Killing monsters quests

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

madmaniacal1

Re: Killing monsters quests

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Lestat wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:25 am not sure how aware people are, but you can kill 1000 mobs and not get one drop.. the drop rate isnt exactly that accurate... each mob you kill has a 1 in a 1000 chance of a drop, repeating for each mob. they dont stack.
maybe we need loaded dice ? lol
You make a valid point here, Lestat. I'm not particularly pushing drop rate changes here myself (seems mildly off topic of the OP), but it does bear looking into.
As for the OP, I'm hoping to get a change. It won't be the simplest fix, but would definitely be an improvement
Omnes Autem Uri
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Lestat wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:25 am {snip}
maybe we need loaded dice ? lol
EXACTLY!

:lol: :mrgreen:
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

UPDATE:

I noticed while playing tonight that the mob variants of different colors do now drop items.

Thank you to whomever fixed this. :)
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
Syor

Post by Syor »

So let's see one thing at a time

Stronger mobs also need to drop items and if a big thank you to whoever implemented this thing has been fixed. That's right

As for the missions, I am against.

I will give you an example
There is a mission where you have to kill freya and every now and then a cyber freya comes out. Ok. Imagine the opposite.
With this modification you will be able to kill freya and they would count you as cyber freya.

In my opinion, if you have to kill a type of monster, that must remain and that's it. Whether it's his strong antagonist or other small hitches is part of the game, and it's realistic for me
In short, putting you there to lead the same monster for a long time can lead to demanding variations

I like this.
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

That is true. I would like to clarify that I got drops from very low level color variant mobs

I have no idea if higher level color variant mobs drop items or not.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

seems to be happening at the 1k level
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

LostKnight wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:46 pm seems to be happening at the 1k level
Excellent!
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Syor wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:03 pm So let's see one thing at a time

There is a mission where you have to kill freya and every now and then a cyber freya comes out. Ok. Imagine the opposite.
With this modification you will be able to kill freya and they would count you as cyber freya.

In my opinion, if you have to kill a type of monster, that must remain and that's it. Whether it's his strong antagonist or other small hitches is part of the game, and it's realistic for me
In short, putting you there to lead the same monster for a long time can lead to demanding variations

I like this.
The quest coding change method I proposed to comp (which he seemed to like) involve each killcount quest manually being coded to allow specific alternative monsters for each one. The scenario you describe with freyas and cyber freyas will not be allowed in reverse. Lower level monsters should not, and will not, be allowed to replace stronger ones in a killcount quest.
Omnes Autem Uri
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

madmaniacal1 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:33 am
Syor wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:03 pm So let's see one thing at a time

I like this.
The quest coding change method I proposed to comp (which he seemed to like) involve each killcount quest manually being coded to allow specific alternative monsters for each one. The scenario you describe with freyas and cyber freyas will not be allowed in reverse. Lower level monsters should not, and will not, be allowed to replace stronger ones in a killcount quest.
Aren't all monster color variants stronger than their regular counterparts?
madmaniacal1

Post by madmaniacal1 »

Yes, which is why they should be allowed in substitution for the weaker, regular versions in killcount quests (in my opinion).
However, if you had a killcount quest for a stronger version, the weaker ones shouldn't count, which is why I asked comp to make the substitution a manual addition to such quests, rather than any kind of automatic system. That measure is less likely to bug, I would hope.
Omnes Autem Uri