Increase pet performances

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Do you think developers should :

Rework pets stats
22%
Rework enemies stats
6%
The game is already perfect like you are
72%

Total votes: 18
Anthony

Increase pet performances

Post by Anthony »

Hi everybody,

Let's start this post by the beginning.

The fact that higher level monsters who give more xp, have low damage but higher health points forces us indirectly to use a pet that do a lot of damage but who doesn't need to have a lot of health points because the player can "tank" for the pets by the fact that the enemies don't do much damage.

My idea :

Here is a suggestion for an "equality" or more like a boost for the pets that we don't use a lot, this can be applied to buyable pets $ and for the pets already added inside the game.
It is a simple suggestion (to understand...) maybe harder for the creators to do.

This idea consist to add 2 (or more) levels per pet. These levels will give more health, dexterity and damage which depend of the stats of your pet.

We can take a great example :

Ogre Halfing do 22000 damage per sec and have 18000 health points.
Giant Lava Golem do 2800 damage per sec and have 200000 health points.
  • Note : Giant Lava Golem is supposed to be higher level than Ogre Halfing.

As I said, we only need a pet who do a lot of damage (with enough dexterity) because you can tank for your pet.
You understand in this case that the Giant Lava Golem is a little bit not useful in front of the Ogre Halfing for leveling up faster.

So if we had the system of levels per pet, the level 1 can propose that :

Ogre Halfing : +50 damage, +1500 hp, +2 dex
Giant Lava Golem : +1500 damage, +100 hp, +2 dex

And at each levels they will get a little boost and if I only proposed 3 levels it is because it can make bigger changements to grinding places if the levels continue to rise more.

This modification allows to :

• Change pets and grinding locations between the level 500-820, because at the moment you keep the same type of pets (Ogre Halfing humm huuum...)
  • Enjoy the game while you preparing food for your kids
  • Not to worry if your pets are in danger or not (Ogre Halfing humm huuum...)
  • Choose your way to level up as a focused gamer or a busy person
  • Multiply the places to grind for the players

Have a good day everybody. :D
Likes thick cats

Main account : Ticoq
SellSword

Re: Increase pet performances

Post by SellSword »

Anthony wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:18 pm This modification allows to :
  • Change pets and grinding locations between the level 500-820, because at the moment you keep the same type of pets (Ogre Halfing humm huuum...)
  • Enjoy the game while you preparing food for your kids
  • Not to worry if your pets are in danger or not (Ogre Halfing humm huuum...)
  • Choose your way to level up as a focused gamer or a busy person
  • Multiply the places to grind for the players
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you want to make it safer to play with pets while you ignore the game? Almost like grinding AFK is the goal. There are obviously some big issues with that.

This would also multiply the number of pet IDs in the game. Like if ogre halflings are XYZ you'd have to create XYZ-0, XYZ-1, XYZ-2... and up to however many levels pets could gain.

There are a few "pets" that are designed as quests (Resa, lost adventurer, amazon, 3 kings) and they'd have to be excluded from leveling or it would mess up quests. That is, pet XYZ is not the same as pet XYZ-1.

Even quests like delivering the spectre to Proditor or a giant bat to the magus could cause a hassle. How many people would go around with something like that and accidentally level it up? All of those things would require either a reset option or GM involvement.

The complaints about getting pets killed would increase. Complaints in general would probably increase as well.

I think any sort of boost would have to be much less than what you suggest. Taking a pet such as the giant lava golem with 2800 damage and adding 1500 more is a huge increase. I get that each level could be harder to get than for a character, but I personally think suggestions like that would need to be cut back.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Leone

Post by Leone »

If players gamble and take ogre halflings to places where they will die in one or two hits, then this high reward/high risk strategy is entirely their decision.

Don't want your pets to die quickly? Buy more resilient pets.

I'm afraid that I disagree with this proposal.
Humble_M

Post by Humble_M »

I agree with SellSword. Besides the points SellSword stated, what about the effects on PvP? I don't engage in PvP at all, but many players do. I can see the complaints getting in line already.

Also, I think you make a false claim that players will tank for their pets. I think it depends a lot on the player - level, gear, attribute point distribution, play style and goals, etc. For me, I have the worm pets and most times I let them do the "heavy" lifting while my player focuses on the peripheral monsters. Basically, my pets tank!

Last, and most important, how will the current GMs handle the extra workload associated with implementing anything like this? GMs time is already valuable, and this would just diminish it more.
It's good to be the king!
-- History of the World - Part I (1981)

username: Humble_M (Mage)
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

I have to agree with SellSword, Leone and Humble_M here.

Pets are designed to aide, but not grow with the player.
You level, you purchase new pets to suit your needs.

I tanked for my ranged pets: Staff Stans, Ghost Archers and Fairies other then that it is the other way around as Humble_M says, my worms do all the heavy work. Anxious to get the Bees!
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

This proposal would cause 2 main things which would cause problems for FT: More AFK leveling, and less $ due to fewer pets bought. Those 2 details alone are enough for me to vote no.
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

@ madmaniacal1

That probably the best way to put it. +1
I was always AFK!
I was LK, A Friendly Knight.
Lestat

Post by Lestat »

-100 this post..promotes afk..reduces cash inflow(which lowers game improvements) i see nothing positive to this
lestat / sword 1038
OgreLes / ogre 2001
Loco / archer 250
-ForKotu- / mage 1143
krampdtyl / dwarf 125
Duke clans ObeY, -OC-
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

That's why I proposed only 2 level for your pet to reach, that mean he can't "grow" with you because you can reach more than 2 levels in the game.

And no this idea doesn't promote afk grinding, you received a message to see if you are afk, also this 2 levels are not supposed to make your pet a "war machine" but make them a bit more useful by adding a little boost of the damage. Autospawn is a problem to afk grinding not a little boost of the pets.

A pet who have 18000 health and 22000 damage is ridiculous, and also you need to spend money to get them (or you can take 1 month to craft stuff and sell them so you can get your money and than you need to buy a pet with a random guy), and I think this promote a little bit spending money on the game.

This is not for the higher level pets who needs to require skills when leveling up, this is just for the level 500-820 zone.
Likes thick cats

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Lestat wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:31 am -100 this post..promotes afk..reduces cash inflow(which lowers game improvements) i see nothing positive to this
Cash inflow...

If more people play the game at don't get bored between level 500-820 more pets and skins can be sold.
Money increase is all about the player happiness not by making something expensive fragile so they will buy it again and again.
Likes thick cats