase in light. Alternatively, this could be 1 point skill in awareness below if the idea as planned/implemented is different than what I'm thinking.
  • Eagle Eyed (5 points max): Each point to this skill lets the player zoom out by 1 more increment than current game max. Allows players to see those crazy pet killers coming a little bit sooner! Or to target enemies before they can be seen/targeted.
  • Fast Learner (10 points max): Each point used increases XP gained by 1% (max 10%).
  • Lucky (10 points max): This skill increases the chance for drops. I'm not sure on the calculation, but with max points, 0.01% could move to 0.1%, 0.1% to 1%, 1% or more doubles the drop chance. Not a straightforward calculation, but 0.01% to 0.02% doesn't feel like much, but 5% to 10% is a pretty big change. If straightforward is better, then max points doubling the drop chance is a nice improvement. Mob drops only.
  • First Aid (5 points max): This one is an active skill (push the button). Heal for max of 10% of the max hp of the person being healed. Works over time like a reverse Damage Over Time. Green blood drop instead of red can be used as the indicator. If the character has DOT or some other damaging effect, it would clear that as well. Each point used would add 1% to the heal.
  • Improved Awareness (x points max): This skill set has it's own sub skills.
    • Target Awareness (3 points max): Each point increases awareness per below:
      • 1. Lets you see if you are being targeted. The target symbol will appear on you. It works if a monster has you targeted. It also works for PvP, even before getting attacked.
      • 2. Lets you see if your pets are targeted. A target symbol will appear on them if they are targeted.
      • 3. Target symbols are displayed if targeted, but a dashed line is also displayed showing who or what is doing the targeting. Know that you're being targeted and the direction it's coming from before attack happens.
    • Pet Awareness (4 points max): Increases pet detection range by 1 for each level. Some pets can shoot farther than they can currently see. This would increase that. It could have drawbacks as melee pets with enhanced detection would run away sooner making set up either harder or easier if the player wants to tank. Use wisely!
    • Detect/Avoid Traps: If, in the future, a traps mechanism were put in the game, points could be added to this to help you detect and avoid them. You would see a red outline of the trapped area if you detect it. If you go into the trap or open a trapped door or chest, then you would have a chance to avoid the trap. It's possible some traps could still be made completely undetectable. 2% chance to detect/avoid per point used.
Class Tree Thoughts So Far:
Still brainstorming ideas on all the class trees, but I propose the following while I'm working on my ideas for that.

I have seen a lot of suggestions to remove the "freeze" type of class skills as they're not as useful as people would like. So, to even things out, I think the archer and sword freeze skills should be removed. A "frost arrow" item should be added to the shops with throwing knives, axes, etc. In addition, all of the freeze items should be usable on monsters. This lets the slower archer still freeze a monster to get away if he's prepared. If not, then not. It would be the same for all characters in this way. For PvP, it's similar, all can stun/unfreeze equally.

I've given some thought as to whether or not removing the slow spell in place of a "freeze/stun" item works in the same context for a mage, and I just can't quite make up my mind. Slow has been useful for me with mobs a million times, but it has drawbacks for mobs and in PvP.

Feedback is welcome. Either here or in PM if you prefer.
SK1976

Post by SK1976 »

I think for a NEW skill-tree-system its many years to late and to unfair for ALL players play this game not daily or not often.
The skill-tree is a good idea...SURELY,
but its many years to late !

SRY....not good !

Greetings...SK ;)
DUKE of SK-Clan
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

I don't see a skill tree as being too late. Someone who is level 3k or 8k or whatever would still get to choose skills.

I also think that holding off making improvements because things have always been done a certain way doesn't allow the game to grow or develop. Few people complain about things like being able to walk diagonally or having pets (your points still being duly noted MM) or getting quests added to the game when earlier players didn't have those things.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

It is certainly good to have ideas on the table as it keeps the game thriving.
merisajan

Post by merisajan »

i like fire skills Can you master the skill of fire Add for ferya?🙂
Active account 👇
Meri(axe)
Meri inred (mage) :mrgreen:
Danada ( bow) :lol:
Squirrelso (ogre) :D
Cherry (ogre) :)
Adre9aline (ogre) ;)
Bank account 👇