Adjust drop rates

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Storms7

Adjust drop rates

Post by Storms7 »

I believe that the drop rates are ridiculous. I should not have to camp out in a spot for weeks to get any drop. When the drop rates were first introduced into the game, FT did not have the different colored mobs implemented yet.

For any that have been around long enough to remember that it was some years ago that these mobs were introduced.

On top of that, if you have to kill a certain amount of mobs for a quest, these different colored mobs don't count towards that number.

I believe that when the different colored mobs were introduced, the drop rates should have been readjusted. I understand that drops should be somewhat hard to get but I play other online games where the drops are WAY easier to get and those game economies are fine and well balanced.

Also, some games have common, rare, unique, and legendary items that have different drop rates depending on the rarity of the item. It seems to me that FT's drop rates are all set for very rare and that doesn't seem right to me.

I know that there are a few items in FT that have easier drop rates but once you get higher level it seems that ALL drop rates are almost impossible to get.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Syor

Re: Adjust drop rates

Post by Syor »

It's true!!!
I myself wanted to make such a post.

At the first levels the drop is good, it allows you to buy equipment
But at high levels you can't afford even a helmet with the drop and it's not fair to make money only after spending real money.

I am very much in favor of increasing the drop percentages.

Kisses
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Leone

Post by Leone »

Absolutely in agreement, with the caveat that items aren't changed so they are *too* easy to drop, as it would remove the satisfaction of getting that item you've been wanting for a quest or for whatever reason.

For example, if an item currently as a drop rate of 1/1000 and it is changed to 1/50 then this would be too drastic.
Syor

Post by Syor »

obviously you're right Leone.

But to give an example yesterday I made 6 levels from the red Monsters and only 1 helmet I received in drop.

6 levels but do you know how many Reds I shot down ????

I don't say much but 1 helmet each level would be fine in my opinion ..... it would be more honest.

Tnks
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

There is a couple of items that really make the top of my list. They are the 150 fire plate and the 200 wand.

Of course there are many many other items that could easily make this list.
Leone

Post by Leone »

Can I add the following to your list (in no particular order)?

Diamond staff
Piece of ancient armour
Cyclops eye
Dragon head
Dragon scales
Mummy bandages

And on a related point, the chance of a 2k item at the underground church.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

As I mentioned in mChat I gained 22 levels (at just over 1.2k) looking for a bandage drop to give to a friend. After that was given away I went back and got two drops within five minutes. I suppose you have to average those things out though and say 3 drops in 22 levels...

I do agree with drop rates being increased. Those conversations have popped up before as well.

I do think that many more players could grind with more of a purpose though. Like players will go grind on Devil Island for xp and then complain when they gain a few levels looking for a drop, probably because the xp is a bit lower. Not everything needs to be so easy that you can get back to mindless grinding. I do think drop rates should be increased, but I personally feel that some players need to change perspective a bit.

And those players who are so high a level that they can kill thousands of mobs in minutes looking for a drop get little sympathy from anyone.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Gullander

Post by Gullander »

You folks may hate this post but it is true! But it is faster to get an item fishing now than grinding for it! Now here comes the hate part...my ogre has fished many 200 wands! Now that plus items can also be fished I suspect that chance will decrease as a larger roster of potential items to fish.

I totally agree that drop rates that is risky business grinding for need an increase. On the flip side I am thankful though these rarer items can be also acqured by fishing. I have also fished several fire plates though they have been +1 or +2. Now before everyone packs a lunch and a pole my ogre spends a lot of time fishing which can be rather dull for the action minded. :lol:
Retired
Leone

Post by Leone »

It's not something I've ever considered tbh........

BUT!

Never say never!

And if you have fished several then i think I can foresee the creation of a new ogre alt.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

SellSword wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm And those players who are so high a level that they can kill thousands of mobs in minutes looking for a drop get little sympathy from anyone.
I believe this statement is true for mages.