suggestion for pets

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!

Moderator: Game Administrators

Mephisto

Re: suggestion for pets

Post by Mephisto »

LostKnight wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:49 pm
Mephisto wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:51 pm If you find your pet in danger, just simple press the SUMMON button.
What SUMMON button?
well, if you press it, your pets will come to you immediately.
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Mephisto wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:40 pm
Mephisto wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:51 pm If you find your pet in danger, just simple press the SUMMON button.
What SUMMON button?
I repeat: What SUMMON button?

I do not have a SUMMON button.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

I believe he means the whip button.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
LostKnight

Post by LostKnight »

Storms7 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:12 am I believe he means the whip button.
No that just moves the pets - and then they return.
I am always AFK!
I am LK, A Friendly Knight.
Storms7

Post by Storms7 »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:42 am
If your pets are parked and you click the whip icon while moving then your pets will follow you until you stop moving again.

You may know about this already and then again this may not be what mephisto meant. We will have to wait for his reply.
OK MAYBE I WILL USE THIS ACCOUNT EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE
SellSword

Post by SellSword »

The whip button would imply the pets are within viewing distance. I'm pretty sure repositioning pets that close registers pretty low on the hassle scale.

Repositioning pets further away (e.g., the entrance of the blood mummies dungeon) is mildly annoying, but not something I feel requires a change in mechanics.

And nobody has promoted putting pets in danger and making them wait. Clearly there is a failure to understand on that issue. What I stated is if you log in and see mobs close to your pets it can be dangerous if you are not close enough to see what's going on.

An example would be that you park your pets on the bottom right corner of map 0, 2. There are just the low-level orange mobs around there, so pretty safe. You walk towards the witch's sister/shop area on the top left and need to log off. A few minutes later you log back on and see some red dots in that area. Can you be positive those red dots are not crazed lions, pink mages, worms, or mushies (southern sun?) in the area?

That is an example of a potentially dangerous situation. Other situations may be more plausible, of course. Maybe someone who is dumb and parks their ogre halflings anywhere on Devil Island... I can hear the whining about "pet killers" coming.

And what if you don't change the timer?

I'm married and have younger kids. I've needed to quickly log for all sorts of things. Logging back on in a few minutes and needing to move my pets registers pretty low on the scale of inconveniences.

Another issue is people who think they can "claim" an area. That's already an issue, but adding in someone leaving their pets somewhere and thinking they can just log back in and resume what they were doing would just heighten those complaints.
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

LostKnight wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:05 am
Mephisto wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:40 pm
What SUMMON button?
I repeat: What SUMMON button?

I do not have a SUMMON button.
lol
summon button for your pet, something like that.
this is the suggestion for future, no button now
but everything is possible
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Storms7 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:48 am
LostKnight wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:42 am
If your pets are parked and you click the whip icon while moving then your pets will follow you until you stop moving again.

You may know about this already and then again this may not be what mephisto meant. We will have to wait for his reply.
the button I mean is the button shown in your screen top right, like backpack button or chat button, if you press it, your pet will come to you immediately.
but it's not necessary, they worry about pet in danger situation, but if that happen, you can go offline enough time to let your pets show up with you next time when you login again.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

SellSword wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:00 am The whip button would imply the pets are within viewing distance. I'm pretty sure repositioning pets that close registers pretty low on the hassle scale.

Repositioning pets further away (e.g., the entrance of the blood mummies dungeon) is mildly annoying, but not something I feel requires a change in mechanics.

And nobody has promoted putting pets in danger and making them wait. Clearly there is a failure to understand on that issue. What I stated is if you log in and see mobs close to your pets it can be dangerous if you are not close enough to see what's going on.

An example would be that you park your pets on the bottom right corner of map 0, 2. There are just the low-level orange mobs around there, so pretty safe. You walk towards the witch's sister/shop area on the top left and need to log off. A few minutes later you log back on and see some red dots in that area. Can you be positive those red dots are not crazed lions, pink mages, worms, or mushies (southern sun?) in the area?

That is an example of a potentially dangerous situation. Other situations may be more plausible, of course. Maybe someone who is dumb and parks their ogre halflings anywhere on Devil Island... I can hear the whining about "pet killers" coming.

And what if you don't change the timer?

I'm married and have younger kids. I've needed to quickly log for all sorts of things. Logging back on in a few minutes and needing to move my pets registers pretty low on the scale of inconveniences.

Another issue is people who think they can "claim" an area. That's already an issue, but adding in someone leaving their pets somewhere and thinking they can just log back in and resume what they were doing would just heighten those complaints.
If the time interval between your two logins exceeds the set time, then your pet will not stay in other places and will only follow you.
Moreover, when you are offline, your pet will also be offline, which will not be an excuse for you to occupy a place, because there are many people who play in different position where they like, and then go offline directly. when next time they are online, they will still be in that position. But this doesn't mean that place is theirs. If someone is there, they should go away, right? That's what everyone has been doing.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

And I think high lvls player don't care about this idea, because they got strong pets, no need to spend too much time to positioning pets.
but think about new players, their pets VERY weak, easy to die hit by monsters, they have to move pets to a faraway place to make pets safe.

for example, I don't care it now, because my pets are VERY strong enough to tank monsters, no need to spend too much time to make them safe.