suggestion for pets

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mephisto

suggestion for pets

Post by Mephisto »

Suggestions for pets:
Setting a time. If the offline time is less than this time, when you come back the pet will stay in its last position. If the offline time exceeds the set time, the pet will follow the character.
note: when you go offline, your pet ALSO go offline,
pets go online with you, and go offline ALSO with you

NOTE: THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN WHEN YOU LOGIN TWO TIMES IN A SHORT TIME, DEPEND ON THE TIME SET BY GM, MAYBE LIKE 3min or 5 min
This is very convenient for those players who need go offline in a short time.
For example, I need to go offline frequently sometime.
When my wife sees me, I got to go offline in a short time.
When my child calls me, I got to go offline.
When my colleague calls me, I got to go offline.
When I answer the phone, I got to go offline.
When Internet become bad, I will disconnect with the game!!!
Life is very complicated. There are too many reasons to be offline for a while, maybe 1 minute, maybe 3 minutes, maybe 5 minutes.
Every time after going offline in a short time when I go online again, I need to take my pet to a safe place again, and then I need to go back to the location(where good for lvl up), which is really annoying. VERY annoying!!!
And,maybe add a button or command to summon pets to player.
Last edited by Mephisto on Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
SellSword

Re: suggestion for pets

Post by SellSword »

I could see this creating issues as well. I know the idea is that you'd leave the game for a short time, log back on, have pets where they were, and resume grinding. This would undoubtedly cause issues where players log back on and find their pets in the middle of someone's swarm or something like that. There are too many complaints about "pet killers" as it is and this would likely create more.

Many players need to reset their pets frequently. We've all survived.

My thought is the potential for issues and complaints would far outweigh the benefits of saving a few seconds resetting pets.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

SellSword wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:34 am I could see this creating issues as well. I know the idea is that you'd leave the game for a short time, log back on, have pets where they were, and resume grinding. This would undoubtedly cause issues where players log back on and find their pets in the middle of someone's swarm or something like that. There are too many complaints about "pet killers" as it is and this would likely create more.

Many players need to reset their pets frequently. We've all survived.

My thought is the potential for issues and complaints would far outweigh the benefits of saving a few seconds resetting pets.
when you go offline, your pet ALSO go offline, how can others kill your pets??
pets go online with you, and go offline ALSO with you.
Syor

Post by Syor »

cute idea.

Sometimes I disconnect for a few moments and I have to spend a lot of time positioning my pets.

Not indispensable. But it would help a lot.

Yes for me
Freya Syor
Sword Syorina
ITALIAN
Italian Ignobili Group Messenger
There is no game without fun
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Mephisto wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:09 am when you go offline, your pet ALSO go offline, how can others kill your pets??
TRUE, and in the meantime someone creates a mob right where your pets were, and will be, when you come back. OOPS! Dead pets.
SellSword wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:34 am My thought is the potential for issues and complaints would far outweigh the benefits of saving a few seconds resetting pets.
I agree with SellSword. As a matter of fact I "like" the idea that my pets are with me when I comeback online, it gives ME the chance to protect them if needed and they are "my responsibility".

We all have moments we have to log off: Real Life takes priority over a game.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:21 pm
Mephisto wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:09 am when you go offline, your pet ALSO go offline, how can others kill your pets??
TRUE, and in the meantime someone creates a mob right where your pets were, and will be, when you come back. OOPS! Dead pets.
SellSword wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:34 am My thought is the potential for issues and complaints would far outweigh the benefits of saving a few seconds resetting pets.
I agree with SellSword. As a matter of fact I "like" the idea that my pets are with me when I comeback online, it gives ME the chance to protect them if needed and they are "my responsibility".

We all have moments we have to log off: Real Life takes priority over a game.
Really??? Are you sure??? protect them?????
Trust me, when you're doing something dangerous (for example, a dangerous task), relogin can kill your pet.
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

Yes, you have an opportunity to protect your pets much better as it currently is. I've logged in multiple times in the middle of a spawn and when I start walking away my pets follow me.

If you log on and your pets are in "waiting" mode you would have to get them out of that mode and try to get them to safety. And what if you had your pets waiting on a different part of the map? If you log in and see red dots around them do you know what those red dots are?
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

SellSword wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:09 pm Yes, you have an opportunity to protect your pets much better as it currently is. I've logged in multiple times in the middle of a spawn and when I start walking away my pets follow me.

If you log on and your pets are in "waiting" mode you would have to get them out of that mode and try to get them to safety. And what if you had your pets waiting on a different part of the map? If you log in and see red dots around them do you know what those red dots are?
LOL
I don't know What to say.
If you find your pet in danger, just simple press the SUMMON button.
it's better than dead in your danger situation around you.
AND IT IS NOT THE POINT, I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS.
DO YOU OFFEN PUT YOUR PET IN DANGEROUS SITUATION AND WAITING?
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

I agree with the replies.

The current pet system is fine the way it is.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Mephisto wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:51 pm If you find your pet in danger, just simple press the SUMMON button.
What SUMMON button?
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.